Some details of Tee's contract released

His po

He said nothing about talent. He said injuries and position changes.

USC had a ton of both.

Once again you butt in and miss the mark. šŸ˜”
They make that 5 star freshman QB play WR? šŸ˜‰ How come when you plop into a thread and drop trough, you donā€™t consider it ā€œbuttin inā€?

You guys are harsh! Judging Friend's coaching acumen based on the recruits from the coach we just fired one recruiting cycle ago? You get a couple of years to get your own big uglies in there don't you? No? I want you to take these undersized, undeveloped O Linemen and win the SEC East. Ok......

Let's see what happens in a year or so with a couple of 5 star tackles in the fold. You're killing me Smalls!
Its funny that so many keep crying about how patient we fans have been and we shouldn't have to be any more patient. When its said we need to give them time, all hell breaks loose... "The time is over to give more time, its been 10 years!!!! How much more time do they need" Even the guys whining about "ROI".... In year 1. Lol.

How does that make sense? I know it sucks we've been dealing with this for over 10 years, it sucks, bad....bad, but we started over again last year and this time its only been 13 months. Is what it is.

important, of course, but pretty good money for a strength coach...and,

GO VOLS...RECRUIT LIKE HECK!

Man, some people just donā€™t get it. You gotta have the tools to work with before you can do anything other than tread water. Admin has to clear the way for the staff to acquire the tools to succeed, looks like that is happening.

ROI??? Glad you know the meaning but you have no idea of the context. Pretty sure no one said ā€œhey, hereā€™s an old clunker. At the moment, all we have to rebuild it with is this stick and a spatula, I want it showroom quality in 6 monthsā€.

Get outta here with your almost knowing what you're talking about, self

Last edited:
Reactions: butchna
They make that 5 star freshman QB play WR? šŸ˜‰ How come when you plop into a thread and drop trough, you donā€™t consider it ā€œbuttin inā€?
Nope, but he got hurt. šŸ˜°

You were talking about talent though. Not what we were talking about .

Off like usual.

Indeed. I think itā€™s fair to suggest that Friend may not have quite earned that $805k last year given how our OL performed from the first to the last game. Could just be me though.
It's definitely not just you.

Nope, but he got hurt. šŸ˜°

You were talking about talent though. Not what we were talking about .

Off like usual.
I believe the subject was Friendā€™s performance due to the wreck he inherited...you always on-point son of a gun you! šŸ˜‰

Itā€™s on record that Friend inherited the worst OL in school history and THEN lost the best player out of that unit. No OL coach makes that mess into even an average unit. We paid a proven OL coach to take that on and in his first season he has recruited the talent that shifts that course. Thereā€™s no OL coach (yes...including PITTMAN) that transcends the talent heā€™s allotted. Fulmer skipped the stadium improvements and is giving Pruitt the money to hire the teachers and recruiters that will improve the program. That moneyā€™s going somewhere...better for that.

Yeah, just go ahead and discount the injuries, position changes etc. None of that should matter. Evidently, his magic wand was defective.
so for that price,... just an ounce of showing signs they are getting better should have been seen...was not...so why holding on to the the jewels so hard here?

Itā€™s on record that Friend inherited the worst OL in school history and THEN lost the best player out of that unit. No OL coach makes that mess into even an average unit. We paid a proven OL coach to take that on and in his first season he has recruited the talent that shifts that course. Thereā€™s no OL coach (yes...including PITTMAN) that transcends the talent heā€™s allotted. Fulmer skipped the stadium improvements and is giving Pruitt the money to hire the teachers and recruiters that will improve the program. That moneyā€™s going somewhere...better for that.
I'm not sure he didnt lose the best 2 players off that unit and arguably the 3rd has never gotten healthy enough to contribute again.

Reactions: Behr and butchna

Letā€™s not forget Kennedy. He and Trey Smith were the one two punch in loss of cohesion to start with.

so for that price,... just an ounce of showing signs they are getting better should have been seen...was not...so why holding on to the the jewels so hard here?
LOL because anyone expecting more knows..................well you fill in the blank. Just getting 5 semi-healthy lineman on the field at the same time was progress.

I believe the subject was Friendā€™s performance due to the wreck he inherited...you always on-point son of a gun you! šŸ˜‰
He can't get off of Tee's nut sack long enough to form an actual coherent sentence. It's probably one of the most impressive man crush's we'll ever see.

Reactions: Behr and butchna
Side note: how terrible is it that schools claim "they cant afford to pay the players" yet here we are spending 10.2 mil on a staff. You can live like an absolute king on 400k a year in Knoxville.

I'm on the fence on Friend. We sucked this year on the Oline. That said you cannot coach lack of size and strength. The Georgia story on Friend was that he was a decent Oline coach and mediocre recruiter. Well this is the best Oline class in a decade. I'd say recruiting wise he definitely earned his money, coaching it's hard to tell yet.

Side note: how terrible is it that schools claim "they cant afford to pay the players" yet here we are spending 10.2 mil on a staff. You can live like an absolute king on 400k a year in Knoxville.
How much per for every 85? Everyone get the same throughout FBS? Do your stars get more? Got 10 on-field coaches per staff and most pay more than their share of dues. And their status is always tenuous. Get $400k in a Knoxville and the next season take whateverā€™s available wherever is more the norm.

How much per for every 85? Everyone get the same throughout FBS? Do your stars get more? Got 10 on-field coaches per staff and most pay more than their share of dues. And their status is always tenuous. Get $400k in a Knoxville and the next season take whateverā€™s available wherever is more the norm.
There are ways around it. Obviously you cant pay stars more. It has to be a flat rate. Perhaps a percentage of the the total coach salary.

Look, I know it would be complicated and have a ripple effect, I just hate to see this sport generate an insane amount of money and the kids who are actually putting their bodies on the line get $0.

There are ways around it. Obviously you cant pay stars more. It has to be a flat rate. Perhaps a percentage of the the total coach salary.

Look, I know it would be complicated and have a ripple effect, I just hate to see this sport generate an insane amount of money and the kids who are actually putting their bodies on the line get $0.
Look at college tuition and the ancillary costs...then get back to me. That stance gets heat but if the insurance thing ever bellies up this sport, itā€™ll be interesting looking at what was lost for the vast majority of these kids.

Reactions: MikeVol44 and Behr
LOL because anyone expecting more knows..................well you fill in the blank. Just getting 5 semi-healthy lineman on the field at the same time was progress.
I didn't see any difference when our line was healthy..even though it was only a short period of time... But still that's an awful lot of money to be paid to be so bad.

There is also no way to only pay football players. Paying student athletes would be just that and you would have to pay athletes from every sport, many canā€™t even generate the finances to support their own program.
How much does the bowling team get, the cornhole team, golf, tennis, swimming etc...

Reactions: butchna and Behr
Look at college tuition and the ancillary costs...then get back to me. That stance gets heat but if the insurance thing ever bellies up this sport, itā€™ll be interesting looking at what was lost for the vast majority of these kids.

This x10000000000000!

The majority of college athletes do not earn a living from professional sports.

What is the COST of getting 4-5 years of tuition, books, room and board, meals, and medical insurance coverage provided by the University from an athletic scholarship?

And what is the ROI for these athletes when they begin to earn $$$ in a career enabled from their education or from the benefits of being a former college athlete?

Reactions: MoodyVol

VN Store

Back