Some details of Tee's contract released

Most people forget that Coach Friend is also a OC and a very well respected O line coach.

You can't take hamburger and make prime rib out of it.

Nobody at all could have done more with the guys we had for our O line roster last season so don't over expect for next season either.

Friend already has 1 5* O lineman on campus and a very good shot at also getting Wright here too.

I also agree that Neidermeyer needs a raise, we don't want to lose him and his recruiting!

VFL...GBO!!!

These salaries are much higher than Butch had to work with. Looks like PF intends to turn this thing around. I would also say coaches not getting it done will get the short leash.
You have know PF had to justify this expencse so somebody is supporting him. Good news for vol fans, as long a as we don't go broke.

Friend gets that kind of salary because he's a well respected o line coach and Pruitt and most people know it, however some people like to criticize him for not turning last year's bunch into something better. You can only lead the horse to water can't make him drink, some that played gave no real effort (Richmond) and the ones that did give some effort lacked size and experience. Get players in and have more than a year in the same kind of system have a better oline it's pretty simple

Tee is also still getting paid the remainder of his USC contract as a buyout over the same two year period of his UT contract, so the $450,000 is actually much higher.

Neidermeyer and Fair much more valuable than Friend and they together make half what he makes. If we ever need to cut payroll we know where to look.

The original subject was Tee Martin. I think the 2 years is in anticipation of turnover and perhaps grooming him for a bigger role if he proves himself.

I think it is interesting at the amount of support staff we have had in the past year compared to before. I don't know if that is just a new mentality that Pruitt brought in, or if maybe Fulmer realized the need. Or maybe Butch just wasn't on top of things. I know large support staffs are the trend now. But if you go to the roster page and look at 2017 staff vs 2016, the gap is pretty substantial in my opinion.

Edit: Scratch that, I think it was just the 2016 year that looked underwhelming.

Yeah, just go ahead and discount the injuries, position changes etc. None of that should matter. Evidently, his magic wand was defective.
Talking about Tee? Oh Friend.

It's funny that you take that into account for him but not Tee.

Hmm🤔

Yeah, just go ahead and discount the injuries, position changes etc. None of that should matter. Evidently, his magic wand was defective.
Talking about Tee? Oh Friend.

It's funny that you take that into account for him but not Tee.

Hmm🤔

You guys are harsh! Judging Friend's coaching acumen based on the recruits from the coach we just fired one recruiting cycle ago? You get a couple of years to get your own big uglies in there don't you? No? I want you to take these undersized, undeveloped O Linemen and win the SEC East. Ok......

Let's see what happens in a year or so with a couple of 5 star tackles in the fold. You're killing me Smalls!

Reactions: MikeVol44
You guys are harsh! Judging Friend's coaching acumen based on the recruits from the coach we just fired one recruiting cycle ago? You get a couple of years to get your own big uglies in there don't you? No? I want you to take these undersized, undeveloped O Linemen and win the SEC East. Ok......

Let's see what happens in a year or so with a couple of 5 star tackles in the fold. You're killing me Smalls!

There you go using critical thinking skills and applying both observations of reality and logical deductions. You evidently have OVERESTIMATED the collective football IQ of Volnation!

Most on here actually believe that Bill Murray could hole out from 185 yards with an 8-iron!! LOL.... "it's a Cinderella story..."

Last edited:
Reactions: ksgovols

VN Store

Back