Softball Week 3 - USF Tournament

Brian has noted that we have hit the ball hard right at people. The key is they have fielded all the hard hit balls other than the homer.

Game over. 9 1 them. We never matched their energy in either game. Not even competitive which is more disappointing than the losses. Bender at least stopped the bleeding.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Game over. 9 1 them. We never matched their energy in either game. Not even competitive which is more disappointing than the losses. Bender at least stopped the bleeding.

This team is in real trouble moving forward with or without Rogers the defense needs to get cleaned up real quick!

Our hitting is not firing on all cylinders right now (their pitcher today is pretty good) but I believe we will score runs. The pitching I also think will get better as experience is gained. The fielding just has to get better. You would not accept this from a middle school team. It is routine plays being missed or misjudged.

This team is garbage right now and there's no way around it.
i wouldn’t say we are garbage. loosing ur best pitcher will hurt a team dramatically. we’re pitching freshman and sophomores. No excuses for run rules but i expected some ups and downs until we get our dominant pitcher back.

Reactions: volfan__18
i wouldn’t say we are garbage. loosing ur best pitcher will hurt a team dramatically. we’re pitching freshman and sophomores. No excuses for run rules but i expected some ups and downs until we get our dominant pitcher back.

Getting run-ruled by an unranked team two days in a row = garbage. They didn't play this poorly the first weekend of the season with the same roster and against better teams like Northwestern and ASU.

Also, you need to score runs and be able to make simple infield plays, neither of which is happening right now, and that has nothing to do with Rogers being out. We've been outscored 38-2 (!!!) in our four run-rule losses and have given up tons of unearned runs. 14 errors between Seggern and Parsons who are a senior and sophomore, respectively. That's not youth -- it's players playing out of position due to exodus and lack of recruiting in the middle infield.

Getting run-ruled by an unranked team two days in a row = garbage. They didn't play this poorly the first weekend of the season with the same roster and against better teams like Northwestern and ASU.

Also, you need to score runs and be able to make simple infield plays, neither of which is happening right now, and that has nothing to do with Rogers being out. We've been outscored 38-2 (!!!) in our four run-rule losses and have given up tons of unearned runs. 14 errors between Seggern and Parsons who are a senior and sophomore, respectively. That's not youth -- it's players playing out of position due to exodus and lack of recruiting in the middle infield.
Sophomore is youth are you crazy. Until you reach your junior year you are a Underclassman.

The lineup has been a concern I don't think he should have Ayala leading off. I would like to see some singles hitter and then the big bats.

Reactions: sccshortstop

VN Store

Back