Staff shakeup predictions?

Possibly our old RB coach didnt mesh with the new staff but that' RB is the one place I feel like the coaching change was an upgrade. I think bringing Weinke in was a risky hire with the potiental to be great but it hasnt worked out to this point. In fairness to him we had the worst Oline last year so it's hard to judge on field results after 1 year.
How has it not worked out?
What has been done/not done to warrant him being replaced? Don't give me fumbles......that is on the player.

How has it not worked out?
What has been done/not done to warrant him being replaced? Don't give me fumbles......that is on the player.
A lot of speculation but many believed a big reason we brought him on was for recruiting because RB wasnt his main strength but viewed as easy to coach. Very rarely do you hear recruits mention his name.

I think it is hard to evaluate RB with the poor Oline, but at the end of the day they weren't succesful last year. I dont think that you were able to point at a year where Gillespie didnt have the RBs playing well and he seemed to atleast have us in the conversation with a lot of recruits that I think this staff would have been able to close on.

Still a very small sample size for Weinke.

Some Alabama $$$ boosters are studying the details of this call and may decide that it is time for a change.

Hearing that Saban has interviewed to be an intern for CJP next year.

alabamafake_png.jpg

This whole experience with Pruitt is exciting to say the least. None of us fans have tge slightest clue what he is doing.
Most of us ruled out Tee coming to Tn months ago but we were wrong
None of us considered Chaney as OC and out of the blue, here he is. I certainly thought it would have been Friend.
I told a Georgia fan that I work with that Cheney could possibly be our next OC, about a month ago, and he said there was no way Cheney would leave Georgia. Needless to say, I gave him hell.

Agree with all the above.

Thought it was Friend at first, then leaned with @butchna being that it maybe Sark

Gotta give Fulmer and Pruitt kudos
I floated the Chaney possibility when AtlantaVol did the StayPuft gif and said that most of us would like the choice. Now believe that Yurcich was the top choice but that we were never settling for a lower candidate.

Here's a first. Have 2 NC winning QBs from opposing sides in a NC Game, ever been on the same coaching staff together?

Nice connection.

He did miss the game with us due to injury, but won it the following year. Guy was 26 as a college quarterback. Thought that was kinda wacko at the time.

I think Johnson takes another job after signing day.

You also could see both Winke and Kelly gone.

Pruitt, Kelly & fair all coach defense backs. Needed all 3 last year with two true freshman corners having to start & the plan of Flowers starting all year.

Moving forward don’t really need 3 defensive back coaches
Not sure if we need 3 DB coaches but those 3 definitely improved our DB’s and I believe that was, if not the best improvements in our team.

Reactions: Ryan Rocky Top
Rumor on twitter is that a coach has been pulled and Tee is on the recruiting trail today. No word on who was pulled.....

Nieds should get a look somewhere

tenor.gif

It would be funny to steal Sam Pittman from UGA. It would be a crushing blow. Not saying we need to replace Will Friend. He didn’t have much to work with last year.

RE: Friend. I wouldn't be disappointed if Friend was replaced. The OL showed no signs of improvement throughout the season. I didn't expect the OL to be good, but I did expect to see SOME improvement over the course of 13 weeks. If anything, they regressed. Bottom line--whether they were or not, they looked poorly coached.

VN Store

Back