Spring practice starts tomorrow!! What are you watching for?

Darrin Kirkland- How does he look running about. Is he healthy and in command FINALLY of the defense?
Nigel Warrior- WIll he play some NB??
Brain Maurer and JT Shrout- may the best man win!
Jeremy Banks and Ty Chandler- Is Banks more focused now? Is Chandler still breakaway fast?
WHO WILL BE THE 4th Wide Reciever? Will Palmer, Callaway and Jennings be the strength of this new offense?

Tank McCullough...Tyus Fields...Warren Burrell how do they look running around a college practice?
Does Crouch immediately take the other OLB spot opposite of Taylor?

Looking forward to better OL play and a vast improvement in decision making, pre snap reads, and quick delivery from JG OR another QB behind center which I think will happen!!! The OL will be greatly improved this year!!! Book it!!!!
It baffles me that some people seriously believe one of the QBs on our roster will "beat out" JG. I'm not sure if that is what you implied but I have saw people say it.
JG is the starter as long as he is here unless he gets injured.
There is no QB competition aside from the backup spot.

I'm looking forward to finding out who VQ shills relentlessly so I can know who to go ahead and write off for the season.

No, but seriously, it's gotta be OL play. That is far and away the biggest indicator of how this season will go imo.

It will be interesting to see if the lethargic ho-hum practice pace/mentality is still there. I saw that as a warning sign last year that the team would be terrible and it served as a good barometer for their play on the field.

Looking forward to QB's and RB's (which werent shown much in practice last year) to get an idea of who will be starting when the team becomes good again in 2 to 3 years.

I want to see actual improvement across all facets and have it translate to game day results in a positive way.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
I'm looking for a teamwide nasty attitude. A win, lose or draw, we here to whip people's arses. And it starts here with the prepping to do just that mentality.

We have not been able to control the core middle of the field for the past several years. It has been our achilles heel. So, I mostly want to know what we look like at the point of contact on offense and defense and with linebackers. If we don't show improvement in these areas, it will be another depressing season.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
See if Fingers can take care of this itch I seem to get every year 'bout this time...
giphy.gif

Should be an interesting spring as Coach Pruitt enters year two as Tennessee head coach. We have incoming players to evaluate, starting jobs up for grabs, and a slew of new coaches on the field and existing coaches coaching new positions.

What are you looking forward to most this spring?
Football.

I’m most interested to see routes in air.

But seriously, I’d like to see which Oline men have flourished in the S&C. We should be able to see a noticeable difference by now.

Looking forward to watching some football, however we can get it. If we are all lucky, maybe after spring game, someone will start a thread debating which quarterback should start.
And get real PERSONAL about it? Promise they get real personal and condescending to dissenters!

Reactions: Orangeredblooded

VN Store

Back