Softball at the Mary Nutter Collegiate Classic

somebody needs to tell that kid that dead air is unacceptable for a broadcaster's career.

Today was such a bummer. I feel like I did following our Lady Vol Basketball Team's lay-down against Missouri a couple of weeks ago. Felt like they were very much alike. Our team just was not prepared, or did not really want to be there.

Hope they wake up. They are much better than what they showed today. Even Ellen got into the act.

So long Nr. 4. Will be much harder to get back there.

it's only the 3rd week of the season...the lineup isn't even set yet...did yall really think this team would go undefeated?? no it's still so early and we didn't lose to bad teams geez...they'll be okay

yes, you are correct.

Now, what was that phone number so we can cancel the "Fire Ralph & Karen Weekly" parade? :)

Nothing went right for us yesterday. Here's one example; Shipman makes a great play on a ball and fires to first. Tarango get's blinded by the sun and can't maket he catch and the ball goes by her. So someone from the dugout tosses Tarango some type of sunglasses. The very next pitch, the sun goes behind the mountain and Tarango tosses the shades back to the dug out.

Take no stock in the UCLA game yesterday. It was their first game of the tournament and we had just played 3 games in about 21 hours. The umps also made every call they could to keep us from having a chance. In my opinion Ralph got tossed on purpose to keep Karen from getting tossed. Karen was jawing all day with the umpires and at one point Ralph came running toward her, yelling at her to stop. You could hear Ralph daring the umpire to throw him out 2 or 3 times until they did. From what I gather, it would be much tougher for us if Karen got tossed rather than Ralph, and I'm sure Ralph is aware of that. That's just a personal opinion though.

somebody needs to tell that kid that dead air is unacceptable for a broadcaster's career.

As I said over on the other board, It's just the media relations guy trying to do something extra for the fans. They'll have a regular radio guy once SEC play starts.

You need to understand that this isn't all he's doing. While broadcasting these games, he is also scoring the game using the computer stats program that isn't always easy to navigate, checking stats, live-tweeting the game and doing the live blog.

Adding this to his plate was something UT did as a low-cost measure just to add an extra thing for the fans. Once they're done with preseason tournaments, the regular sponsored radio/internet broadcast schedule will begin with Mickey Dearstone or whoever fills in for him during basketball conflicts. If you want to complain about those, you'll be well within your rights, as someone will be there specifically to broadcast.

Certainly UT would prefer to send a broadcaster to these early tournaments, but it's very expensive to do so and no one has stepped up to pick up the tab. It's also risky because not all of these locations have the internet or phone lines at each field necessary to do a broadcast. Using a mobile broadband card works, but can be spotty, and you can't have spotty when sponsors are paying for it.

he is doing better right now.. but just miscalled a ground rule double as a homerun...lol

Deerpark's post makes since because he doesn't seem to always have full concentration so now we know it's because he is doing so many other things. He's a nice guy, I said hi to him and told him he does a great job.

Speaking of saving money; I think if our team would have flew to Palm Springs instead of LA we would have won both of those games Friday. I think that extra 3 hours rest could have made a world of difference when you look at that frantic schedule starting from the time they board the plane in Knoxville.

LA is one of cheapest air ports and Palm Springs has cut a lot of flights over the years, driving up prices. I'm guessing $10-$15K was saved by going to LA, but it did cost us two games imo. Our future should involve expanding that stadium and maybe we can afford things like broadcasters and more convenient flights.

Lady Vols pictures

Attachments

• Cathedral City 1.jpg
    Cathedral City 1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Cathedral City 2.jpg
    Cathedral City 2.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Cathedral City 3.jpg
    Cathedral City 3.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Cathedral City 5.jpg