Spiked TD?

Really? I knew he was close but I never saw him step out. Got a pic by any chance?
I don’t. He said on the radio that it didn’t look as clear on tv as it did from what he saw, but he said that he absolutely stepped out.

Reactions: hUTch2002
It doesn't matter if he's being hit. That appears no where in the rule book. Him being under pressure actually is one of the things required for grounding. My main point in talking about it is due to Bama fans crying they were screwed. The officials cost us 2 on that safety and then at least 4, if not 7 more on the bogus PI call. We should have been up 5 to 9 points and not had to worry about a last second FG if the officials properly do their job. Yet Bama fans would have got believe we only won because they were called for things they clearly did.
Disagree. His arm was going forward prior to contact. The official can’t assume intentional grounding if he is hit during the throwing motion. You will never see that called whether it is I the rule book or not. If he tries to throw it after he is wrapped up then yes.

A Bama player demonstratively spiked the football in the end zone following a TD catch on Saturday. Isn’t that still an unsportsmanlike penalty in college football?

BTW, I’m still recovering from what I believe will be talked about as one of the greatest college football games of this generation. My wife and I usually drive to Neyland from Missouri to see at least one game each year…Glad we chose this year’s Bama game. 😊 GBO!!!
It's a dumb penalty and should of never been one

Watching it over again I really don't think BY stepped out ont he one play. However on the very next play I still beleive he feels the heat and attempts to throw the ball away, he was hit as he pulled his arm back to throw. He was inside the tackle box and the ball didn't make it back to thhe line of scrimmage. I still feel like that should have been intentional grounding in the endzone, and should have been called a safety.

VN Store

Back