Softball fall scrimmages to be streamed

Just wondering as well if we will have Leach as the vol graduate assistant? She is not showing on the roster as such but CS is so i guess Leach may be moving along!

Nope, she was here as a 5th year student assistant last year while she finished her undergrad degree so she’s moved on. Unfortunately, the rules on graduate assistants in softball are fairly restrictive so if she wanted to pursue a coaching spot, it would have to be as a volunteer assistant, which has to be unpaid. In “normal” times that’s not an issue because camp money can almost equal an assistant coaching salary. But in COVID times, they haven’t been able to have camps and many not be able to for some time.

Reactions: sccshortstop
EDD880F1-6CC7-4437-9044-D0AD8CF1CB67.jpeg
Picture from Karen’s twitter page. Glad to see the players enjoying their Halloween. Seggern on crutches so rumors of procedure or injury must be true. Wishing her a speedy recovery.

The defense has been terrible in these scrimmages. A pop fly in the infield is dropped and a pass ball in two consecutive plays. Malloy hit one a long way for a homer off of Rogers who looks a little off her game at least in these scrimmages. Hazelwood has pitched some solid innings much to my surprise.

I did see some good hits but they mostly came off the freshman. Davis had some good hits. The defense does still look a mess. I hope CS is back soon and able to play. What happened to Pacini? Any news?

Throwing to the wrong base and behind runners too. Turner has been the most consistent though I’m sure Rogers Is knocking off the rust. Turner gives up some hits but has a knack for getting out of innings. No Bender again that I saw. Hitting was better.

Reactions: MS_LdyVols_fan
I did see some good hits but they mostly came off the freshman. Davis had some good hits. The defense does still look a mess. I hope CS is back soon and able to play. What happened to Pacini? Any news?
Pancini was on the roster but she is now no longer on it. Have no idea what the deal is with that.

Turner can really play some defense on the mound.
Callie Turner has looked to be the more consistent pitcher this fall. Had another good outing today. As you stated she plays very good defense in the circle and makes good overhand throws to first base to get runners out. A lot of other pitchers make lazy underhand throws to first base which often don't beat the runner. Kiki Milloy had two home runs in today's scrimmage and Amanda Curran and Alli Shipman each had three hits. Curran definitely needs to get more playing time in the outfield in the coming season.

Reactions: kregman
Callie Turner has looked to be the more consistent pitcher this fall. Had another good outing today. As you stated she plays very good defense in the circle and makes good overhand throws to first base to get runners out. A lot of other pitchers make lazy underhand throws to first base which often don't beat the runner. Kiki Milloy had two home runs in today's scrimmage and Amanda Curran and Alli Shipman each had three hits. Curran definitely needs to get more playing time in the outfield in the coming season.
Turner last year as well has a good of fundamentals from the circle as anyone i ever watched! Fields her position great and as you state a perfect overhand throw to the base.

Curran can pitch too and with our shortage last year I'm suprised she never got into the circle.

On her twitter she still has Tennessee softball. Maybe this was just a Fall roster and she will be back in the Spring.

Heard Pancini is still on campus on scholarship after being cut last spring by Karen who is notorious for not liking California girls.

Heard Pancini is still on campus on scholarship after being cut last spring by Karen who is notorious for not liking California girls.
She actually had a knee type surgery last year and red shirted i think i read. Sure Karen hates all Cali girls including both Shipmans and the greatest lefty of all time Monica Abbott, Raven Cheevan and about 20 or more we have had on the hill!! BS!

Last edited:
Curran can pitch too and with our shortage last year I'm suprised she never got into the circle.
I watched all of the streams and with the turning and changing of the lineups the defense was not good but i think will come around. From what i could tell it looks like Josie and Parsons may be the shortstop/2nd combo of some sort maybe interchangeable. I really see if hitting comes through that Milloy and Ayala in center and right. Hannon mostlikely in right . Seggern will anchor 3rd and Morgan at first. Shippman will have a whole year maybe and be a stud at the plate . As i said if the hitters hit we will be pretty good with Rogers and Turner and the other pitchers helping out. Base running has not been good in a few years and may need more tweeking. I do not remember any slapper stepping out of the box and looks as though a new technique has been developed. Only took 3 years! Curran, Fox, and Webber will be helpful as well whether off the bench or starting occasionally. I was impressed with Amanda Ayala these last year or two and i think she is going to be our hitting stud and hopefully the next AA! Could have said much more but bedtime and go LVs!

Ayala has really come on strong as her career has gone on. I would bet Chelsea will be back at short because it will be hard not to have KK at third. I would really hate to lose Pancini because in her limited at bats she hit good pitching a very valuable commodity.

Reactions: lvfan
Wrong on many different levels.[/QUOTE
No, it sounds about right with Karen’s history and lack of personality. My 11 year old daughter attended camps last 2 years and I observed Karen being rude to the players and attendees. I can see her having issues with the players. Ralph on the other hand is personable.

She actually had a knee type surgery last year and red shirted i think i read. Sure Karen hates all Cali girls including both Shipmans and the greatest lefty of all time Monica Abbott, Raven Cheevan and about 20 or more we have had on the hill!! BS!

Every player received an extra year of eligibility for covid last year. So Karen cut Pancini who was coming off an ACL injury, sounds about right. Every one I talked to said she was a great teammate and I agree with Kregman’s assessment about her hitting. I can name Vines, koenig, Rowland, Aldrete, and 20 more.

Wrong on many different levels.

It's actually not wrong, but it's not a surprise that you're just blindly carrying water for UT coaches and don't know what you're talking about here. You defended Holly to the very cold and bitter end, IIRC.

Reactions: lvfan

VN Store

Back