Softball fall scrimmages to be streamed

But both glowed about Ivy and took Bender. The extra year is great for now but will open the portal up for younger players to leave before they are truly needed in some cases.
He doesn't seem to mind the transfer into the program it the transfers out that bothers him. :) I don't think he is alone in that though.

To be fair, UT has had many more transfers out than transfers in.
Very true and for many different reasons. Playing time, competing for championships, mental, philosophy changed from time they were recruited and lastly it wasn't what they thought it would be once they got here. Transfers will get out of control next season.

Very true and for many different reasons. Playing time, competing for championships, mental, philosophy changed from time they were recruited and lastly it wasn't what they thought it would be once they got here. Transfers will get out of control next season.
With some teams rosters at over 30 with the extra eligibility you cannot keep everyone happy. UT has a more limited roster but a number of good players are not going to see the field much. It will indeed be a mad scramble of players moving. The staffs that manage this coming and going will be the prize winners in the next few years.

Reactions: Majors
The staff overrecruiting has been our main cause of transfers out. Players actually want to play and not sit on the bench for 3-4 years.

With some teams rosters at over 30 with the extra eligibility you cannot keep everyone happy. UT has a more limited roster but a number of good players are not going to see the field much. It will indeed be a mad scramble of players moving. The staffs that manage this coming and going will be the prize winners in the next few years.

Absolutely. Pitchers with 4+ on staff under JR year will start looking at depth charts across the country come spring time.

Two of the biggest losses to transfer that I can think of would be losing Annie Aldretti and we could have really used Caylan Arnold this past season with Ashley being injured.
Yes Caylan was a big deal and Annie would have helped as well but she had not gotten over her friends death and was going through the motions even after transferring. My memory is so short these days! lol!

Reactions: kregman
I saw on the football forum that JT Shrout most likely would not transfer because his girlfriend was on the LVs softball team! Anyone know who that young lady may be? He played pretty well today .

I saw on the football forum that JT Shrout most likely would not transfer because his girlfriend was on the LVs softball team! Anyone know who that young lady may be? He played pretty well today .
That would be one Ally Shipman would you leave? :)

I think everything pales in comparison when Ms. Shipman is your girlfriend.

She could starve a flower....
EEdV-BMU0AA7kSg.jpg

Reactions: sccshortstop
Two of the biggest losses to transfer that I can think of would be losing Annie Aldretti and we could have really used Caylan Arnold this past season with Ashley being injured.

Annie was a big loss (and also probably the most unexpected transfer that I can think of) but she and Koenig didn't do anything of note at Cal. It's like they transferred and completely forgot how to hit somewhere between Knoxville and Berkeley.

Did not know that and who did she play for?

She wound up at Long Beach State -- which has been the landing spot for a lot of our transfers over the years (Jennifer Griffin, Ashley Holmes, Haley Tobler, Alley Perkins, Abby Lockman) -- and was a 2nd team AA her sophomore year and had horrible junior year. It looks like she and Lockman have forgone their forgiven year from COVID, because I don't see them on their roster for this season.

She wound up at Long Beach State -- which has been the landing spot for a lot of our transfers over the years (Jennifer Griffin, Ashley Holmes, Haley Tobler, Alley Perkins, Abby Lockman) -- and was a 2nd team AA her sophomore year and had horrible junior year. It looks like she and Lockman have forgone their forgiven year from COVID, because I don't see them on their roster for this season.
Thanks as always!

VN Store

Back