Softball Fall Preview

She did the same thing leading off. They have to fix her or will have to dp for her in sec play. The other coaches will be all over it.

I messed up earlier the roster numbers were off should have known it was Osbron at catcher and short.

Came back to watch Turner her control was off but her stuff is good. Ump not helping on corners. Pretty confident she is going to be a good one.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I was hoping the new guy would fix that maybe he still can. I guess after years of using a style hard habit to break but it is being called more and more and being automatically out is why it has to be fixed.

I'd put a pool noodle on the line to give her immediate feedback when she steps on it. After about 1,000 swings to get used to it there would be running involved every time she steps out.

Webber who I hadn't heard much about looks to be a solid left handed hitter with some pop. She has a nice swing. Turner if she can dial in her control (no I do not think we have another Sprang) is going to be really good. All the contact I saw (did not see all her pitching) was fairly weak and most swings were late. She has a nasty changeup. Ayala blasted one over the right field wall. Millroy will be a player and Chelsea looked like the All American she probably is today. These fall games are free and you can sit where you want I would recommend them if you get a chance.

Good reporting.....Thanks.

Turner sounds like she will fill the bill for a left handed pitcher....

Slap hitting for us is like the hearbreak of psoriasis....There has to be a way to keep the gals in the box.

Good reporting.....Thanks.

Turner sounds like she will fill the bill for a left handed pitcher....

Slap hitting for us is like the hearbreak of psoriasis....There has to be a way to keep the gals in the box.
I will say Parsons, Batts, and Treasury looked solid in staying in the box, and if anyone new was a slapper I didn’t see it. Webber was swinging away. The way they worked the home plate area yesterday it was leaving a darker color when the clay got turned so it was like a footprint staying there saying look at me.

The freshmen that I was certainly hoping would make a immediate impact on the team were Kiki who was the number two rated player in the Flo Softball 100. I really expected her to be in the starting lineup from day one. Turner number 14 in the 100 list was a pitcher that almost has to be very good for us to be a top team. You must have a solid number two and she is the player we recruited for that position granted probably not this season with Arnold supposedly returning. Since Arnold left she is now the top option even as a freshmen to take that position. I think Kiki is number three don't know how the transfer fits in if she can be an effective option against lefthanders everything helps. The third player was Webber number 27 of the top 100 was expecting her to take a job away either at first base or the outfield from Ayala or Morgan. However it turns out I really like what we have on offense as compared to last season a lot more power and explosive bats. Pitching other than our number one is a mystery we have four other prospects for the two and three pitching positions we'll have to see how that works out and how well the players can perform in those positions this coming season.

Do we have a 2 and 3 pitcher?
We have prospects they are gonna be freshmen. Callie Turner number 14 in the top one hundred is probably the top prospect. Kiki Malloy is also a very good pitcher who will also play a position supposed to be a very good hitter. Ralph said she was another Rainey Gaffin which would be awesome. Amanda Curran number 46 is another pitching prospect and number 114 Anna Hazelwood. Freshmen can be good we saw that in Rogers last season.

We have prospects they are gonna be freshmen. Callie Turner number 14 in the top one hundred is probably the top prospect. Kiki Malloy is also a very good pitcher who will also play a position supposed to be a very good hitter. Ralph said she was another Rainey Gaffin which would be awesome. Amanda Curran number 46 is another pitching prospect and number 114 Anna Hazelwood. Freshmen can be good we saw that in Rogers last season.
We need some solid contributors. GLV!!

It sounds like the LVs are loaded with pitchers for the first time I can remember.....Since the schedule appears to be loaded with top talented opponents, it will help to have a variety of arms to share the load....The pecking order will develop as the season progresses.

Looking forward to following these girls.....

We need one of these freshmen pitchers to be like Rogers and we'll be fine. I think Kiki Malloy will be fine as a third pitcher she was really impressive in high school as a pitcher. She is also a fabulous outfielder and hitter so she will be seeing a lot of different duties next season.

Don't know how we'll lime up but right now it looks like:

RF-Holcomb will lead off this is a great position for her because she is a person that depends on speed to get on base. I figure if she learns how to bunt effectively she will hit .400
2B-Parsons another mostly slapper who does have a little more power than Holcomb will bat second.
LF-Ayala was batting third in the games this past weekend don't know if that will hold has some competition from Webber and maybe Pacini
SS-Seagern was at SS in the games guess she is playing there to get Phillips in the lineup. Phillips is a catcher or third baseman
C-Shipman will probably bat fifth she has a lot of power and is the perfect backup for Seggern to get pitches to hit.
CF- Milloy looking for her to be a super hitter and player for us nothing she can't do very talented player.
3B- Phillips she showed a lot of power last season hopefully were looking at 20 homers and .300 average
1B-Morgan need a better year out of her or and expect she or Ayala will be challenged by Webber at their positions
DH- Webber or could be Hannon or a lot of different players. We seem to have a load of options this season the most we've had in a while.

Only two slappers will play a lot this season Holcomb and Parsons. Poindexter and Batts are back but they are mostly pinch runners.

Reactions: StrangeVol
We need one of these freshmen pitchers to be like Rogers and we'll be fine. I think Kiki Malloy will be fine as a third pitcher she was really impressive in high school as a pitcher. She is also a fabulous outfielder and hitter so she will be seeing a lot of different duties next season.

RF-Holcomb will lead off this is a great position for her because she is a person that depends on speed to get on base. I figure if she learns how to bunt effectively she will hit .400
2B-Parsons another mostly slapper who does have a little more power than Holcomb will bat second.
LF-Ayala was batting third in the games this past weekend don't know if that will hold has some competition from Webber and maybe Pacini
SS-Seagern was at SS in the games guess she is playing there to get Phillips in the lineup. Phillips is a catcher or third baseman
C-Shipman will probably bat fifth she has a lot of power and is the perfect backup for Seggern to get pitches to hit.
CF- Milloy looking for her to be a super hitter and player for us nothing she can't do very talented player.
3B- Phillips she showed a lot of power last season hopefully were looking at 20 homers and .300 average
1B-Morgan need a better year out of her or and expect she or Ayala will be challenged by Webber at their positions
DH- Webber or could be Hannon or a lot of different players. We seem to have a load of options this season the most we've had in a while.

Only two slappers will play a lot this season Holcomb and Parsons. Poindexter and Batts are back but they are mostly pinch runners.
Is Parsons going to play? I though she was going to medical redshirt. May be someone else I was thinking about.

Is Parsons going to play? I though she was going to medical redshirt. May be someone else I was thinking about.
No Parsons played a lot Saturday. You may have been thinking of Lockman last year but she has transferred I think. She sat out a medical redshirt and is now out west somewhere.

Good write up. I would disagree only on Holcomb needs to play in left only she is all world there so so in the other positions. Webber will work in somewhere from what i saw Saturday if Morgan cannot develop more of a power stroke she will be replaced by the freshman. They played KK McCrary at third most of first game she looked good defensively there. By the way the team as a whole looked sharp defensively.

VN Store

Back