Source of thrown items?

Can anyone who was at the game tell me some specifics about where the thrown things came from? Was this mostly a student action or was it coming from all over the stadium? Was it people behind the OM bench only? ALSO: were the Ole Miss fans throwing things? Did the band/cheerleaders leave the stadium because of thrown items from our fans, or from OM fans? Did a lot of OM fans throw things or way less than the UT fans?

Those who were there in Neyland and did not watch it on TV, please relate your experience. Thank you.

Can anyone who was at the game tell me some specifics about where the thrown things came from? Was this mostly a student action or was it coming from all over the stadium? Was it people behind the OM bench only? ALSO: were the Ole Miss fans throwing things? Did the band/cheerleaders leave the stadium because of thrown items from our fans, or from OM fans? Did a lot of OM fans throw things or way less than the UT fans?

Those who were there in Neyland and did not watch it on TV, please relate your experience. Thank you.

Yeah. They came from upper and lower sections of Neyland Stadium...

It was about 20-30 water bottles, beer cans, and similar objects from the student sections and about 10 more from the north and west side combined. It wasn’t as bad as portrayed when I watched the tv replay

Your question intrigues me. At one point, an announcer asked, "When will they run out of ammunition?" So I too began to wonder, where are they getting all that stuff?

Most of it came from the grassy knoll.
The Golf ball definitely did come from the Grassy Knoll or maybe it came from the Ole Miss bench.... I think Kiffin played Golf in Knoxville prior to the Game and stuck a range ball in his pocket as a prop....LOL Always the Victim

I think it was UMiss fans trying to make their UT counterparts look like a bunch of crude, backward, hillbilly imbeciles

if you're bringing golf balls and mustard bottles to a football game you've already decided you're throwing stuff

Not necessarily.
proxy-image

If it turns out to be primarily the student section, I hope they don't move the team to the east side again. UT needs to always be on the west side of neyland stadium. Do whatever is necessary but moving the team is off the table. JMO.

The wife and I got two tix from a friend in Loretto that’s a season holder which happens to be in “F” section up high row 55. Believe me if throwing a truck would have solved anything, @ one point in life I may have myself but throwing things didn’t solve zip. Most came from higher up, I assume alcohol / anger induced and possibly students but I don’t know that. Some more from the end zone from other folks. What bothered me though was that most were making it down far enough to land on innocent folks in lower seats, the band area and our cheer squad. That was pitiful. I understand anger, I had plenty of it but what was done accomplished nothing. We have found our Coach I think and we have great kids playing. We need more depth and we as fans need to evaluate our respect factor a little more because we lost a lot last night. UT has been battling the refs calling against us since I started following the VOLS 45 years ago and I don’t see it changing anytime soon. I Love the fans, I love my VOLS and will continue to BLEED ORANGE but I was quite embarrassed over that needless tantrum last night. GO VOLS !!

I sit on the visiting side, a section over from the student section. While yes, you had a meandering item being thrown here and there from fans. 95% if not more, was coming from the student section. The police cleared most of the students out, game resumed.

It was about 20-30 water bottles, beer cans, and similar objects from the student sections and about 10 more from the north and west side combined. It wasn’t as bad as portrayed when I watched the tv replay
85% was from the student section. I was in section V, behind the Vols bench. I would say 10-20 items were thrown from our side, but it all began with the student section. Other various drunk idiots throughout then joined in.

I would suspect 1 game without beer sales and banning most students (VTech is doing this for a game) is coming.

VN Store

Back