Stacy Abrams Thread

"to the degree"

He got it in circulation a year sooner than the left said was possible. How many would have died without that? You also helped out a VP in place who was anti "Trump vax" which also likely hindered the acceptance. Trump made lots of mistakes in dealing with covid but the vax was a huge success. A decent person would have acknowledged it
Trump Takes Credit For Vaccine Created By Others, Including Immigrants
The evidence shows Donald Trump had no role in creating the vaccines to fight Covid-19. There is nothing in the record that warrants him taking “credit” for the vaccines. A review of events shows immigrants and immigrant-led companies created the vaccines.

"to the degree"

He got it in circulation a year sooner than the left said was possible. How many would have died without that? You also helped out a VP in place who was anti "Trump vax" which also likely hindered the acceptance. Trump made lots of mistakes in dealing with covid but the vax was a huge success. A decent person would have acknowledged it
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/12/14/trump-operation-warp-speed-vaccine/
In fact, the lightning-fast development of two leading coronavirus vaccines happened both because of and despite Trump perhaps the most anti-science president in modern history, who has previously flirted with anti-vaccine views and savaged those who cited scientific evidence to press for basic public health measures in response to the pandemic.

Trump Takes Credit For Vaccine Created By Others, Including Immigrants
The evidence shows Donald Trump had no role in creating the vaccines to fight Covid-19. There is nothing in the record that warrants him taking “credit” for the vaccines. A review of events shows immigrants and immigrant-led companies created the vaccines.
You didn't read those did you? No one believes Trump was a scientist. They even had to include this part when you could see how much they just wanted to make it an immigration debate

While Operation Warp Speed helped Moderna in overcoming bottlenecks and is considered one of the few bright spots in the administration’s response to the coronavirus pandemic,

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/12/14/trump-operation-warp-speed-vaccine/
In fact, the lightning-fast development of two leading coronavirus vaccines happened both because of and despite Trump perhaps the most anti-science president in modern history, who has previously flirted with anti-vaccine views and savaged those who cited scientific evidence to press for basic public health measures in response to the pandemic.
Again

On the whole, it was a good thing — it led a potentially anti-science, anti-vaccine administration to push harder for a vaccine.

Now post the quotes from dems and Fauci on when they thought it would be developed. Don't be a shill all your life. Have some pride

You didn't read those did you? No one believes Trump was a scientist. They even had to include this part when you could see how much they just wanted to make it an immigration debate
I think everyone gives Trump credit for helping expedite the development.
But there is not a human alive who would not have done the same thing as president. Trump did it as an anti-vaxer. Just think of what he could have done had he actually wanted to support people being vaccinated.

But there is not a human alive who would not have done the same thing as president. Trump did it as an anti-vaxer. Just think of what he could have done had he actually wanted to support people being vaccinated.

Trump was one of the first people to be vaccinated.

So it's your belief that an admin made up of people who said Trump's actions wouldn't lead to a quicker vax would have in fact taken the same steps? That's really not very smart

Reactions: hog88
If that's the argument you want to make then Biden had no role in it's distribution.
Fair enough.
Which leaves us with their public position on the public getting vaccinated.
And that is precisely where we find the critical difference.
Biden's position saved lives and billions.
Trump's position cost lives and billions.

By the way, I filled my wife's tank last night - $2.88 / gallon. No discount.

Reactions: McDad
Fair enough.

I don't remember Trump ever being "anti-vax". He was anti-mandate but I don't ever recall him trying to get people not to take the vaccine.

Fair enough.

Gas prices are thankfully dropping faster the Biden's approval numbers.

So it's your belief that an admin made up of people who said Trump's actions wouldn't lead to a quicker vax would have in fact taken the same steps? That's really not very smart
Yes. Those and more.

I know. Most of the times he just appears to be contrarian or badly misguided, but that was an out and out dishonest statement and he's doubling down on it, a tendency people like that have.
Nah he’s just not very bright and has severe entitlement issues. The school crossing guards in this country are highly undervalued.

Yes. Those and more.
So they would knowingly institute plans they claimed wouldn't work? You don't see the issue with that line of thought? Do you often execute plans you believe will fail?

What real actions to speed up development were proposed?

Under 60% Of Americans Who Relied On Trump For Covid Info Are Vaccinated, Poll Finds
U.S. adults who cited the Trump administration as their top source for pandemic news last year had a lower Covid-19 vaccination rate than those who relied on media outlets or public health officials, the Pew Research Center said Thursday, as America’s coronavirus vaccine rollout faces a stubborn partisan divide.

I asked for some evidence that Trump was anti-vax. How about some quotes from him disparaging the vaccine or encouraging people not be vaccinated?

So they would knowingly institute plans they claimed wouldn't work? You don't see the issue with that line of thought? Do you often execute plans you believe will fail?

What real actions to speed up development were proposed?
If I believe the plans will fail because they do not go deep enough, then I sure would.
I would execute those plans plus the additions I feel necessary.

If I believe the plans will fail because they do not go deep enough, then I sure would.
I would execute those plans plus the additions I feel necessary.
That was never the claim. There were no alternatives except to say Trump's would fail. Biden claimed he had a plan and look how that turned out

I asked for some evidence that Trump was anti-vax. How about some quotes from him disparaging the vaccine or encouraging people not be vaccinated?
It was the things he didn't say. Sitting in silence while Fox and the rest of the nutty right wing media did everything possible to discourage people from getting the vax, Trump pretty much sat idly by and never once (to my knowledge) called out his media supporters on the negative impact they were having on vaccine numbers.

VN Store

Back