someone needs to be fired today

Heupel has to build the alter and preform the necessary coaching sacrifice to appease the angry and hurt fans. Sadly this sacrifice will be with blemish.
Maybe we can sacrifice a few whiny unrealistic fans instead. There's no volcano nearby so we could build an altar at midfield in Neyland. Heupel and White can review posts in this thread to chose the losers.

We need also to know how to stiil run the offense while allowing our defense to rest. I like our head coach but just not sure if at some point during every season our defense is going to get shredded for being on the field for 40 minutes.

someone needs to be fired today...Defensive coaches...see ya, do it now to send a message.
Take a clue from Dabo and what he did after WVU killed them in the Citrus bowl a few years ago
Banks and Martinez are good football coaches. Remember how many players we lost to the portal when CJP left? Give them some time to get players into the system and it will work itself out.

Reactions: EasternVol
I did like that in another thread last night, somebody said " put Hadden in the portal." Lol

Personally, I would have taken away his keys to the football facility and just left him in Columbia.

Pointed him towards the caboose off campus and let him go talk crap to that.

someone needs to be fired today...Defensive coaches...see ya, do it now to send a message.
Take a clue from Dabo and what he did after WVU killed them in the Citrus bowl a few years ago
Probably you...since you probably at work typing this.

Reactions: feathersax
No one denies we need better players, and more depth but it isn’t as if the defensive players we used against South Carolina were considered scrubs in high school. Only Byron Young was not on anyone’s radar and a late bloomer. Six 4 stars are noted below. And everyone below has 3, 4, 5 or even 6 years (Bumphus) experience, which is a head scratcher.

We don’t have personnel on that side of the ball to dominate, but this group shouldn’t give up 9 TDs in 10 possessions to anyone, much less the Gamecocks. I doubt lack of talent is the only problem. Given the circumstances, our coaches had zero answers against a team lacking their two best running backs and a porous offensive line that had given up a ton of sacks this year. Our defense has made opposing quarterbacks look better than they are, all year, except Levis.

Flowers - 3 star, 5th year Sr.
McCollough - 4 star, 4th year Sr.
Hadden - 3 star, 3rd year Jr.
Turnage - 4 star, 4th year Jr.
McDonald - 3 star, 3rd year Jr.
Mitchell - 4 star, 5th year Sr.
Beasley - 3 star, 4th year Jr.
Thomas - 4 star, 3rd year Jr.
Terry - 3 star, 4th year Jr.
Bumphus, 4 star, 6th year Sr.
Byron Young - not highly regarded
Baron - 4 star, 3rd year Jr.

Easy fellas. We don’t need JH pulling. Dooley and changing his defense.

We need better players and more aggressive play calls.

On paper we should have been able to play to our tape on defense and win big. The problem is the game isn’t played on paper.

It could be at Vandy. Everyone going can fold little paper planes, and loft them onto the field faster than the Vandy groundskeepers can remove them. Then? That game WILL have been played on paper.

Reactions: feathersax
Head coaches get fired after 4 games in a season...gotta stop the bleeding and this has been going on all season....this is nothing new, just culminated last night

And they usually don’t have a top 10 recruiting class about to be signed either. As much as I hate not fixing it NOW, firing an assistant coach before signing day would work against us, bigly.

Reactions: EasternVol
No HC would be dumb enough to fire an assistant mid-season and limp by with a partial staff…oh wait never mind.

Reactions: bigdan
We punched above our level for a while. Why would we jump the gun and start firing people now? Too soon for that. Sobering up didnt help some of you find any kind of logic.
They were too busy posting “Vols by Fiddy” memes. Zero sense of reality

This defense played SC with absolutely no passion for winning. Beasley is the only defensive player that showed any type of heart for the game and the rest just flat out quit. This game was lost before they ever took the field.

if you think kids were tuned out versus Carolina, fire their coaches and you will see a massive tune out against Vandy. Makes no sense to fire assistants before the last game and signing day. Possible loss to Vandy and possibly losing several recruits. It can wait another month or so..

No HC would be dumb enough to fire an assistant mid-season and limp by with a partial staff…oh wait never mind.
I mean, in Fairness though, is it even possible for this defense to get any worse than it already is now? I guess we could have given up touchdowns on 10 of 10 drives instead of just 9 of 10

VN Store

Back