Spring Practice #8

Fingers

updating…

VIDEO

CLIPS

NOTES

Some quick notes: OT Gerald Mincey was back out there today with his right ankle heavily taped. He did not participate in Saturday’s scrimmage. Running back Jabari Small was not out there while the media was present and tight end Princeton Fant was not dressed out. Doneiko Slaughter was not seen on the practice field either.

Because of Kaleb Webb’s long strides, it didn’t take him long at all to get down the field. Squirrel White is indeed, fast. I thought both Hendon Hooker and Joe Milton looked really good throwing this deep all. Granted, it’s on-air with no rush. It should look good.

I thought Tayven Jackson looked poised doing this drill, especially for being a young guy.

The linebackers worked steps and reads under the cage. The groups today were Banks/Beasley, Mitchell (yellow jersey)/Page, Garland/Herring and then so on.

The cornerback group still looks small with only Christian Charles and Desmond Williams over there of note.
e.cain

Tennessee is still shorthanded in the secondary with Doneiko Slaughter, Kamal Hadden, Warren Burrell, Brandon Turnage and De'Shawn Rucker all not in uniform and working on the side.

Princeton Fant was in cleats and gloves, but was working on the side as the Vols remain down a couple of tight ends with him and Miles Campbell.

Still no Jabari Small, leaving Tennessee with three scholarship running backs in Jaylen Wright, Len'Neth Whitehead and Justin Williams-Thomas.

Couple of positives injury notes: Florida offensive tackle Gerald Mincey, who was held out of the first scrimmage on Saturday, was going through drills with his right ankle heavily taped and looked to be moving better after a few days off, and defensive lineman LaTrell Bumphus has started doing some light rehab work on his knee injury.

The first group went Jeremiah Crawford, Jerome Carvin, Cooper Mays, Javontez Spraggins and Darnell Wright. The second group went Mincey, Ollie Lane, Parker Ball, Jackson Lampley and Dayne Davis. Next up was RJ Perry, James Robinson, Addison Nichols, Kingston Harris and William Parker. Freshman Mo Clipper Jr. got reps at left guard while fellow newcomer Brian Grant continues to rep at right tackle.
p.brown

Last edited:
I may very well be wrong. With Milton's size, it seems he would be well served in a position of need. JMO

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Hope so...I know folks get on him about his arm...but he has potential to be really good if they can ever figure out how to utilize his talent

I remember seeing where Heupel is installing some option packages. I wonder if Milton would be good for those.
If Milton can leverage his size physically, get the right contacts prescription, and get coached up, he has tons of potential. I'm really rooting for this guy to become a solid backup this year with room to improve next year.

Reactions: OrangeShades

VN Store

Back