Source of thrown items?

Can anyone who was at the game tell me some specifics about where the thrown things came from? Was this mostly a student action or was it coming from all over the stadium? Was it people behind the OM bench only? ALSO: were the Ole Miss fans throwing things? Did the band/cheerleaders leave the stadium because of thrown items from our fans, or from OM fans? Did a lot of OM fans throw things or way less than the UT fans?

Those who were there in Neyland and did not watch it on TV, please relate your experience. Thank you.
The latest Nick Saban/Aflac commercial discusses injuries received from flying mustard bottles.

I sit on the visiting side, a section over from the student section. While yes, you had a meandering item being thrown here and there from fans. 95% if not more, was coming from the student section. The police cleared most of the students out, game resumed.

Unlike all the people In this thread who couldn't resist making jokes, this is actually what I was looking for. Thank you.

The wife and I got two tix from a friend in Loretto that’s a season holder which happens to be in “F” section up high row 55. Believe me if throwing a truck would have solved anything, @ one point in life I may have myself but throwing things didn’t solve zip. Most came from higher up, I assume alcohol / anger induced and possibly students but I don’t know that. Some more from the end zone from other folks. What bothered me though was that most were making it down far enough to land on innocent folks in lower seats, the band area and our cheer squad. That was pitiful. I understand anger, I had plenty of it but what was done accomplished nothing. We have found our Coach I think and we have great kids playing. We need more depth and we as fans need to evaluate our respect factor a little more because we lost a lot last night. UT has been battling the refs calling against us since I started following the VOLS 45 years ago and I don’t see it changing anytime soon. I Love the fans, I love my VOLS and will continue to BLEED ORANGE but I was quite embarrassed over that needless tantrum last night. GO VOLS !!
Thanks. Good post.

Golf balls, yes. I’m going to give the mustard thrower the benefit of the doubt and assume they just really like mustard and found themselves in the moment.

I think he wanted honey Dijon and not that crap, and was trying to make known his concession frustrations. After repeatedly getting the wrong mustard, enough was enough, add in the fact that the wiener wasn’t bun length and it was all over, the bottle went sailing.

While I don’t condone the throwing of mustard, have the think the perp and their crew are getting big laughs out of the press this is getting. Play their cards right and there may be a French’s NIL deal in there.

Reactions: S.C. OrangeMan
As has already been stated, 95% came from the student section. Sure, there was some stuff being thrown from other sections, but it was primarily students. I can't comment on the Ole Miss fans throwing stuff; we were on the opposite side of the stadium. I can comment on the Ole Miss players egging it on and their coaches doing nothing to police that situation. Every time things would start to calm down, Ole Miss players would start acting like their head coach and prompt some more objects to come raining down.

Also, a question that deserves to be contemplated: Why did it go on for so long? This continued for 15-20 minutes, yet there weren't more than a couple hundred pieces of trash on the field when all was said and done. Why did it take so long to throw a relatively small number of bottles and beer cans? And the reason is, it was a relatively small number of people doing the tossing. There were literally people throwing stuff, then running back and finding more stuff, and then getting close enough to throw it too.

It wasn't a proud moment for UT or UT fans, but perspective is everything. It looked/sounded way worse than it actually was.

The worst part was fans (again, mostly students) pelting Kiffin with stuff as he left the field. That's pathetic. I think he's a big of a badword as anybody, but you just don't do that.

It was about 20-30 water bottles, beer cans, and similar objects from the student sections and about 10 more from the north and west side combined. It wasn’t as bad as portrayed when I watched the tv replay
It was pretty bad, considering 75% of the items thrown didn’t make it to the field and instead hit other fans 🤣

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
As has already been stated, 95% came from the student section. Sure, there was some stuff being thrown from other sections, but it was primarily students. I can't comment on the Ole Miss fans throwing stuff; we were on the opposite side of the stadium. I can comment on the Ole Miss players egging it on and their coaches doing nothing to police that situation. Every time things would start to calm down, Ole Miss players would start acting like their head coach and prompt some more objects to come raining down.

Also, a question that deserves to be contemplated: Why did it go on for so long? This continued for 15-20 minutes, yet there weren't more than a couple hundred pieces of trash on the field when all was said and done. Why did it take so long to throw a relatively small number of bottles and beer cans? And the reason is, it was a relatively small number of people doing the tossing. There were literally people throwing stuff, then running back and finding more stuff, and then getting close enough to throw it too.

It wasn't a proud moment for UT or UT fans, but perspective is everything. It looked/sounded way worse than it actually was.

The worst part was fans (again, mostly students) pelting Kiffin with stuff as he left the field. That's pathetic. I think he's a big of a badword as anybody, but you just don't do that.

I was right above the Ole Miss section, and tbh I didn’t see them throw anything. But of course, they didn’t really have a reason to.

I was right above the Ole Miss section, and tbh I didn’t see them throw anything. But of course, they didn’t really have a reason to.

I think the allegations are that the Ole Miss fans in Sections GG and HH were throwing stuff after the 4th down spot wasn't overturned. I agree, the field-level Ole Miss fans weren't throwing anything ... as you said, there was no reason to.

I think the allegations are that the Ole Miss fans in Sections GG and HH were throwing stuff after the 4th down spot wasn't overturned. I agree, the field-level Ole Miss fans weren't throwing anything ... as you said, there was no reason to.
Even if allegations are made towards Ole Miss fans, they’ll just claim the couldn’t have done so as they were cramping up during that time.

The sad reality is most of what I saw being thrown was from the upper rows and were just landing on those fans closer to the field. A bunch of drunk “high school glory days” idiots just pelting their fellow fans was what it was.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
While I don't condone throwing any items on the field Kiffin, the Ole Miss bench along with their band and fans kinda egged it on after the first few items started to be thrown. The fans frustrations with the terrible calls finally came to a boiling point after the Warren reception wasn't called a first down. I would say 90% of the stuff being thrown was def students.

VN Store

Back