Something for perspective

pimo1

#orangefont always implied
With a win, the Vols will win eight regular-season games for the second consecutive season for the first time since 2015 and 2016. Additionally, Heupel is looking to become the first Tennessee head coach to have two eight win seasons in his first three years as head coach since Phillip Fulmer.
Quoted from RTI.com article

It seems like a lot of fan bases ours sometimes has some really outlandish expectations as a minimum. Not Since filmer there have only been 2 back to back seasons of 8 or more wins...let that sink in. He had 12 back to back and only 2 seasons of less than 8. In the SEC.

Thus far what CJH has done is very impressive when put in context. This years team is a very good example of it. Right now because of those that came before him this team has no middle. This whole team is freshmen and 12th year seniors. There are very few sophomores and juniors that aren't transfers. In fact squirrel and Pearce. Thats the only middle classmen contributors on this team. Everyone else is a freshman, senior or transfer. But this staff has shown they can develop players at every position.

I think the future is bright. We just gotta beat the breaks off vandy and whoever we end up playing in the Citrus bowl. Just seems like this is a citrus kinda year and we haven't been in a while.

It seems like a lot of fan bases ours sometimes has some really outlandish expectations as a minimum. Not Since filmer there have only been 2 back to back seasons of 8 or more wins...let that sink in. He had 12 back to back and only 2 seasons of less than 8. In the SEC.

Thus far what CJH has done is very impressive when put in context. This years team is a very good example of it. Right now because of those that came before him this team has no middle. This whole team is freshmen and 12th year seniors. There are very few sophomores and juniors that aren't transfers. In fact squirrel and Pearce. Thats the only middle classmen contributors on this team. Everyone else is a freshman, senior or transfer. But this staff has shown they can develop players at every position.

I think the future is bright. We just gotta beat the breaks off vandy and whoever we end up playing in the Citrus bowl. Just seems like this is a citrus kinda year and we haven't been in a while.
Tennessee isn’t going to the Citrus Bowl. That’ll be either Ole Miss or Missouri, depending on the outcome of the Mizzou-Ark game that’s about to kick off.

Also I think the style of play in 2023 looked eerily similar to fans to he struggling ineffective offenses Pruitt produced particularly following seasons of watching Hendon Hooker's exciting play. It is no reason to panic or get down on the program as these things happen. With Nico and Merklinger - Heupel now has 2 young stud quarterbacks that can play. Serious fans realize the loss of 2 recruiting classes and the drop-off in qb quality which led to the offensive ineptitude in 2023. It will help optimism and NIL to have Nico play in the remaining 2023 games most definitely.

Reactions: volroadwarrior
Also I think the style of play in 2023 looked eerily similar to fans to he struggling ineffective offenses Pruitt produced particularly following seasons of watching Hendon Hooker's exciting play. It is no reason to panic or get down on the program as these things happen. With Nico and Merklinger - Heupel now has 2 young stud quarterbacks that can play. Serious fans realize the loss of 2 recruiting classes and the drop-off in qb quality which led to the offensive ineptitude in 2023. It will help optimism and NIL to have Nico play in the remaining 2023 games most definitely.
I'm not sure what the evidence is that Nico or Merklinger can play great in the SEC.

"I'm not sure what the evidence is that Nico or Merklinger can play great in the SEC."

Well you have a point, I guess.... There is some evidence but it may be circumstantial. Fans will pay to watch and find out.

"I'm not sure what the evidence is that Nico or Merklinger can play great in the SEC."

Well you have a point, I guess.... There is some evidence but it may be circumstantial. Fans will pay to watch and find out.

I couldn’t find Hendon Hooker on that website. I did see JT Shrout and Brian Mauer! Looks like UT is going to be just fine going into 2020!

Let’s pat ourselves on the back for hitting the standards of the worst 15 year period in our 130 year history. Well done. Participation trophies for everyone!

Yup. If not for that loss, we would have a really good shot at another double digit win season.

That loss was, once again, inexcusable.
That loss set the table what our record was going to be against the good teams.

But…but…but we didn’t go undefeated and win a natty!!

I'm not sure what the evidence is that Nico or Merklinger can play great in the SEC.
Right now no one is certain. I hope he'll turn out to be very good, but anyone expecting him to tear this league up next year is delusional. It's going to take time for the game to slow. I also question the talent or lack thereof surrounding him. Barring a whale of a year in the portal, it will be a year of moments and glimpses of what Nico might become. It will be bumpy at times. 7-8 wins would be great.

Would you rather have TN’s record and play in the SEC

or Iowa’s record in their conference (which is better than ours) but be absolutely abysmal to watch

VN Store

Back