Soccer Fans - Picking an EPL Team

They made top four last year in the premier league. Am I incorrect in thinking that is all you need to make the champions league?

If you come in fourth, you still need to win a two legged tie against another team to qualify. Arsenal beat Celtic last year to qualify.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I personally am a Liverpool fan. Steven Gerrard is an amazing player, and is from the Liverpool area, and they are on ESPN several times every year. If I were you, I wouldn't go with Spurs, they'll be in Champions League this coming season, but their qualifying was a bit of an anomaly. Typically Liverpool will fill out that 4th spot, but they had a lot of injuries, and simply didn't play very well this past year. If you go with Arsenal, that's not a bad choice either, but if you like seeing Van Persie play you might be a bit disappointed. He can't ever seem to stay healthy through a whole season.

Panthro, Watch Green Street Hooligans. Then it will be hard for you not to be a West Ham fan...

Then, watch them play and it won't be so difficult. Their goalie is the same guy who gave up that cheap goal to the US. If you're wanting to see the top players in the world, avoid West Ham, no big names at all on that team.

Also, kind of surprised no one mentioned Man City. Big time rival of Man U, and several world class players on that squad. They had a decent team, and their owners seem willing to spend the money its going to take to compete at the top of the EPL.

I've been an Arsenal fan since I first watched Henry. That plus you have to like a club with cannons on their crest.

Also, kind of surprised no one mentioned Man City. Big time rival of Man U, and several world class players on that squad. They had a decent team, and their owners seem willing to spend the money its going to take to compete at the top of the EPL.

People mentioned Man City...

Seriously though, in the case of this thread. Watch some games, see whose style and players you like. Go with that.

Watch other leagues, too. Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Scottish, Turkish, Russian, French: there are tons of leagues and pretty much all have some good teams.

and German, cant forget Bundesliga

I enjoy watching spanish league games, too. I just really care about picking a good EPL team to follow.
by the way, I went home and watched Green Street Hooligans. I not only do not want to pull for West Ham, but I will also make sure to never go to one of their games...whenever I might make it across the pond in the future.

I enjoy watching spanish league games, too. I just really care about picking a good EPL team to follow.
by the way, I went home and watched Green Street Hooligans. I not only do not want to pull for West Ham, but I will also make sure to never go to one of their games...whenever I might make it across the pond in the future.

West Ham was also represented in an IT Crowd episode.

Kind of funny someone else is doing this. My wife thinks I'm crazy/pathetic.

Oh well.

I'm also currently down to Arsenal and Liverpool.

Everton is a good team. Timmy Howard in goal, can't beat that. Manchester City is pretty decent too and starting to come on in the league. Carlos Tevez is a goal scoring machine.

Watching Bendtner (Denmark) and van Persie (Netherlands) play right now. These guys are both studs.

I've been following Everton FC. Another team I'm keeping an eye on is Newcastle United, since they're returning to the Premier League.

Kind of funny someone else is doing this. My wife thinks I'm crazy/pathetic.

Oh well.

I'm also currently down to Arsenal and Liverpool.

That blood-red Liverpool kit is pretty cool. Fernando Torres is fun to watch, but I wanted to pick a team from London. My wife and I plan to visit Europe sometime soon, and it would be fun to be able to catch a game while I'm there.

That blood-red Liverpool kit is pretty cool. Fernando Torres is fun to watch, but I wanted to pick a team from London. My wife and I plan to visit Europe sometime soon, and it would be fun to be able to catch a game while I'm there.

He is, but as a Liverpool supporter, it has been frustrating that he can't seem to stay healthy throughout a whole season since they signed him.

Alright EPL fans, I need to pick a team.
I just recently got Fox Soccer Channel, and I love it for everything it offers. I've just realized that I hardly ever care who wins when watching an EPL match (unless someone is playing Man U).
I want to pick a team that is good, but not huge-bandwagon-good. I at least want to feel confident that my team would be in the Champions League as much as possible.
I want a team without a lot of French players, and possibly a team with cool uniforms. I have noticed that I love Liverpool's blood red jerseys.
I know that if I were to ever visit the area, it would be to London, so I might like to pick a team from there.

This has left me to choose between four teams.

Tottenham Hotspur- Don't know a lot about them, but I'm willing to learn. I know they have a lot of players for the England squad. They haven't finished in the top four since 1993.
Fulham - I know nothing more than Clint Dempsey plays for them.
Arsenal - I would like to consider them, but they have a lot of French players, and I read their list of celebrity fans. They include Fidel Castro, John Gotti, Michael Moore and Osama Bin Laden.
Chelsea - This is the team I'm probably MOST considering at this point. I already like a few of their players. Drogba is reason enough to support a team. However, I have a friend that is a Tottenham fan, and he said picking Chelsea is almost as bad as picking MU. Still, Chelsea has to be my leader right now.

I'd love to hear thoughts and opinions from other EPL fans on this board.
Get out.

VN Store

Back