Spring Practice Thread #1 Tuesday 3/10/20

Only position used less frequently than TE.

I totally understand why you would think that. Most of the time it's like we do not have a TE on the field, Their assignments routinely go unblocked which is kind in that they mostly go untouched. More often than not when the ball does come out to them on a pass it's a drop or they develop alligator arms. If we could improve and just get mediocre play from the TE position consistently it would really help the entire offense IMO.

Also noticed no mentions of Gibbs, should I be worried?

Non-factors in practice rotation...which means not top 3 or 4 in the splits. Obviously not for the season...c'mon lol.
Its the 1st practice. Typically the guys that know what they are doing during drill sessions goes 1st. This isnt even the entire team. 20+ other guys are gonna show up in the summer. They will also start at the end of the drills and we will rescramble this puzzle all over again. I'd be alarmed if it were the last day of fall camp.

Reactions: KBVol
Jeremy Pruitt talks practice

Pruitt: It was a great day to be out there, especially with the rain. Teaching them to hold onto the football -Wallace-

Pruitt: "You can see it with guys how their bodies have changed over the course of the last year." -GoVols-

Pruitt saying losing LS (Riley Lockler) to graduation is a big something the Vols must look to replace this spring. -Volquest-

Pruitt: I believe it was obvious that we do have some experience. When you compare the last two years, we're further along now, which we should be, with the experience we have coming back. We've had a great offseason. Guys have worked really hard in the weight room.

Pruitt: "I felt like, as the practice went, the strong we got." -247-

Pruitt: we didn’t interview him or anybody else. We just offered him the job. On new DL coach Jimmy Brumbaugh -Wallace-

Pruitt on offensive continuity under Jim Chaney: The longer you do something, the better you should be at it. I feel like with Jim and the staff being here the second time around, we're definitely further ahead. There needs to be lots of growth this spring on the offensive side. -247-

Pruitt: This will be the first time in three years we've worked with 85 scholarship players. That helps. We've got some depth on both sides in the interior, and we're a lot bigger than we were the first year. -247-

Jeremy Pruitt: Craig (Fitzgerald) is a guy that's in high demand because he's good at what he does. There have been some big openings in our conference and he was the first they called. -Rocky Top Insider-

Pruitt: We've got several guys that their practices will be modified a bit during spring. Baylen Buchanan's practices will be modified, and Emmit Gooden. We've got several guys like that. But the fact that they can practice in certain scenarios, it gives them a chance to develop. -Insider-

Thanks for sharing, Coach Pruitt is getting better at his press conferences.

If we think back to last years spring and fall practice reports you’d think JG was flawless everyday. Until he got benched. Once that happened the reports took a totally different direction. All of a sudden Maurer was the most accurate and JGs inconsistencies were being reported. This is why I take anything media related with a grain of salt because it’s not always the whole truth.
Never was Maurer declared most accurate. A hail Mary to to spark the team was the reason he started. Those were the reports. Never was it reported that BM was best at anything passing . Lmao

The practice reports and results matched as evidenced by 46.7% passing. This is just par for the course.

Never was Maurer declared most accurate. A hail Mary to to spark the team was the reason he started. Those were the reports. Never was it reported that BM was best at anything passing . Lmao

The practice reports and results matched as evidenced by 46.7% passing. This is just par for the course.
Your nutz. Look up the practice report then. They repeated stated the BM was the most accurate at the time..get off JG jock and face rhe real world

Screenshot_20200311-091134_Chrome.jpg

VN Store

Back