Something feels off

TIFWIW, Dave Hooker claims to "know" that an "altercation" took place involving J Banks over NIL $. He went on to say defense was upset about J Banks not traveling, and wouldn't implement T Banks' scheme. He claimed to know this for a fact, and claimed he's not speculating.
Again, take it for what it's worth. Dont 🔥 me for reporting it.
What? Doesn’t sound likely. Terms for getting booted. Players don’t want to be associated with quitting, that could damage their future as players. The only way I see this as being true is if they are all scared of getting shot by JB.

If that’s the case, then these guys pissed away a once in a lifetime chance to play for a National Championship. That’s pretty freaking low if you ask me. I’m not there but damn.

We have a winner. That is why I have been so agitated and disappointed since the loss. I knew Saturday morning Banks wasn’t playing and then found out why later on. I didn’t give it much thought as “it was South Carolina.” I could tell after the first quarter that there was something happened. Then you have people in the stands behind the VOL bench state the body language was poor. I wasn’t there so….

So watch TCU or USC lose this Sat or the conf championship. The TN team will only have itself to blame.
And I keep asking myself, “why do I care as much as I do?” That’s on me so…..

TIFWIW, Dave Hooker claims to "know" that an "altercation" took place involving J Banks over NIL $. He went on to say defense was upset about J Banks not traveling, and wouldn't implement T Banks' scheme. He claimed to know this for a fact, and claimed he's not speculating.
It’s also been reported that team was in agreement to not have banks travel

Not trying to discount SC, but how much can you improve in a week? They didn’t even manage a single offensive TD the week prior and have been anemic all year. Then they score TDs on their first 5 possessions. Plus their defense solves the Heupel machine in a snap. Not buying it.
The improvement has to be in our team's attitude. Their attitude last Saturday lost the game for us. If we don't play with a different attitude, we lose to Vandy. That is on the players.

We have a winner. That is why I have been so agitated and disappointed since the loss. I knew Saturday morning Banks wasn’t playing and then found out why later on. I didn’t give it much thought as “it was South Carolina.” I could tell after the first quarter that there was something happened. Then you have people in the stands behind the VOL bench state the body language was poor. I wasn’t there so….

So watch TCU or USC lose this Sat or the conf championship. The TN team will only have itself to blame.
And I keep asking myself, “why do I care as much as I do?” That’s on me so…..
The defensive scheme, Tim Banks, Man Vs Zone, poor tackling, missed assignments are all symptoms, not the sickness. The sickness was not playing with any desire. If you re-watch the game notice how blockers jump back when Small was being tackled. They didn’t want any part of being in the tackle.
Notice how after a blown coverage the DB or Corner just sorta shrugs as if to say chit happens. No emotion shown after just getting toasted. Notice how guys stand there waiting for the runner to get to them instead of them taking the fight to the runner. I can go on and on but you get my jist. It just seems like the majority of (not everyone) just didn’t give two chits what happened. With all that was on the line it’s just hard to believe guys wouldn’t show up and show out.

Banks is a thug. You have to have some thugs on your team or you lose. Tim Banks defense does not have a tough mindset. I don't care what scheme he's running. They're passive and give up too much space in front of them. What's the worst that can happen? They score 70 on you? I mean they got 63?

The improvement has to be in our team's attitude. Their attitude last Saturday lost the game for us. If we don't play with a different attitude, we lose to Vandy. That is on the players.
Attitude? They (the defense) intentionally threw the game. How are you going to fix that attitude? The players used the game to deal with their internal squabbles and literally derailed their playoff hopes. The fact is we’ve had two teams all along. An offensive team that Heupel is in total control of, and a defensive team, which Heupel has left unattended. It’s now bit him squarely in the ass.

Attitude? They (the defense) intentionally threw the game. How are you going to fix that attitude? The players used the game to deal with their internal squabbles and literally derailed their playoff hopes. The fact is we’ve had two teams all along. An offensive team that Heupel is in total control of, and a defensive team, which Heupel has left unattended. It’s now bit him squarely in the ass.
You don't think that is a bad attitude? How much worse of an attitude could it be?

I have torn both ACLs, and had both repaired. When you tear an ACL, you can often carry on as if not injured, particularly if you learn how to protect the knee by not subjecting it to too many sudden twists. Its possible Hooker had a partial tear and then it just went completely last night.

He looked a bit gimpy at one point vs bama and I think he even went into the tent a bit, maybe. Anyway, given the way his knee went, without contact, it almost certainly was based on a season's worth of wear and tear. ACLs are funny. Hurt like hell for the first couple minutes and then just an ache after that. Can fool you into thinking you are okay.
Agree. I tore mine 40 years ago and it hurt when I did it but the pain went away pretty quickly since I didn’t damage anything else. Just ached some but thought I was OK and could walk fine. Tried to jog on it again later that week though and it felt really loose. Finally went to the Ortho and sure enough the ACL was torn completely. In hindsight I probably should have known something was off since I felt it pop when I did it. The ignorance of youth. We think we are indestructible when we are young.

Agree. I tore mine 40 years ago and it hurt when I did it but the pain went away pretty quickly since I didn’t damage anything else. Just ached some but thought I was OK and could walk fine. Tried to jog on it again later that week though and it felt really loose. Finally went to the Ortho and sure enough the ACL was torn completely. In hindsight I probably should have known something was off since I felt it pop when I did it. The ignorance of youth. We think we are indestructible when we are young.

Yep! I made the same mistake. Fortunately I had an excellent surgeon.

Not trying to discount SC, but how much can you improve in a week? They didn’t even manage a single offensive TD the week prior and have been anemic all year. Then they score TDs on their first 5 possessions. Plus their defense solves the Heupel machine in a snap. Not buying it.

Fla got pressure on the qb, we didnt

Any source for this?

Didn't know Dave Hooker was still around. It's funny to me how anytime after a bad loss, the stories of "locker room drama" start coming out of the woodwork from the local media and message boards. Not even two weeks ago everyone was singing the praises of these coaches and the job the team has done and how we were destined for the playoff rematch against Georgia in a neutral site game with a great chance to win it. Now the coaches suck, deserve to be fired, and can't control the locker room.

Last edited:

Don't know about that part.......but the rest of it............;)

People can claim anything. Usually an alterior motive behind it though

If that’s the case, then these guys pissed away a once in a lifetime chance to play for a National Championship. That’s pretty freaking low if you ask me. I’m not there but damn.
Don’t believe everything you read... there’s other people with sources saying this is completely false

Like the 1919 White Sox. If the defense mailed it in, it was only some of the players- the secondary.

Beasley, along with the DL, played a pretty decent game. Not perfect, for sure, but acceptable.
The thought cross my mind about the secondary selling out and betting on the game. I mean a 22 point favorite and we lose by 25… if so it would ruin our school.

VN Store

Back