Softball fall scrimmages to be streamed

It's actually not wrong, but it's not a surprise that you're just blindly carrying water for UT coaches and don't know what you're talking about here. You defended Holly to the very cold and bitter end, IIRC.

I probably offended you in the past. Sorry...not sorry. I don't believe in trying coaches or players on the internet. You can call it what you like dippy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nickid1975 and gule
Every player received an extra year of eligibility for covid last year. So Karen cut Pancini who was coming off an ACL injury, sounds about right. Every one I talked to said she was a great teammate and I agree with Kregman’s assessment about her hitting. I can name Vines, koenig, Rowland, Aldrete, and 20 more.
You were the one saying that Karen disliked California girls no one else did. I still have not heard from anyone who actually knows where and what Panini is doing . DeerPark usually know things about the Lvs softball that are right more that wrong.

Ayala has really come on strong as her career has gone on. I would bet Chelsea will be back at short because it will be hard not to have KK at third. I would really hate to lose Pancini because in her limited at bats she hit good pitching a very valuable commodity.
I though that KK was at third some but i saw her in center as well. If she wants third then i am ok with CS back at short. Gives another good outfielder who can hit a chance to play. That looks like maybe a Parson/ Willingham at 2nd. That would allow Hannon to go to center which is her best position.

I though that KK was at third some but i saw her in center as well. If she wants third then i am ok with CS back at short. Gives another good outfielder who can hit a chance to play. That looks like maybe a Parson/ Willingham at 2nd. That would allow Hannon to go to center which is her best position.
Just to be clear I am talking about McCrary and not Milloy. Our best outfield at the moment for me would be Ayala in right (much better there than left), Hannon in center and Milloy in left. I know they love Milloy's speed but Hannon seems to track the ball better in center. I don't know if I was confusing using KK or not. I would put Webber or West at DH (forget the slappers).

Reactions: Nickid1975
Let’s not forget about Arizona transfer Ivy Davis who has been playing short stop in all scrimmage games. Seems to be a very skilled defensive player and can hit the ball from the right side. I don’t think Seggern will play at short over her.

If the outfield consists of Hannon Milloy and Ayala, we are set out there offensively and defensively. My biggest question mark will be 2nd base. But I see parsons and new freshman competing for that spot. Morgan and Seggern are my favorites at the corners but not sure about injury timeline for seggern. Ali behind the plate is icing on the cake. Yes, I saw some sloppy things in the scrimmages but I also saw some really exciting things. And the players were so mixed between the teams that there was no set A team or B team that I could tell.
I’m anticipating more than one AA off this team this year. Let’s go Lady Vols!

Just to be clear I am talking about McCrary and not Milloy. Our best outfield at the moment for me would be Ayala in right (much better there than left), Hannon in center and Milloy in left. I know they love Milloy's speed but Hannon seems to track the ball better in center. I don't know if I was confusing using KK or not. I would put Webber or West at DH (forget the slappers).
Did i not see Miloy at third some in the last scrimmage? Darn thing was blurry but i am old so that is that! Forgot about Davis who Ralph said started when we played Arizona last year. Short is hers until someone can take it and not sure anyone can. I think CS will go back to 3rd then because that is her best position. Got to hit the ball from top of lineup to the bottom or cant play is the way i se it.I love Morgan on defense and if she can and will hit 280 she is solid. I agree that Hannon is best in center but Miloy may insist playing there. Pitching is better regardless of how that turns out!!

I did forget about Davis. If Seggern is not playing third she was better at second than short. That leaves Parsons out which is the only semi-slapper that can hit on the team. A lot of options this year and a trend that started last year I hope continues was that if you were hitting you found your way into the lineup. (I'm guessing Marc had something to do with that). Morgan is great at 1B though her hitting overall may need to pick up to stay there (if she only had some speed :)).

Reactions: sccshortstop
Did i not see Miloy at third some in the last scrimmage? Darn thing was blurry but i am old so that is that! Forgot about Davis who Ralph said started when we played Arizona last year. Short is hers until someone can take it and not sure anyone can. I think CS will go back to 3rd then because that is her best position. Got to hit the ball from top of lineup to the bottom or cant play is the way i se it.I love Morgan on defense and if she can and will hit 280 she is solid. I agree that Hannon is best in center but Miloy may insist playing there. Pitching is better regardless of how that turns out!!
It was hard the tell the ladies you knew very well much less the newcomers. I have a great TV and super fast internet too.

I did forget about Davis. If Seggern is not playing third she was better at second than short. That leaves Parsons out which is the only semi-slapper that can hit on the team. A lot of options this year and a trend that started last year I hope continues was that if you were hitting you found your way into the lineup. (I'm guessing Marc had something to do with that). Morgan is great at 1B though her hitting overall may need to pick up to stay there (if she only had some speed :)).
If I am not mistaken, Davis can also play 1st base so if Morgan doesn’t get her bat going, Davis could potentially take first as well.

Reactions: kregman
You were the one saying that Karen disliked California girls no one else did. I still have not heard from anyone who actually knows where and what Panini is doing . DeerPark usually know things about the Lvs softball that are right more that wrong.

Not sure about disliking CA girls... 5 on roster currently and 3 signed this week from CA. I do see it going down as Marty was the traveler, you saw him all over the country on the travel ball circuit.

Reactions: Nickid1975
Did not want to start a new thread but heard an interview with Karen and Ralph. Take away Ivy Davis will be the SS. Raved about Megan as a coach.

Reactions: Majors
Did not want to start a new thread but heard an interview with Karen and Ralph. Take away Ivy Davis will be the SS. Raved about Megan as a coach.

Thanks man for the info....
Don't be shy about starting a new thread....We needs to know!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rixxx
I think Ivy was the starting shortstop since the day she transferred in. We still do not have anyone for her to really compete against if she hits as expected.

Not a lot new but Ralph really hates transfers it would appear. Sounds like planning on Chelsea being at third and Parsons at second. so that leaves KK McCary out unless DH which would remove one of our better hitters. Of course all can change at a drop of the hat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Majors
Not a lot new but Ralph really hates transfers it would appear. Sounds like planning on Chelsea being at third and Parsons at second. so that leaves KK McCary out unless DH which would remove one of our better hitters. Of course all can change at a drop of the hat.
I would welcome KK in the DH spot until she un hitts her way out of it!

Reactions: kregman

But both glowed about Ivy and took Bender. The extra year is great for now but will open the portal up for younger players to leave before they are truly needed in some cases.

VN Store

Back