Irrational Rick Barnes takes (merged)

It’s not smart to believe that player development comes from somewhere other than workouts. Experience and development are separate things.
Hopefully BHH is strong mentally. If not, he’ll be in the portal like every other great big man CRB has recruited. ( Walker and Burns could really help this team)

Pardon my ignorance but does a show cause just apply to ncaa institutions. tyndal got 10 years and he's back coaching at Chipola.

A show cause is NCAA only. You can actually hire a coach with a show cause. It just means a ton of compliance and paperwork. You have to go before the NCAA every 6 months and show them that the coach is following the rules. Rob Senderoff got a 30 month show cause during the Kelvin Sampson stuff at Indiana and was hired by Kent State immediately, and soon promoted to head coach.

Pearl is a cheater. However, he is a better coach than Barnes all day long. Just the way it is. I am happy with Barnes as the coach. Tennessee could do a whole lot worse and has.
Maybe he is. I just don't know why the measure of success has to be what Pearl is doing. Why is he the constant benchmark? As good of a coach as he is, he is an equally measured piece of crap person. Barnes has never embarrassed our university or torpedoed our program, even if he is arguably a slightly lesser coach. I'm fine with that.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Maybe he is. I just don't know why the measure of success has to be what Pearl is doing. Why is he the constant benchmark? As good of a coach as he is, he is an equally measured piece of crap person. Barnes has never embarrassed our university or torpedoed our program, even if he is arguably a slightly lesser coach. I'm fine with that.
“ slightly lesser “? Barnes isn’t in the same league with Pearl. Look at their head to head. Pearl even beat Barnes when he had Kevin Durant

Reactions: LibertyVol
I am fine with Barnes as coach. I think I said that.

VN Store

Back