Staff shakeup predictions?

It would be funny to steal Sam Pittman from UGA. It would be a crushing blow. Not saying we need to replace Will Friend. He didn’t have much to work with last year.
Does anyone know that If we get Wright next month that Friend’s only 2 OL classes at UT would rank vs Pittman ‘s all time clases ?

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
All the coaching spots will work out with the exception of two.
I don’t see a solution to the Feiend Pittman issue. Can’t toss Friend when he is recruiting so well. Really want Pittman’s coaching.

I don’t see winkey staying. I don’t feel he is a super QB coach. Rather have Chaney coaching QBs. Tee is a far better recruiter than winkey. I would have T coaching RB or Receiver. I feel T is a better QBs coach than winkey regardless of resume.

Meh. He chose Knoxville over College Park, MD. Coaching jobs all over the place. He can do better than Maryland.

Maryland is a sleeping giant. Not a bad job. To me, this is more of a statement about his faith in Pruitt vs Locksley. In fact, I would say the thing making me most optimistic about Pruitt right now is that so many great assistants seem to want to work for him. (The opposite situation from what we saw with Butch, who couldn't seem to ever get any A- or even B-list coaching talent for offensive assistant jobs.)

Reactions: k-town_king
Maryland is a sleeping giant. Not a bad job. To me, this is more of a statement about his faith in Pruitt vs Locksley. In fact, I would say the thing making me most optimistic about Pruitt right now is that so many great assistants seem to want to work for him. (The opposite situation from what we saw with Butch, who couldn't seem to ever get any A- or even B-list coaching talent for offensive assistant jobs.)

a "C" coach getting asst coaches that are As and Bs is not going to happen very often..

Maryland jumped to the Big10 in 2012 because their athletic department was bankrupt. They may climb back to relevance, but just this fall the attorney the A.D. hired after the kid died in conditioning called the athletic department "a dysfunctional viper pit'.

There's better places to go than this.

Reactions: feathersax
Well it appears that Pittman can coach em up, there is that major issue.
Which group of OL similar to what we’ve thrown up the past two seasons, has he ever “coached up”?

Maryland jumped to the Big10 in 2012 because their athletic department was bankrupt. They may climb back to relevance, but just this fall the attorney the A.D. hired after the kid died in conditioning called the athletic department "a dysfunctional viper pit'.

I am curious as to the reason why he thinks Maryland is a sleeping giant....

Reactions: feathersax
Well it appears that Pittman can coach em up, there is that major issue.
Maybe, but it is almost impossible for a quarter horse to beat a thoughbred in a race. Talent means as much or more in a players performance. Fact is the players need to have both superior talent and be taught the technique. Friend has had success where he has coached before he joined Tennessee and will do the job.

So assuming it is David Johnson that’s out for Tee, what other staffshake ups do you see? I’ve heard people (Swain mostly) hinting at more staff changes to come. Weinke seems like the weakest link...I wonder if there’s a good recruiter RB coach that played at UT out there hmmmmm. Charles Kelly to Maryland may be something to watch for. Not sure about a replacement if it were to happen.

I think David Johnson is the next to leave. Pruitt pulled Kelly off the recruiting trail and then he left. Then Pruitt pulled David Johnson off the trail, so it makes sense that he’s next to go.

I think whoever they pull off the recruiting trail is the clue that they’re next to leave imo. It’s too bad bc he’s a heckuva coach and solid recruiter, but I’d say 1-2 more coaches could be leaving.

If nobody else is leaving then we could just shift coaches around a bit and we’d be done, but I have a feeling that we may lose 1-2 more coaches, jmo.

Reactions: wwbonsta
All I saw was “fans will be very pleased with the next hire” who could it be?

Reactions: CA_Vol
KNOXVILLE — Defensive graduate assistant Jon Shalala has left the Tennessee program for a coaching position at Mississippi State.

Shalala arrived at Tennessee during the summer of 2016 under then-UT head coach Butch Jones and defensive coordinator Bob Shoop.

^ Thats literally the entire article, which tells you exactly who he is lol

KNOXVILLE — Defensive graduate assistant Jon Shalala has left the Tennessee program for a coaching position at Mississippi State.

Shalala arrived at Tennessee during the summer of 2016 under then-UT head coach Butch Jones and defensive coordinator Bob Shoop.

^ Thats literally the entire article, which tells you exactly who he is lol
I repeat my question. If you don’t know someone exists,does it matter if they leave?

I repeat my question. If you don’t know someone exists,does it matter if they leave?
see what you did there....LOL...Kind of like
"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" .

Reactions: arkivol
I like the staff shakeups and I think that it is further proof that CJP and CPF are committed to winning and will pay to do so. It seems that they see what many others have seen... money flowing into the program and quality coaches is imperative to a blue blood team winning at the highest level. I think that the real driving force behind the staff changeover has been the afore mentioned duo, and as long as the coaches are doing their due diligence and research the investments should pay back in W's and $$$.

see what you did there....LOL...Kind of like
"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" .
tenor.gif

I can’t name a single tutor at UT but I sure appreciate when players qualify.

When one leaves, do you don sackcloth and pour ashes on your head...or NOTICE? Early prediction: we hire someone else and I won’t know wtf they are either.

Reactions: arkivol

How can Maryland get back to football relevance if it never had it in the first place?

VN Store

Back