Sopranos!!!

I couldn't make it through the last season. I was so frustrated with the characters' inability to learn that I wanted to knock their heads together. It got to the point that it was almost depressing. There was some really good stuff at times, though, so it's kind of a shame.
I recently just finished the Sopranos for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I got through the last season and it was my least favorite, but with that said I still think the show finished strong. It could have been much worse. Just look at shows like Game of Thrones and Dexter. They were top notch and then ended terribly.

What I didn't get about the last season was that Tony's voice changes drastically. I'm not talking about when he went into a coma and he was "Kevin Finnerty" that was actually James Gandolfini's real voice. He had a really noticeable lisp and his accent didn't sound natural at all.

Season's 1, 2, & 3 were my favorite and it's when I thought the show was at it's best. I thought there was a slow decline after that. I'm not saying the show took a Dexter decline, I just think that the first few seasons were better than the last ones. I think Breaking Bad had the best finale season and the best series finale ever! The ending was way better than the Sopranos imo, and light-years better than GoT's ending.

I recently just finished the Sopranos for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I got through the last season and it was my least favorite, but with that said I still think the show finished strong. It could have been much worse. Just look at shows like Game of Thrones and Dexter. They were top notch and then ended terribly.

What I didn't get about the last season was that Tony's voice changes drastically. I'm not talking about when he went into a coma and he was "Kevin Finnerty" that was actually James Gandolfini's real voice. He had a really noticeable lisp and his accent didn't sound natural at all.

Season's 1, 2, & 3 were my favorite and it's when I thought the show was at it's best. I thought there was a slow decline after that. I'm not saying the show took a Dexter decline, I just think that the first few seasons were better than the last ones. I think Breaking Bad had the best finale season and the best series finale ever! The ending was way better than the Sopranos imo, and light-years better than GoT's ending.

Same. For me, it’s 2, 5, 1, 3, 4, 6 as far as preference. However, I do think 4 is a little underrated. Ralphie’s death, ripping off HUD, Tony and Carmela’s epic fight in the finale, Tony’s dad’s mistress. I like that season.

And also, I agree, Breaking Bad has the best finale and ending. I just finished it actually and it was mind blowing. However, I did enjoy more moments in Sopranos overall, which is why it’s still number 1 for me. I didn’t really get into Breaking Bad until season 4.

Season 6 is different but I like it. I think the changes are due to Tony becoming more paranoid and realizing that the gig is up, that one way or another he's done via bullet or prison. He had several people working against him either with the FBI or the Lupartazzi's, there was just a sense of impending doom.

I couldn't make it through the last season. I was so frustrated with the characters' inability to learn that I wanted to knock their heads together. It got to the point that it was almost depressing. There was some really good stuff at times, though, so it's kind of a shame.

One of the biggest themes of the show is that almost all of the characters are flawed, terrible people. You're supposed to be frustrated with them.

Sopranos and Game of Thrones will probably always be tops for me. There are some really good series out there, but these are both just top notch.

Somehow I've missed over the years is how much of a sad try-hard Jackie Jr is. Every time I find something else to pick up on.

VN Store

Back