Spider-Man: Far From Home (July 2nd, 2019)

I'd be in for this...

Originally in SM: Into the Spiderverse, they were going to have small cameos of Holland, Maguire, and Garfield as their versions of SM. But they decided against it and instead they just put in shots of each of their costumes when Miles is looking through all of them.

Originally in SM: Into the Spiderverse, they were going to have small cameos of Holland, Maguire, and Garfield as their versions of SM. But they decided against it and instead they just put in shots of each of their costumes when Miles is looking through all of them.
I’d be cool with a full length Spider Man Noir animated feature. Nicholas Cage has a voice that rivals Patrick Warburton.

Who's seeing it today?

I was going to catch a matinee but something came up so now it may be next week before I get to it.

Some thoughts:

-Great movie. Disney is going a great route with Spider-Man
-The scene where Happy was watching him play around with the tech Tony Stark-style gave me the feels
-I actually really like the new MJ

Now all that being said:
-
The Mysterio “twist” could have been executed a bit better. It had a “Mandarin from Iron Man 3” feel to it. They they recovered really well though, but I really felt like the movie was about to take a nose dive at that point. Him explaining to everyone what was going on felt too much like he was talking to the audience. I cringed a bit.
-
I am EXTREMELY happy the multi-verse idea was a hoax. I was really concerned that wouldn’t fit very well in the MCU
-
The J. Jonah Jameson moment in the post-credit scenes = perfection. I LOVE that they went and got the same actor, you could hear the whole theater react to it

This was absolutely the best Spider-Man movie.

Last edited:
Caught a matinee today. I give it a 4/5.

As mentioned I really enjoyed the interaction with Happy.
J. Jonah Jameson was a surprise. Seriously he was probably my least favorite thing about the Raimi films and his over the top overacting! :(

Not sure where they are going with the big after credits scene.

Has anyone else noticed that Disney/Marvel is cutting a lot of stuff that's in trailers?

The cut the scene in the trailer where Peter is going to get his passport and a few others I noticed like the part where he asks Fury if Ned will be alright and he said "roll him over so he doesn't swallow his tongue."

Last edited:
I didn't post any spoilers. I didn't say who is playing who and about the cuts that's been in the trailers.

Before you changed it, you actually did.

JJJ was a post-credits reveal and up until that moment, he hadn't been mentioned in the MCU. So you had spoiled the reveal of the character

Before you changed it, you actually did.

JJJ was a post-credits reveal and up until that moment, he hadn't been mentioned in the MCU. So you had spoiled the reveal of the character
Most everyone was expecting the character to debut in this film.

Loved every second of it. Holland is hands down the best Spider-Man. This one is now my favorite with Homecoming a close 2nd. Honestly Spider-Man and The Guardians of the Galaxy have always been my favorite, so I'm super excited that both will keep going after the end of The Avengers.

Pretty sure bald dude helping Mysterio is kid from Christmas story.

And that is damn cool!

VN Store

Back