Space Exploration

Are NASA's future missions and budget justified?

• It's worth the time and expenditures

Votes: 214 66.3%
  • Complete waste of money

Votes: 40 12.4%
  • We need to explore, but not at the current cost

Votes: 69 21.4%

• Total voters
One thing about these ultra heavy lift craft people are coming up with (especially Starship) is the internal dimensions.

Provided, the JWST is due to (hopefully) launch this year and make Hubble obsolete, an attempt should be made for either a service mission and reboost to a better orbit or figure out how to get it back to Earth and placed in like the Smithsonian. It still has scientific value, but even more value as a national treasure.

I don't know about the EVA capabilities of Crew Dragon, but I believe the money spent to try to save Hubbke would be worth the cost.

"Notably, the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee did not invite SpaceX or Musk to testify at the "Starships and Stripes Forever" hearing, committee communications director Kerry Arndt confirmed to CNBC. That meant no SpaceX representatives were on hand to answer questions about the recent scrutiny – as well as other hearing topics, since the company launches more FAA-licensed missions than any other U.S. entity.

Instead, the hearing featured one of SpaceX's biggest competitors – United Launch Alliance, the rocket-building joint venture of Boeing and Lockheed Martin – and space tourism company Virgin Galactic."

If they need volunteers to go to Mars or even further, I'm available. Space would be a welcome distraction from all the politics....

"Notably, the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee did not invite SpaceX or Musk to testify at the "Starships and Stripes Forever" hearing, committee communications director Kerry Arndt confirmed to CNBC. That meant no SpaceX representatives were on hand to answer questions about the recent scrutiny – as well as other hearing topics, since the company launches more FAA-licensed missions than any other U.S. entity.

Instead, the hearing featured one of SpaceX's biggest competitors – United Launch Alliance, the rocket-building joint venture of Boeing and Lockheed Martin – and space tourism company Virgin Galactic."

Right to defend themselves and face their accusers and all that.

Yes I know it's not actual court.

Right to defend themselves and face their accusers and all that.

Yes I know it's not actual court.
What got me was the entire hearing was titled "Starships and Stripes Forever"!

The hearing was named after a SpaceX rocket and yet they weren't invited.

And the fact it says "the company launches more FAA-licensed missions than any other U.S. entity." Not to mention its the only private US company that has launched US Astronauts and yet they weren't invited. That's unbelievable IMO.

Like I said in January this administration has deep ties to Bezos and Boeing.

Reactions: LouderVol

VN Store

Back