Softball Season has Started

Been a long road trip for these girls. Record of 6-2 but really played 10 games with a shorthanded pitching staff. This team needs a little rest and a lot of infield practice. Hard to do when playing this many games but they have a few days to work now. Really need to put this time to good use.

they are not current on putting the cumulative stats on the UT site. Only one game is listed. Obviously the weeklys are embarrassed about all the errors and not updating for public viewing! In the past they have been real prompt regarding the stats!

Weeklys have nothing to do with it, the SID does that. New person this year, came from a school that doesn’t post its stats at all, so probably not on that person’s usual checklist. I’m sure it’ll get fixed.

When they going to get that stat tracker fixed at the website? Have to go to opponents websites not working at UTsports.

With the way the scoring system works, it only appears through UT site when we are the home team. Otherwise, the home team is scoring the game and the stats show up through that schools website. There are also frequently issues with them during these early season tournaments at neutral sites.

they are not current on putting the cumulative stats on the UT site. Only one game is listed. Obviously the weeklys are embarrassed about all the errors and not updating for public viewing! In the past they have been real prompt regarding the stats!

They are current on stats. If you go to the softball page, then to stats, click on Stats XML. They have all 8 games. If you click on Stats PDF they only have 1 game.

Thanks DeerPark, Kregman and SShortstop for all of your guys up to date data, and everything else you guys do for us that can't see the game....

Reactions: StrangeVol
Turner has now turned in a strikeout pitcher and most put in play are on the ground when our D comes around watch out!!
They evidently had her era wrong on stat tracker. They were showing 3.88 and the site updated today shows 2.88 which is a huge difference. She is a pitcher that make you hit a lot of ground balls if only we had someone to field them. She has given up one homer in 131 at bats which I would definitely take that ratio all season.

I have two tickets in section F for Feb. 26 Weds. Ut Martin and Mar. 4 Weds. Lipscomb games. Will not be able to make these will give to someone willing to go cheer.

In sort of unrelated news, I’ve been following Clemson’s first season. Happy for her, but it looks like we definitely missed out on Logan Caymol.
I was wondering what the backstory was with her. Read the story she has massive ties to Clemson and would have crawled over broken glass to play there but they had no softball program. When they started one she moved to them pretty much nothing to do about that. There is family tragedy there as well so could have helped us but wish her all the best.

Reactions: WizardofOz
Out of curiosity watched FSU quite a bit this weekend interesting in primetime last night the freshman Sandercock was the one toeing the rubber.

by way of contrast, C. Arnold has already given up 4 home runs for FSU in 5 appearances (28.1 innings)
All I will say about her situation if she continues to pitch like that there she will be in the same situation she was here. If someone is pitching better they will move ahead of her. Certainly nothing personal your always going with the pitcher you think can do the job and it wasn't her last season.

Reactions: MS_LdyVols_fan
I was wondering what the backstory was with her. Read the story she has massive ties to Clemson and would have crawled over broken glass to play there but they had no softball program. When they started one she moved to them pretty much nothing to do about that. There is family tragedy there as well so could have helped us but wish her all the best.
Yep. I remembered her story from when she announced her decommitment to UT. Glad it worked out for her, but it sure would be nice if Clemson hadn’t started that program. Girl looks to be the real deal! Lol! They are going to be a force to be reckoned with in the ACC I think. Does anyone know how that’ll work out eligibility wise? I think she had to sit a year, maybe two, to wait on the program to start officially, so how many years do their players get? All four I would assume, just have to enter a master’s/grad program to be eligible after undergrad studies are finished... Is that right?

Reactions: kregman
by way of contrast, C. Arnold has already given up 4 home runs for FSU in 5 appearances (28.1 innings)
Was thinking about posting about her in my comment about Caymol. The consensus here seems split about her decision to leave, so I didn’t. I have been watching their IG, Twitter, and found FSU’s forum equivalent to VolNation and have been stalking their posts to see what they think about her, too... Interesting stuff being said on Warchant. I wish her well, too.

Yep. I remembered her story from when she announced her decommitment to UT. Glad it worked out for her, but it sure would be nice if Clemson hadn’t started that program. Girl looks to be the real deal! Lol! They are going to be a force to be reckoned with in the ACC I think. Does anyone know how that’ll work out eligibility wise? I think she had to sit a year, maybe two, to wait on the program to start officially, so how many years do their players get? All four I would assume, just have to enter a master’s/grad program to be eligible after undergrad studies are finished... Is that right?
They have her listed as a redshirt freshman sitting out last year, so she has four full years. I wasn't really paying much attention did she literally sign with us before deciding to go to Clemson or just committed? PS just looked again. This is their first year so by red shirting last year she could go to school on scholarship while waiting to play I assume.

They have her listed as a redshirt freshman sitting out last year, so she has four full years. I wasn't really paying much attention did she literally sign with us before deciding to go to Clemson or just committed? PS just looked again. This is their first year so by red shirting last year she could go to school on scholarship while waiting to play I assume.
Just committed, never signed if I remember right.

Reactions: kregman

VN Store

Back