Spyre Questions

Is Spyre under any pressure from outside sources to get NIL deals to other sports like womens track and field, rowing, golf…etc? I’m wanting to get on board and help but to me the only sports I think deserves the money are the sports that are making the biggest impact, like football, baseball and mens and womens basketball.

You can bet these NIL contracts were drawn up by lawyers for Spyre to protect them. I can see modifications being done over time as unforeseen issues also come up that will need to be addressed. It will be a work in progress for awhile for both sides.

I would like to know about the following:

If we are going to pay 18-21 year olds to represent us, are they going to be held accountable if they get into trouble, more specifically is there a behavioral expectation clause in the contract?

I would also like these multi-million dollar contracts to be more transparent. Spell out how many engagements per year are expected.

How often are payments dispersed?

Is it bi-weekly/monthly/annually?

Is all the money guaranteed?

Is every contract unique or is it mostly boilerplate with only the amount of the contract malleable?

How about if the kid is a bust? Do we still owe them millions if they come here an don't contribute?

Why though? Do you grill McDonald's about where all your money is going every time you spend $5 there?

Guys, this is a privately held company that has absolutely zero to gain from revealing proprietary info or contract terms. In my opinion, their site already gives you a solid amount of info on who they are and what you get for joining as a member. If you can't part with $5 - $20 without needing to know every detail of every contract they intend to offer athletes, then this is just not for you.

All that being said, if you think Spyre is tossing out boilerplate contracts where they hit ctrl+f to replace a kid's name, then you really haven't been paying attention. These are HIGHLY customized deals, and they aren't written by people who have never heard of the transfer portal...

Why though? Do you grill McDonald's about where all your money is going every time you spend $5 there?

Guys, this is a privately held company that has absolutely zero to gain from revealing proprietary info or contract terms. In my opinion, their site already gives you a solid amount of info on who they are and what you get for joining as a member. If you can't part with $5 - $20 without needing to know every detail of every contract they intend to offer athletes, then this is just not for you.

All that being said, if you think Spyre is tossing out boilerplate contracts where they hit ctrl+f to replace a kid's name, then you really haven't been paying attention. These are HIGHLY customized deals, and they aren't written by people who have never heard of the transfer portal...
I think if Spyre is going to pay a kid $8m, he only gets a couple hundred thousand after first 2 years. Millions come after jr & sr years. Their not stupid.

Prove it. Otherwise you’re just spewing hot garbage just like McDs food

We don't need opposing teams crawling this site for info on how to steal the business model to become more competitive.

Just a reminder that I have personally and privately emailed Spyre directly. I was actually planning to email Will at Spyre at his request but that thread got deleted before i could get back to his email he dropped because some numbskull was talking smack about some guy’s dead mom.

They did respond once that they would include me in a zoom meeting but failed to deliver a link. They also understood my concerns and agreed to answer them in the zoom meeting that I was never invited to.

I hoped this thread might survive long enough to add some transparency or maybe another opportunity to join a zoom meeting.

I would love to make a commitment, a lot more than a Happy Meal’s worth. But their lack of response is alarming and makes me think a lot worse than some of you obviously think about management of contracts and ultimately funds. After all, they are agreeing to give high school kids large sums of money based on potential in college. Anyone with children knows you can’t just give a kid a bunch of money and expect them to do nothing but good with it.

I always assumed the big money would come once that person was on campus and proven. I think we will see some level of control put in to prevent this approach since NIL was not really intended for recruiting purposes. That’s what all the sour grapes have been about thus far and I think its a matter of time before there’s more rules put into place to limit this.

Just a reminder that I have personally and privately emailed Spyre directly. I was actually planning to email Will at Spyre at his request but that thread got deleted before i could get back to his email he dropped because some numbskull was talking smack about some guy’s dead mom.

They did respond once that they would include me in a zoom meeting but failed to deliver a link. They also understood my concerns and agreed to answer them in the zoom meeting that I was never invited to.

I hoped this thread might survive long enough to add some transparency or maybe another opportunity to join a zoom meeting.

I would love to make a commitment, a lot more than a Happy Meal’s worth. But their lack of response is alarming and makes me think a lot worse than some of you obviously think about management of contracts and ultimately funds. After all, they are agreeing to give high school kids large sums of money based on potential in college. Anyone with children knows you can’t just give a kid a bunch of money and expect them to do nothing but good with it.

I always assumed the big money would come once that person was on campus and proven. I think we will see some level of control put in to prevent this approach since NIL was not really intended for recruiting purposes. That’s what all the sour grapes have been about thus far and I think its a matter of time before there’s more rules put into place to limit this.

Always happy to answer questions that I can. Will@spyresports.com. Apologies for not getting the link, but it was for members only which if you aren’t currently could have been the issue.
we wanted our first Q&A to be an exclusive for Volunteer Club members as a thank you for all the support. We will be having more, some will be open to the public. We are also having an event Saturday at Saloon 16 where you could ask questions.

Again, apologies on the lack of response you felt. We’re trying our best to get to everyone but we do get a ton of emails. We’ve had a rapid growth of members recently and there’s been a ton going on with athletes. However, again apologies for the lack of response. We’ll get it fixed!

Always happy to answer questions that I can. Will@spyresports.com. Apologies for not getting the link, but it was for members only which if you aren’t currently could have been the issue.
we wanted our first Q&A to be an exclusive for Volunteer Club members as a thank you for all the support. We will be having more, some will be open to the public. We are also having an event Saturday at Saloon 16 where you could ask questions.

Again, apologies on the lack of response you felt. We’re trying our best to get to everyone but we do get a ton of emails. We’ve had a rapid growth of members recently and there’s been a ton going on with athletes. However, again apologies for the lack of response. We’ll get it fixed!
Thanks for your response and apology. The initial response ai recieved from spyre did not differentiate between members only zoom and non-members, Only that I would recieve an email with a link. Obviously when that did not happen, I became even more hesitant.

I will email you tomorrow when i can sit down at a computer and spell them all out.

Reactions: WillAtSpyre
Prove what? That you’re a lunatic? You’ve already done that in this thread.
Name calling is so mature. Prove that what you’re saying is factual. After all, this is a Spyre questions thread. Otherwise, go work on an educated response that doesnt need to stoop to name calling in order to defend your bs posting.

They make money, some of the players make money, the school makes money, the businesses make money and the fans give money. Money, it's always been and still is about money.

Reactions: KptVFL
Name calling is so mature. Prove that what you’re saying is factual. After all, this is a Spyre questions thread. Otherwise, go work on an educated response that doesnt need to stoop to name calling in order to defend your bs posting.

I already provided an educated response and your reply was: prove it. If you’d like to refute anything I’ve said, please do so, but you’ve yet to make any sensible argument.

All I know is that a lot of people are going to lose their s**t the moment a great and expensive player is booted due to off-the-field issues.

Thanks for your response and apology. The initial response ai recieved from spyre did not differentiate between members only zoom and non-members, Only that I would recieve an email with a link. Obviously when that did not happen, I became even more hesitant.

I will email you tomorrow when i can sit down at a computer and spell them all out.
giphy.gif

Thank you for this well thought out response. It is very helpful!

A separate NIL question: When ESPN promotes UT vs Bama and has Hooker highlighted on the screen, shouldn’t ESPN pay Hooker? Or at least some of the TV contract go specifically to Hooker instead of just the Athletic Department? Not trying to take money from our AD, just wanting our guys to get paid.

ESPN and Hooker don't have an agreement. No player is getting paid without signing an agreement with some entity.

Professional players don't get TV money from networks

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
I would like to know about the following:

If we are going to pay 18-21 year olds to represent us, are they going to be held accountable if they get into trouble, more specifically is there a behavioral expectation clause in the contract?

I would also like these multi-million dollar contracts to be more transparent. Spell out how many engagements per year are expected.

How often are payments dispersed?

Is it bi-weekly/monthly/annually?

Is all the money guaranteed?

Is every contract unique or is it mostly boilerplate with only the amount of the contract malleable?

How about if the kid is a bust? Do we still owe them millions if they come here an don't contribute?

Now this is funny. How about listing out how you are paid and how you use that revenue. LOL

Frankly, this is no bodies business but the athletes. You have an option to put money in or not.

funny how people are all worried about how much SPYRE keeps from donations for their costs and dont know if they want to donate until they find out so they know it is not mismanaged, but these same people dont care to fork over thousands to the UTAD as "gifts" year after year and keep getting the same results on the field and idiot after idiot being hired as coach after three years of failure

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
funny how people are all worried about how much SPYRE keeps from donations for their costs and dont know if they want to donate until they find out so they know it is not mismanaged, but these same people dont care to fork over thousands to the UTAD as "gifts" year after year and keep getting the same results on the field and idiot after idiot being hired as coach after three years of failure

the thing about donations to the Tennessee Fund, a persons actual dollars could be going to the scholarship fund for the Tennis team. Could be funding a minor sport. No way to know specifically where your dollar goes.

That is true giving to Spyre also. Could go to a cheerleader.

VN Store

Back