Spurrier on the SEC additions

It's really weird..........

I hate UF, but have always loved the 'Ole Ball Coach.
I can't stand Duke, but loved Christian Laettner

Same. I loved the documentary about him narrated by Kenny Chesney, The Believer. If I’m not mistsken, Spurrier is a Tennessee boy born and raised, and got snubbed by UT bc they didn’t offer him a scholarship. So that’s when his real hate for UT set in.

Reactions: LittleVol
It got me thinking, I know some UT fans absolutely hate Spurrier, but some like him like myself. What makes him likeable? Gotta respect someone who tells it like it is, but Saban tends to do that, yet is not so widely liked among other fan bases.

It got me thinking, I know some UT fans absolutely hate Spurrier, but some like him like myself. What makes him likeable? Gotta respect someone who tells it like it is, but Saban tends to do that, yet is not so widely liked among other fan bases.
To me..........he's just a regular guy. not influenced by PC or trying to please everyone. He only cares about his players and the program he coaches (and golf.) He pissed me off with the "can't spell Citrus without a U and a T," and the "Free Shoes University" crap, but you had to respect the guy. If the brunt of his comments weren't against UT and FSU, I would have liked him even more. The truth about him for me is this, I would have loved for him to coach my favorite team and would have loved to have played for him.

Unfortunate UT still ran the Wing-T when he came out of HS, or he would have been a Vol.

Reactions: Johnnyreb#VFL

Honestly, it should be obvious. Spurrier is from Tennessee. He tells it like it is, but with a joke and a smile. It comes across like a smart-a$$ comment you or a buddy might say while hanging out, drinking a beer together. When Saban tells it like it is, it just comes across like he is a prick.

VN Store

Back