Stability of staff.

Rocker and Rumph had very little to do with recruiting any of the front 7. Hubbs has said Rocker has trouble relating to recruits and their families more than other coaches. He might be a decent position coach but if that is true about his relationship struggles in recruiting he needs to be let go and we can get Neidermeyer type recruiter to replace he and Rumph as I never hear their names mentioned in recruiting.
Cool story from the guy who said Dan Brooks recruited all the 90s DL talent....

I think teams must have elite recruiters. I think teams must also have elite position coaches. Few coaches are elite in both. Finding and keeping the right ratio is a head coaches biggest challenge. Even Little Nickey has had problems with this in the last few years and he has the added benefit of Lyle as counsel.

Reactions: jackaro
Losing Kif helped more than it hurt, if that small portion of the Bama grapevine was right.

I won't argue with Bama fans on this one. They, like us, will usually find reasons that make us feel better about losing a player or a coach. So in the case of KIf, even with a "all world QB" Bama's offense has sputtered from time to time. To me they were nearly "pro level" under Kif. Much like the new LSU offense. under their new offensive coaching team, when you have the horses and can bring in a "top notch" pro type coach, you will be hard to stop. But as I have noticed, Bama, when playing a top notch team like LSU, Clem, etc. without Kif, they have looked a little short of "great". Now, that being said, "watch out BAMA" Ole Miss will be coming!!!

Your correct
I'm certainly no insider but while listening to Basilio's recruiting special yesterday with "X" and others as guests, they kept mentioning Rocker and Weinke as likely to be replaced before next year. Rocker for lack of recruiting and Weinke for not being the best coach for HB. I know nothing, just passing it on.

VN Store

Back