Sour Grapes and Low Character?

To me, it seems like a-lot to do about nothing. He wants to get picked up by another program and this is the only college film he has to put out there. I’m no coach but I didn’t see anything “leaked” there that would be giving away anything of substance to opposing teams.

Hope the kid lands somewhere and is happy....our coaches evaluated him and didn't see him competing for playing time...maybe they were wrong but that doesn't matter - they are in charge....my guess is he'll do well at a smaller school...

Reactions: Gandalf
I wouldn't want a traitor who doubles as a spy, and has no sense of dignity. If you're going, go, no need to stab people in the back. JGTHOH
Is a Vols player in the transfer portal trying to send a strong message to Josh Heupel and Tennessee?

I see a school like UNC Charlotte (just a random small school) in his future. That is, if he can explain how anyone can trust him as a teammate or player. He is the kind of player that should have left, moved on, and been quiet.

I wouldn't want a traitor who doubles as a spy, and has no sense of dignity. If you're going, go, no need to stab people in the back. JGTHOH
Is a Vols player in the transfer portal trying to send a strong message to Josh Heupel and Tennessee?

Did the author of this piece reach out and ask anyone if Willis had permission to use the footage? Seems like really flimsy evidence to go assail a young man’s character.

If the writer has no facts to back up the insinuation, he’s the one with low character.

It’s interesting bc I could see Tennessee putting a highlight package together for him to help him find a home. Idk if the kid truly stole the vids or not but he was doing nothing here.

Reactions: davethevol
I think the message sent was the one from Coach Heupel. That message was that if you want to play for the University of Tennessee, you must meet certain standards which have been set for our team. If you are willing play with the attitude we are establishing for the team you have the ability to contribute to its success If you can not play with the correct attitude, you do not have a position of our team. Apparently, he chose to go his own way and that is his choice. In my opinion, he is better off somewhere else and so is our football team.

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
Nothing “leaked” is giving away top secret info. If I’m a coach evaluating Willis I’d ask why there was not footage of him in pass coverage. I’d assume it is not good and that’s why he didn’t get on the field.

He needs to go to lower level competition. Clearly he was only here because they needed bodies to make the class look better.
i just looked and he had a very impressive offer list. no idea what happened but tennessee wasn't the only team to think he was the real deal.

He will be playing his last 3 years in 1-AA. Him doing what he done proves that another coach won’t be able to trust him. No coach will pick this kid up knowing if they make him mad, or he don’t get his way they have to worry about stuff like this getting out. I hope no one picks this athlete up and he tries to come back snd Hueple and company say no.

Forrest Gump's mother would certainly have something to say about this.

VN Store

Back