Someone is apparently impressed by Milton's arm

I agree, but compared to the other three Bailey is limited with his mobility. He has to anticipate and read defenses more. Peyton scampered on bootlegs in college but he made his hey learning to dissect the defense. Like Hazele also said don’t be who you’re not. Bailey isn’t a runner.
So I'm glad you mentioned that.
Many people mistake pocket movement with ability to run.

Peyton was MUCH quicker with his feet sliding and dropping in the pocket than 4.3 speed Michael Vick....

That's what me and Hazele are referring too. Bailey isn't a statue either. He ripped off a 20 yarder against Vandy. His in the pocket movement needs to quicken because it works in tandem with the eyes and brain and processing the field.

I'm just curious. Why couldn't Bailey rise clearly above Maurer in Spring? Why couldn't he rise clearly above Hooker?
I said he doesn’t make quick decisions. Fundamentally he’s sound. Mentally he JG’s it. In the O&W game he hit on several shots but the receiver was either wide open or two steps past the defense.

So I'm glad you mentioned that.
Many people mistake pocket movement with ability to run.

Peyton was MUCH quicker with his feet sliding and dropping in the pocket than 4.3 speed Michael Vick....

That's what me and Hazele are referring too. Bailey isn't a statue either. He ripped off a 20 yarder against Vandy. His in the pocket movement needs to quicken because it works in tandem with the eyes and brain and processing the field.
He’s also a statue compared to Peyton. Peyton read a defense and knew where he was going even at that age.
edit: I would also argue Peyton knew he was an NFL quarterback by his sophomore year and knew he wasn’t getting there with his legs. He had to learn to dissect a defense and locked other qbs out of a film room to achieve it.

Reactions: LittleVol
Options??
Remember they eventually reinstated Salter, to put them at 4. So really it SHOULD be at 5 right now. But Salter is an idiot.
My point? 3 was plenty. 4 yeah. 5 whoa! They were planning to have 5, so long as THE ONE that they absolutely needed ended up in orange.

Don't insult me because a difference of opinion. Calling me a child proves that you in fact are. You did judge, talking about he can't play the SEC, he lost his job at Michigan yet you don't know anything about him. Haven't even watched 5 mins of film about him....

I have no problem with Harrison Bailey being the starter. I'm just saying he won't be because he's not as good.
And Milton is a more advanced passer than him. Sorry it doesn't fit your narrative...
Your spending a lot of effort explaining what he went thru case by case at Michigan. So I’m pretty sure your a homer! Bailey was a freshman!!! and got thrown in the fire. So if you want to go there Milton 18’ class Bailey 20’ class. You take that for whatever it’s worth...Because the pure passer will learn more than the legs. Your talking to me as though you know I haven’t watched any of his highlights. Seriously your a homer! They’ll be putting the Qb. In that gives them the best chance to win. I just happen to see it in a different light. I hope your both right homer!

He’s also a statue compared to Peyton. Peyton read a defense and knew where he was going even at that age.
He did.
Peyton comes from Archie who was a damn good DT QB. So Peyton had more athletic (agile) genes than given credit for.

But he learned from his dad first hand that running too much can shorten your progress. Archie was getting killed with the Saints. So he taught him to attack more with mind and all the other little things.
So...it's not really fair to Harrison to hold him to that level of young greatness.

But he's trying to get there. What I hope for is that he doesn't transfer...
And he just continues to grow under Heupel. Milton plays two years. Hell maybe one if he blows up this season.

He did.
Peyton comes from Archie who was a damn good DT QB. So Peyton had more athletic (agile) genes than given credit for.

But he learned from his dad first hand that running too much can shorten your progress. Archie was getting killed with the Saints. So he taught him to attack more with mind and all the other little things.
So...it's not really fair to Harrison to hold him to that level of young greatness.

But he's trying to get there. What I hope for is that he doesn't transfer...
And he just continues to grow under Heupel. Milton plays two years. Hell maybe one if he blows up this season.
I won’t hold any qb to the intellectual ability of Peyton. But he is going to have to make his money outsmarting the defense and throwing to their weakness in whatever front they’re showing. He isn’t adding 50 yds to the ground game anytime soon lol.

I’m not saying Bailey can’t be successful, but who would you choose if Milton sharpens the fundamentals and becomes more accurate with touch? He’s still got three years left so the freshman thing is mute.
That’s a huge IF....I’m not built like that based on IFs...He’s got 2 years on Bailey and I don’t think changing venues changes accuracy! Can’t say I know of it happening....Just a fastball with legs! I hope the best for every mans dreams. To much talent that I keep harping on that I feel will be the deciding factor. Wide open receivers is one thing making the simple tosse are another. Then you got to be able to hit the home run. I’m sorry it’s just my humble opinion I just don’t have the faith you guys do. Either you have it or you don’t. Florida had Tebow no one wanted here that I said that he will never make it in the NFL !!!

That’s a huge IF....I’m not built like that based on IFs...He’s got 2 years on Bailey and I don’t think changing venues changes accuracy! Can’t say I know of it happening....Just a fastball with legs! I hope the best for every mans dreams. To much talent that I keep harping on that I feel will be the deciding factor. Wide open receivers is one thing making the simple tosse are another. Then you got to be able to hit the home run. I’m sorry it’s just my humble opinion I just don’t have the faith you guys do. Either you have it or you don’t. Florida had Tebow no one wanted here that I said that he will never make it in the NFL !!!
Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts, Baker all transferred and became better more polished passers in recent memory but run with that idea.

Reactions: Ertel
Tebow made it to the NFL and ran it to the playoffs…

Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts, Baker all transferred and became better more polished passers in recent memory but run with that idea.
True....All were pure passers other than Hurts losing his to the surprise to everyone. But eventually being the right call to a better passer. I’m still hanging on IF’s but I get your point.

True....All were pure passers other than Hurts losing his to the surprise to everyone. But eventually being the right call to a better passer. I’m still hanging on IF’s but I get your point.
Dobbs wasn’t a pure passer and he got better lol. There was a point he couldn’t throw it 15 yards without burying it in the ground.

Tebow made it to the NFL and ran it to the playoffs…
Yeah and Dobbs is a backup in the NFL. No Tebow didn’t make it as a Qb. There was no fun n gun in the NFL. Shuler didn’t Flute didn’t and on in on. For one or another reasons and Tebow was never gonna be a Qb. In the NFL. He wasn’t a pure enough passer ! But everyone was so stuck on his college talent they were over looking the most important things. You better be able to hit your receivers! I saw more highlights on him running down someone who just intercepted his pass.

Reactions: murfvol1
Yeah and Dobbs is a backup in the NFL. No Tebow didn’t make it as a Qb. There was no fun n gun in the NFL. Shuler didn’t Flute didn’t and on in on. For one or another reasons and Tebow was never gonna be a Qb. In the NFL. He wasn’t a pure enough passer ! But everyone was so stuck on his college talent they were over looking the most important things. You better be able to hit your receivers! I saw more highlights on him running down someone who just intercepted his pass.
Tebow made a playoff run. Whether he stuck is semantics. He still played as an NFL QB and made it further than a lot of 1st rounders. He sure was more successful in 2 seasons than Bray who’s been in since 2010

Last edited:
Tebow made a playoff run. Whether he stuck is semantics. He still played as an NFL QB and made it further than a lot of 1st rounders. He sure was more successful than in 2 seasons than Bray who’s been in since 2010
He sold tickets played he did and lost out quickly due to passing ability. So they tried the trickery with the fullback at Qb. Still didn’t make him a NFL Qb. I stated then and it’s still the same. The guy wasn’t ever gonna be NFL Qb. Material. Wasn’t hearing of being a tight end like a lot of analysis were saying he’ll end up being. So we know the story and where he’s at now.

He sold tickets played he did and lost out quickly due to passing ability. So they tried the trickery with the fullback at Qb. Still didn’t make him a NFL Qb. I stated then and it’s still the same. The guy wasn’t ever gonna be NFL Qb. Material. Wasn’t hearing of being a tight end like a lot of analysis were saying he’ll end up being. So we know the story and where he’s at now.
Doesn’t matter, I’m saying he made it to the NFL as a QB. True. He made it to the playoffs as a QB. which is True…. I never said he’d last or should have been. But Milton is more of a Cam who’s lasted for almost a decade and still doesn’t have touch.

Would you be upset if Milton ended up being a Terrelle Pryor? QB or not?

I wouldn’t be upset if Milton ended up being the right choice PRRIOD. By the way Pryor was committed to UT n Fulmer at one time but we know that boneheaded decision making people
Don’t remind me, I choose to remember the 2004 Florida game near Fulmer end. Stadium was electric. You ever want tickets let me know I have two you can have for a home game. Safe travels.

edit: I would also argue Peyton knew he was an NFL quarterback by his sophomore year and knew he wasn’t getting there with his legs. He had to learn to dissect a defense and locked other qbs out of a film room to achieve it.
Did that to Brandonn Stewart their freshman year.

VN Store

Back