Someone on Rivals said it best

With the hiring of Pittman, it shows that no one knows what's going on in UT's hiring process anymore. Why people continue to try and guess and make themselves look like fools (especially the Knoxville media) is mind-boggling.

were not supposed to know its more fun watch all the neg-a-vols spit and sputter their BS

:clapping::good!::salute::thumbsup::whistling::yes::lolabove::dance2::rock::eek:lol:

Reactions: 1 person
I don't know who the heck we get as DC, but Sam Pittman seems to be a great coach based on being named a dual HC at UNC for a bit and a name recruiter. He's developed some talented kids...if Dooley bombs next year then at least he's trying to get some legit replacements. It seems like he'll be an upgrade over HH.

Isn't AHC just like passing game coordinator? Just a baseless title to justify a raise?...him being a good recruiter is more important than the title he held at UNC. IMO.

:crazy: I don't get the people on here who always find the negatives in every hire that is announced or confirmed. He's a top 25 recruiter and has coached some statistically great offensive lines. At least when he's on the recruiting trail, he won't be dead weight. Now onto the next great hire! GBO

Reactions: 2 people
You don't have to limit yourself to elite-level leagues to discover strong coaching candidates.

Butch Davis judged this guy's work to be good enough to qualify him for a spot on his staff. Davis was never a slouch when it came to putting together a quality group of assistant coaches. If this man was good enough to join his staff, then he should be more than able to do a job for Tennessee.

You've got it wrong. The people we are hiring are making us look like fools.
Another village idiot who does not know anything about what a coach brings other than a famous name.

The village idiots know nothing about what any of these men know about the game of football and bring to the table, yet judge them as if they are experts on coaching and coach searches.:lol:

Reactions: 2 people
All our hires should be #1 recruiters

We need the top "smack'em in the mouth coach". We have talented players we have coaches to teach technique we need attitude I've missed the TN swagger. All we've been doing is putting out fires I think it's time we started lighting some.

I dont know if it will help our running game or not, schemes seemed to be an issue as much as anything. Thanks to our OC.

His hiring is an indication of a scheme change, thankfully. HH was a sprint draw man block guy - the Big 10 (other than Wisconsin) and many NFL teams use it. Pittman is a man or zone guy depending on the scheme choice of the OC and HC. They ran zone at N. Illinois and more man at UNC under Davis. Good hire.

His hiring is an indication of a scheme change, thankfully. HH was a sprint draw man block guy - the Big 10 (other than Wisconsin) and many NFL teams use it. Pittman is a man or zone guy depending on the scheme choice of the OC and HC. They ran zone at N. Illinois and more man at UNC under Davis. Good hire.

Seems like a good hire to me. Notice how much easier it is to hire an o-line coach than a DC. The stats we could use against them are not as cut and dry as it is with a DC.

Everyone needs to chill and stop criticizing the new hires. Give them a shot at bringing us back to the promise land and if they don't then fire off!

With the hiring of Pittman, it shows that no one knows what's going on in UT's hiring process anymore. Why people continue to try and guess and make themselves look like fools (especially the Knoxville media) is mind-boggling.

You've got it wrong. The people we are hiring are making us look like fools.

I like CJG being hired and I don't have a problem with Pittman. Two good hires IMO. Position coaches.

Its the DC hire that I believe i'm going to be most disappointed with. I really believe Tennessee needed to hire RS. Wasn't big on Steele over RS but I would take him now over the rumored alternatives.

VN Store

Back