Space Exploration

Are NASA's future missions and budget justified?

• It's worth the time and expenditures

Votes: 213 66.1%
  • Complete waste of money

Votes: 40 12.4%
  • We need to explore, but not at the current cost

Votes: 69 21.4%

• Total voters
Seems like they started the flip a little earlier this time and slowed with a little less G force.

I'm glad they got this one down, though the fire at the end will be something they need to work on.

It's been a month or so since I read it but if I remember correctly beginning with SN15 it had major upgrades over the previous test articles. If it and SN16 preformed as planned they may skip over SN17-19 to SN20 which would have even more upgrades including being the first orbital model.

It's been a month or so since I read it but if I remember correctly beginning with SN15 it had major upgrades over the previous test articles. If it and SN16 preformed as planned they may skip over SN17-19 to SN20 which would have even more upgrades including being the first orbital model.

That is my understanding as well. Given that they are building sections of the launch tower in parallel they may actually have the Orbital launch pad ready for a July attempt at orbital flight.

That is my understanding as well. Given that they are building sections of the launch tower in parallel they may actually have the Orbital launch pad ready for a July attempt at orbital flight.

Landing the Starship is impressive...

But I can't wait to watch the booster land.

SpaceX launched another 60 Starlink satellites this morning.

Resulting in another successful landing of a Falcon 9 booster this one for the 10th time starting with it's first launch which was Crew Dragon Demo-1 in March 2019. It's SpaceX 83rd overall landing.

Reactions: twoffo
Is Boeing the current contract holder on this?

Which part? The SLS has heavy Boeing involvement.

The Senator that is making this demand is from Washington which is home to Bezos and Boeing.

More appalling was the "we need to out innovate the Chinese!" comment. As if SpaceX isn't doing that handily by themselves.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Which part? The SLS has heavy Boeing involvement.

The Senator that is making this demand is from Washington which is home to Bezos and Boeing.

More appalling was the "we need to out innovate the Chinese!" comment. As if SpaceX isn't doing that handily by themselves.
Yeah the SLS. I figured the testing in perpetuity was a blank check for someone. And that sounds like Boeing.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol

VN Store

Back