Squeaker in Pennsylvania

Harbinger - already speculation that it will be enough to push a number of repubs. to decide not to run for reelection

I'm fine whenever incumbents term limit themselves. Entrenched, career politicians are 90% of the problem in DC.

Reactions: 1 person
Blue dogs in the south survived for years doing that. Democrats have never really figured things out since 1994 when all the party switches happened and the southern Democrat became an endangered species.

We're making a comeback. Rumor is that we will be removed from the endangered list in about 8 months.

We're making a comeback. Rumor is that we will be removed from the endangered list in about 8 months.

The further left your party slides, the more voters that you alienate.

The more times those idiots Pelosi and Schumer talk about taking away the tax cuts, the more voters that slip through your fingers.

Even this guy in PA has tried to distance himself from Pelosi. You want to make a "comeback"? Get rid of her.

On second thought, no, replace her with Maxine Waters or Sheila Jackson Lee. That's the only way you can survive.

The more times those idiots Pelosi and Schumer talk about taking away the tax cuts, the more voters that slip through your fingers.

Even this guy in PA has tried to distance himself from Pelosi. You want to make a "comeback"? Get rid of her.

On second thought, no, replace her with Maxine Waters or Sheila Jackson Lee. That's the only way you can survive.

I think enough lessons have been learned to carry the mid-terms. I'm guessing the repubs. may be learning some lessons of their own.

There is only so much adjustment to the rate of the natural movement left that society will tolerate.

You are right about Pelosi. Her demeanor and appearance made her so easily demonized. She has become a symbol of too far left. Need a moderate.

The modern, moderate democrat is a myth. Just look at John Tester's history.

So is the moderate repub, they've been slowly drummed out of office by the far right PACs .Congress would be more functional with a mixture of centrists and moderates, progressives and right/farright assures dysfunction.$0.02.

You are right about Pelosi. Her demeanor and appearance made her so easily demonized. She has become a symbol of too far left. Need a moderate.

You had that chance when DWS stepped down as Party Chairman..

Did the DNC take that opportunity to stop the slide to the left? Nope...

For some perspective, recent vote counts for Murphy in this district:
2012: 217k
2014: 166k
2016: 294k

2012 was the last time a Democrat ran, and he got 122k votes. So I wouldn’t get too excited just yet. This yuge upset candidate got 10k less votes than a guy with no chance 6 years ago. My guess is republican voters show up in November when it actually matters and this issue will be put to bed. District is also being redrawn and it doesn’t sound like Lamb even wants to run in the district he just won.

I'm curious about something...

Was CNN freaking straight the eff out when that district flipped from Obama in 2012 to Trump in 2016?

I'm curious about something...

Was CNN freaking straight the eff out when that district flipped from Obama in 2012 to Trump in 2016?

Well yes, because all the white supremacists showed up to vote.

Now it turns out the majority of the white supremacists are democrats. Sad!

Great movie. But, per a GOP strategist:

"...That a Democrat is even close in this Western Pennsylvania congressional district can mean only one thing — bad news for Republicans in this midterm year.

"We should be able to elect a box of hammers in this district," veteran Republican strategist Mike Murphy told the Washington Post's Robert Costa. "If we're losing here, you can bet there is a Democratic wave coming."

Democrat Conor Lamb Appears To Have Won Pennsylvania Special Election. Here's What It Means : NPR

It'll never happen in one election cycle; especially if the economy keeps growing and job market stays strong.

Last edited:
It'll never happen in one election cycle; especially if the economy keeps growing and job market stays strong.

Suppose we see a massive shift this cycle and Dems gain majority in both houses. Given the strong job market and growing economy, would you consider that an even bigger indictment on Trump and/or the Repubs...ie...people have money in their pockets and still are sick of everything going on?

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back