Softball fall scrimmages to be streamed

I'd like them to reverse pitchers for the next game leave the same lineups just move the pitchers. Some of these freshmen look to have the bats need more information.

Haven’t got to watch much. These fall umps will not call a changeup for a strike. Slappers are the easiest outs in softball.

I noticed it seemed to start in the 2nd I will probably watch some only came in in the sixth live.

Could not really tell who started at short and 3rd for either team. Leftys just being on the mound looked good and how do we have two when we never could get one. Catchers looked good and defense not bad. I really did not hear many names but the sac bunt as in the past years still elusive! Enjoyed it even could not tell much!

I'm thinking Thompson looks like a freshmen that will play a lot she seems to be really athletic and can hit. This last freshman class looks like one of the best we've had in a while.

It is hard to tell anything from these scrimmages, but West looks like she has a good approach and could be a hitter. Mccachren at the very least can eat innings and might be quite good. Never have enough lefty pitchers.

Reactions: Majors
It is hard to tell anything from these scrimmages, but West looks like she has a good approach and could be a hitter. Mccachren at the very least can eat innings and might be quite good. Never have enough lefty pitchers.
Was CS sitting out these scrimmages? My stream was like the weather cloudy !

Mccachren is solid, agree if she can get into the rotation as a FR it'll be to eat up innings or mid-week game. My daughters team saw her this past summer for two innings, solid but will have to find a way to get into the rotation with what is coming back.

Mccachren is solid, agree if she can get into the rotation as a FR it'll be to eat up innings or mid-week game. My daughters team saw her this past summer for two innings, solid but will have to find a way to get into the rotation with what is coming back.
Innings eater sounds like a knock but where would we have been last year without Bender if the season went on. There are games that get away and you can really save the pitching staff with some depth. Plus, in the SEC the least you can show the other teams your best pitchers the better.

Just wondering as well if we will have Leach as the vol graduate assistant? She is not showing on the roster as such but CS is so i guess Leach may be moving along!

Last edited:
Talked to one of the fathers last spring said she was headed to law school. She is playing some pro ball over the summer. He said she had no long term interest in coaching. She could take the Karen route and become a lawyer and the coach! This from early last March so who knows now.

Last edited:
Reactions: sccshortstop

VN Store

Back