Spring games

I hope we have a televised Spring game. It always helps with recruiting to have your name out there, especially with the NCAA extending no contact with recruits. Recruits get to see the new offense and how they could fit.
Me, too.

Not having a spring game this year would be sort of like the B10 and PAC deciding not to have a season last year. A decision you would quickly grow to regret, as others around you take the opportunity you've passed up.

Let's don't be the B10, or the PAC. Or now Florida. Let's play spring ball.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
Me, too.

Not having a spring game this year would be sort of like the B10 and PAC deciding not to have a season last year. A decision you would quickly grow to regret, as others around you take the opportunity you've passed up.

Let's don't be the B10, or the PAC. Or now Florida. Let's play spring ball.
Nobody will miss the spring game if it isn't had. No spring 'ball' is being cancelled. It's a total wash.

Reactions: GAVol
Nobody will miss the spring game if it isn't had. No spring 'ball' is being cancelled. It's a total wash.
Saying "nobody" is kind of dangerous. It is an extreme position. It is definitive.

And the trouble with saying it is, most of the time you can't know what you claim to know. It is hard to know "everybody" and by extension "nobody." In fact, it is very easy for me to prove you wrong: I would miss it. There. That's one. That puts the lie to "nobody." Just that easy.

Not a word to use lightly, unless one enjoys being wrong often.

Saying "nobody" is kind of dangerous. It is an extreme position. It is definitive.

And the trouble with saying it is, you can't know what you claim. In fact, it is very easy for me to prove you wrong: I would miss it. There. That's one. That puts the lie to "nobody." Just that easy.

Not a word to use lightly, unless one enjoys being wrong often.
It's a message board. My comment didn't need a semantics lesson. Besides, saying "let's play spring ball" implies that you think no spring football ball will be played, which is wrong and disproven in the first handful of comments on this very thread.

Read.

It's a message board. My comment didn't need a semantics lesson. Besides, saying "let's play spring ball" implies that you think no spring football ball will be played, which is wrong and disproven in the first handful of comments on this very thread.

Read.
Yes, it is a message board. The only things we have here, are words. That's it. That's all I can know about you, and all you can know about me, is the words we use.

Seems it would be smart to use the ones that mean what we intend to say, right?

Yes, it is a message board. The only things we have here, are words. That's it. That's all I can know about you, and all you can know about me, is the words we use.

Be smart to use the ones that mean what we intend to say, right?
You're right, it tells everyone a lot when you choose to take everything literally and go full-on semantics fascist on someone calling out your post for being silly.

You're right, it tells everyone a lot when you choose to take everything literally and go full-on semantics fascist on someone calling out your post for being silly.
Am I hurting your feelings? Fascist. Oh my.

I mean, you started the argument. Did you not expect it to continue?

As I said a few weeks ago, I don't expect Tennessee to have an Orange and White Game. There are people in the building that want to do it with the new staff and the need to drum up some excitement to sell tickets in the fall if they will be allowed to have more than 25% capacity. I know there is also some pressure from some corporate sponsors to have it, but I don't see it at this point.

Right now, the energy is on creating a plan that will get more fans in the stadium this fall. If current vaccination trends continue at their current pace, we're still going to be looking at a significantly reduced crowd this fall.

I’d expect attendance would be reduced if there was no Covid at all. Don’t they expect donations to be reduced this month as well?

Dr. Fauci stated today that he believes that we will not have herd immunity until July and maybe not then. He is the National expert and I have known him for 35 years. You can find all sorts of false information or believes on the internet and from articles which have not been peer reviewed. However, there is no need to discuss this because nothing will be done until it happens.
See Sweden and South Dakota

VN Store

Back