Space Exploration

Are NASA's future missions and budget justified?

• It's worth the time and expenditures

Votes: 213 66.1%
  • Complete waste of money

Votes: 40 12.4%
  • We need to explore, but not at the current cost

Votes: 69 21.4%

• Total voters

I've often thought companies like FedEx, UPS and DHL were waiting to see if Starship was going to work before exploring that realm of cargo shipping. I mean, it obviously wouldn't be cheap up front, but if the price per launch started decreasing like Elon forecasted, such a chartered mission would be viable.

Imagine getting something ordered from another continent and receiving it two hours later...

I've often thought companies like FedEx, UPS and DHL were waiting to see if Starship was going to work before exploring that realm of cargo shipping. I mean, it obviously wouldn't be cheap up front, but if the price per launch started decreasing like Elon forecasted, such a chartered mission would be viable.

Imagine getting something ordered from another continent and receiving it two hours later...

Given the requirements for this military research and the Artemis Moon cargo missions I would expect (hope?) we will start seeing some info on the cargo handling system for Starship in the near future.

It would make sense for it to be containerized in some fashion, both for processing and for predictability in flight.

Musk is big on First Principles so it will be interesting to see how they approach this. Could be more than just how much equipment can you fit in this space.

VN Store

Back