Spring Practice #13

I'm as negavol as they come and I wouldn't stoop to the level of comparing anyone to JG.

JG was on his own level of bad. But i have a feeling that besides a few busted scrambling plays, Milton would have looked nearly as bad under Pruitt.... probably a bit better under Butch though.

The point is though that based on everything i have seen, they both practice like tarzan and play like jane so to speak. I really hope Milton proves me wrong in case we ever need him this year.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Especially when you witnessed Purdue wearing our secondary out in bowl game last year. I don't have much faith in our db coach either. He never helped burrell with any adjustments in that game - not a fan of martinez.

Secondary is by far the biggest concern of this team. No doubt..We are going to need a great pass rush to help make them look more decent back there.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I don't think it's harsh. That's exactly how Milton played when he started for us last year. You can tell he has all the physical tools in the world but he never put it together during a game. The guys that cover the team say he still throws the prettiest ball in practice but we all know that Hooker is our starting QB for a reason. Milton isn't a gamer and Hooker is.

That was his blue font bro...he said harsh because JG is the WORST QB to ever start multiple seasons at UT in the modern (forward pass) era of CFB.

Only Tennessee starter to EVER start multiple seasons and have a (very) losing record....won about 1/3 of his games at UT and personally BEAT HIS OWN TEAMS in several big SEC games (see Alabama BS at goal line, back to back pick 6s at HOME to lose to a far inferior UK team)

JG was a cancer that stupid Gump Pruitt refused to bench even though any other coach in the SEC would have benched him for a walk on with zero experience. He was here what 5 years? Seemed like a decade and i know many VOL fans who by the end of JGs run refused to watch, attend, donate, or in any way support the UT football team as long as his sorry azz was under center. It was freaking UNBEARABLE to know every single week we were gonna lose the ballgame against any halfway decent opponent bc he was a turnover machine with a QB rating of what maybe 50?

The worst. Ever. Seems like a good guy and wish him the best in life in every possible way. Have loved and attended UT games since toddler days 40 plus years ago. Like many, i would boycott UT football RIGHT NOW if coach rolled his sorry azz out there game 1 until a competent college QB was replacing him. He had no business being a D1 college QB for anyone much less UT.

Check his stats from the Pac10 after he thankfully left us. Threw same picks right and left...held the ball and got sack/fumbled on the regular....personallu choked and lost his team games until they (quickly) benched him....for good.

Wish he wasnt even mentioned with UT football. Ever. He hurt this program as much as Pruitt did.

That was his blue font bro...he said harsh because JG is the WORST QB to ever start multiple seasons at UT in the modern (forward pass) era of CFB.

Only Tennessee starter to EVER start multiple seasons and have a (very) losing record....won about 1/3 of his games at UT and personally BEAT HIS OWN TEAMS in several big SEC games (see Alabama BS at goal line, back to back pick 6s at HOME to lose to a far inferior UK team)
JG was a cancer that stupid Gump Pruitt refused to bench even though any other coach in the SEC would have benched him for a walk on with zero experience. He was here what 5 years? Seemed like a decade and i know many VOL fans who by the end of JGs run refused to watch, attend, donate, or in any way support the UT football team as long as his sorry azz was under center. It was freaking UNBEARABLE to know every single week we were gonna lose the ballgame against any halfway decent opponent bc he was a turnover machine with a QB rating of what maybe 50?

The worst. Ever. Seems like a good guy and wish him the best in life in every possible way. Have loved and attended UT games since toddler days 40 plus years ago. Like many, i would boycott UT football RIGHT NOW if coach rolled his sorry azz out there game 1 until a competent college QB was replacing him. He had no business being a D1 college QB for anyone much less UT.
Check his stats from the Pac10 after he thankfully left us. Threw same picks right and left...held the ball and got sack/fumbled on the regular....personallu choked and lost his team games until they (quickly) benched him....for good.
Wish he wasnt even mentioned with UT football. Ever. He hurt this program as much as Pruitt did.

I don't think JG played much with the Cougars. He got hurt in practice, I think, and never saw the field again.

This post sums it up. I am a DIEHARD Tennessee fan. But i actually wanted to stop watching because of Pruitt stubbornly trotting JG out there. That was the darkest era of Tennessee football for sure. It did feel like a decade. It was terrible. He had zero business quarter backing for anyone. It was so hard to watch. I HATE Pruitt for that....like a vengeful type of hate....hope he never coaches anywhere again. Would tell him to his face how much i dislike him if i ever see him in public.

I wonder if Bama boosters were paying him to set us back more . The JG starting for so long saga really makes one wonder.

In the end it was NOT JG's fault. He did everything he could to get on the field and win games while a Vol. Nothing more could or should be asked of any player on scholarship. The fault was in the staffs who kept putting him on the field. He must have been a practice warrior. However he never was able to translate that to game day. He just did not have that it factor a winner has and I'm convinced it's like talent you're either born with it or you're not.

Reactions: GoBigOrange_2309

JG didn’t personally lose the Bama game. Nor did he personally lose any other game. Was he bad? Yes. But correct me if I am wrong but he didn’t play defense or OL. How did JG hurt this program as much as Pruitt?

We are always so thin during Spring Practices.

I bet Fant is getting in some FB reps in case we need another big mobile blocker to plow the fields with.

Hope we never again see him run past his block and turn around to watch and drag the RB forward by the jersey. Watching that really hurt.

Reactions: VAVol85
JG didn’t personally lose the Bama game. Nor did he personally lose any other game. Was he bad? Yes. But correct me if I am wrong but he didn’t play defense or OL. How did JG hurt this program as much as Pruitt?

Yes he hurt it indirectly every bit as much as Pruitt did

VN Store

Back