Spring Practice Thread #1 Tuesday 3/10/20

So Shrout ahead of BM? Holliday and Hill non-factors?
We'll see how they scramble them around. If it stays like that then it may be significant.

Shrout being the guy no one has talked about... could sneak in there and make some noise. He has the best arm of the group.

Holiday is a long way from being an SEC caliber passer.

Johnson ahead of Keyton and VJJ. Gibbs non-factor?

Forgive me if any of these guys are out for the Spring. Hard to keep up with.
I doubt the order among the WR's makes much difference. Six or 8 guys will get an PT. A couple... will stand out.

Reactions: GoVolunteers
Jeremy Pruitt talks practice

Pruitt: It was a great day to be out there, especially with the rain. Teaching them to hold onto the football -Wallace-

Pruitt: "You can see it with guys how their bodies have changed over the course of the last year." -GoVols-

Pruitt saying losing LS (Riley Lockler) to graduation is a big something the Vols must look to replace this spring. -Volquest-

Pruitt: I believe it was obvious that we do have some experience. When you compare the last two years, we're further along now, which we should be, with the experience we have coming back. We've had a great offseason. Guys have worked really hard in the weight room.

Pruitt: "I felt like, as the practice went, the strong we got." -247-

Pruitt: we didn’t interview him or anybody else. We just offered him the job. On new DL coach Jimmy Brumbaugh -Wallace-

Pruitt on offensive continuity under Jim Chaney: The longer you do something, the better you should be at it. I feel like with Jim and the staff being here the second time around, we're definitely further ahead. There needs to be lots of growth this spring on the offensive side. -247-

Pruitt: This will be the first time in three years we've worked with 85 scholarship players. That helps. We've got some depth on both sides in the interior, and we're a lot bigger than we were the first year. -247-

Jeremy Pruitt: Craig (Fitzgerald) is a guy that's in high demand because he's good at what he does. There have been some big openings in our conference and he was the first they called. -Rocky Top Insider-

Pruitt: We've got several guys that their practices will be modified a bit during spring. Baylen Buchanan's practices will be modified, and Emmit Gooden. We've got several guys like that. But the fact that they can practice in certain scenarios, it gives them a chance to develop. -Insider-

Last edited:
Jeremy Pruitt talks practice

Pruitt: It was a great day to be out there, especially with the rain. Teaching them to hold onto the football -Wallace-

Pruitt: "You can see it with guys how their bodies have changed over the course of the last year." -GoVols-

Pruitt saying losing LS (Riley Lockler) to graduation is a big something the Vols must look to replace this spring. -Volquest-

Pruitt: I believe it was obvious that we do have some experience. When you compare the last two years, we're further along now, which we should be, with the experience we have coming back. We've had a great offseason. Guys have worked really hard in the weight room.

Pruitt: "I felt like, as the practice went, the strong we got." -247-

Pruitt: we didn’t interview him or anybody else. We just offered him the job. On new DL coach Jimmy Brumbaugh -Wallace-

Pruitt on offensive continuity under Jim Chaney: The longer you do something, the better you should be at it. I feel like with Jim and the staff being here the second time around, we're definitely further ahead. There needs to be lots of growth this spring on the offensive side. -247-

Pruitt: This will be the first time in three years we've worked with 85 scholarship players. That helps. We've got some depth on both sides in the interior, and we're a lot bigger than we were the first year. -247-

No interview? Ansley vouch for his boy that strongly?

VN Store

Back