So, you all were so anxious to get with Nike, huh?

3rd time this season it has happened, apparently. Imagine the explosions that could occur when football cleats dig into to the turf on a quick cut.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/embed/LZ_d05Lp-s8[/youtube]

Most of the shoe makers use the same process to make their products. This process cost only pennies to make shoes and they sell them for outrageous prices. They are almost as skilled as Drug and Oil Companies and at ripping off the consumers.

Reactions: 1 person
3rd time this season it has happened, apparently. Imagine the explosions that could occur when football cleats dig into to the turf on a quick cut.

Poor guy. He probably paid full price for a Chinese knockoff Jordans.

When it comes to running, believe me, there are big differences in any shoe you wear. Some provide comfort, but are too heavy with no flex in them. Others are light, with no support. Then there are those that are just right.

A runner is the best test of a shoes comfort and performance. If I can run a 5k and my feet and knees don't hurt, then I'm sold on that shoe.

I'm talking about in terms of quality. Most of the major companies make shoes that have varying degrees of support or cushioning which are important for running

What are you OP, an Adidas rep? Yes, I'm very excited to get with Nike. Will do nothing but help boost our athletic programs, period.

So you have one (or two, the video cites two other examples, but only one of those players wears Nike) blowouts and now you're off the Nike wagon?

I think two shoe failures in one NBA season is a pretty good average. Happens to every company in a sample size like that.

I've defended Adidas for a long time because they've been a great partner and provided excellent gear. I expect Nike to be a great partner with gear that is equal or better than what we have been receiving.

Part of that defending has been pointing out that you can't judge a whole company on a small amount of problems. All companies have issues if you look hard enough.

Last edited:
So out of the hundreds, if not thousands, of games played in a season this only happened 3 times and yet your upset with those odds. Trying to see the logic, got a whole lot of nothing.

May the odds be forever in your favor.:yes:

Nike is cheap garbage, BUT the kids love their crap for some reason. Their shoes blowing apart is fing embarrassing! I dread seeing that crap on our athletes. They'll probably look like clowns.

Being a Nike school is all about brand management. Arguing over performance advantages especially in football is pointless.

I only use Asics shoes for running, but that's only because I know what to expect when I buy a pair. If you run properly, shoes don't matter. If your knees hurt when your shoes wear down, then you're doing it wrong.

Ok 1st off Jordan's are garbage when it comes to actual basketball shoes. I've been playing hoops for over 30 years both competitivly and reacreation leagues, those shoes are garbage. I did own a pair of Jordan cleats once to play softball in and liked them but for basketball I would never own them. Now Jordan's are mostly worn for style. As far as Nike basketball shoes go, I wouldn't buy them. The new Adidas that Derek Rose has his name assigned to are very good shoes, light weight, good support etc.

When we switch to Nike our gear will look good but I'm skeptical about the shoes.

Ok 1st off Jordan's are garbage when it comes to actual basketball shoes. I've been playing hoops for over 30 years both competitivly and reacreation leagues, those shoes are garbage. I did own a pair of Jordan cleats once to play softball in and liked them but for basketball I would never own them. Now Jordan's are mostly worn for style. As far as Nike basketball shoes go, I wouldn't buy them. The new Adidas that Derek Rose has his name assigned to are very good shoes, light weight, good support etc.

When we switch to Nike our gear will look good but I'm skeptical about the shoes.

Sure helped him stay healthy...

I staged a one man boycott against NIKE dating to the early 90s due to kids killing other kids for 200.00+ shoes that cost a few bucks to produce in impoverished countries....utilizing child and pregnant orphan labor....I gravitated toward New Balance and other manufacturers that didn't use paid endorsements....but Nike apparel looks good and since I've almost bankrupted these evildoers I'll buy my first Nike manufactured gear since Arsenio Hall was top dog in late night programming....Bo still hawking Cross-Trainers? :cool:

I staged a one man boycott against NIKE dating to the early 90s due to kids killing other kids for 200.00+ shoes that cost a few bucks to produce in impoverished countries....utilizing child and pregnant orphan labor....I gravitated toward New Balance and other manufacturers that didn't use paid endorsements....but Nike apparel looks good and since I've almost bankrupted these evildoers I'll buy my first Nike manufactured gear since Arsenio Hall was top dog in late night programming....Bo still hawking Cross-Trainers? :cool:

Keep up the good fight. We are all counting on you.

So you have one (or two, the video cites two other examples, but only one of those players wears Nike) blowouts and now you're off the Nike wagon?

I think two shoe failures in one NBA season is a pretty good average. Happens to every company in a sample size like that.

I've defended Adidas for a long time because they've been a great partner and provided excellent gear. I expect Nike to be a great partner with gear that is equal or better than what we have been receiving.

Part of that defending has been pointing out that you can't judge a whole company on a small amount of problems. All companies have issues if you look hard enough.

Shoes actually fail all the time, it's just the nature of the beast when these 200+ lb players put so much stress on them. My argurment against Jordan's has nothing to do with them failing this guy but the fact they're just not as comfortable to play in as Adidas

VN Store

Back