Sopranos!!!

After a 2nd viewing, I loved the finale. "Don't Stop Believing" is the best use of music in any show or film ever.

For you all who know all the lyrics like I do, go read them now to refresh and apply those lyrics to T's world.

For you all who know all the lyrics like I do, go read them now to refresh and apply those lyrics to T's world.

[FONT='Times New Roman', serif]Just a small town girl, livin in a lonely world
She took the midnight train goin anywhere
Just a city boy, born and raised in south detroit
He took the midnight train goin anywhere

A singer in a smokey room
A smell of wine and cheap perfume
For a smile they can share the night
It goes on and on and on and on

Strangers waiting, up and down the boulevard
Their shadows searching in the night
Streetlight people, living just to find emotion
Hiding, somewhere in the night

Working hard to get my fill,
Everybody wants a thrill
Payin anything to roll the dice,
Just one more time
Some will win, some will lose
Some were born to sing the blues
Oh, the movie never ends
It goes on and on and on and on

(chorus)

Dont stop believin
Hold on to the feelin
Streetlight people
[/FONT]

At first, I thought my satellite was screwing up. Looks like Tony and the family lives on. The ending definitely wasn't something that is appealing to viewers.. but it'll help 'em to tune in if there is a next season or movie.

I can't believe how much play the show is getting on SportsCenter of all shows. :lol:

Not just today either, they talked about it a bit on Friday, too.

One theory I like, kind of, is that the screen going to abrupt black was Tony being shot in the head. I don't buy it because who would want him whacked?

I like the idea, but I don't think so.

.......Who else would want Tony whacked?

How much time ya got? The guy he "curb stomped" last week, the degenerate gambler that gave Tony the yellow Xterra in the first place, the arab's, one of his dead captains' family members, maybe the FBI, it could've been a set up the whole time by Agent Harris to gain T's trust and take out the heads of organized crime in New Jersey and New York at the same time. Maybe Adriana's mother.... Chris' wife could've found out there were some irregularities in Chris' death and conspiried with some other like minded individuals.

Tony has F'ed up alot of people in the past eight years.

NEW YORK - Tony Soprano carries on.

The much-awaited conclusion of HBO's "The Sopranos" arrived Sunday night in a frenzy of audience speculation over the fate of New Jersey mob boss Tony Soprano: Would he live or be killed? Would his family die before his eyes at the hands of his enemies? Would he go to jail? Be forced to enter witness protection?

And what of his vindictive rival, Phil Leotardo? Would the Brooklyn boss, who had ordered a hit on Tony, prevail?

In the end, the only ending that mattered was the one masterminded by "Sopranos" creator David Chase. And playing against viewer expectation, as always, Chase refused to stage a mass extermination, or put the characters through any major transformation, or even provide his viewers with comfortable closure.

The most decisive development: Phil was crushed. But there were few other tidy resolutions.

This much-anticipated farewell, the series' 86th episode, was brilliant. But it was also perversely non-earthshaking _ just one last visit with the characters we have followed so devoutly since 1999.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
I like how you copied that as well. :)

random thoughts:

i wasn't around for the show (aka old enough to remember it), but could last night be something similar to the whole "who shot JR" and Dallas deal?

by that i mean, could we still be talking years from now about what really happend to Tony Soprano.

the more i think about it, the more i love the ending.

i hope HBO, and i think they will, offers the whole series as one DVD collection, similar to what they did with Sex and the City.

i hope HBO, and i think they will, offers the whole series as one DVD collection, similar to what they did with Sex and the City.
They will... I'm expecting a $399.99 price tag.

Someone told me that the lyrics of the song describe alot of meaning.
Yes, that usually tends to be the case. I think.

headexplode.jpg

I know nothing is certain, but in the flashback scene in the second to last episode, Bobby asks Tony what he thinks happens when we die, to which Tony replies "Nothing, it just goes black" (or something to that effect). I think he may very well have died at the end.

Just my two cents.

It certainly has created alot of dialog. Love how Tony could not shut up about his mother when talking to AJ's therapist. And the looks from Carmela. Every married man here knows that look.

It certainly has created alot of dialog. Love how Tony could not shut up about his mother when talking to AJ's therapist. And the looks from Carmela. Every married man here knows that look.
you know, when that happened, i was rolling my eyes too........:p

VN Store

Back