So, you all were so anxious to get with Nike, huh?

So out of the hundreds, if not thousands, of games played in a season this only happened 3 times and yet your upset with those odds. Trying to see the logic, got a whole lot of nothing.

What athletic shoe would you rank above Nike?

For Running

New Balance, Saucany, Inov8(my personal favorite), Asics, Brooks are all better than Nike

The selections are so limited for Athletes in other sports since Nike, Adidas, and UA corner the market, its not much choice. It is well know that Nike puts more effort into design and style and catching the eye of people willing to line their pockets because of the name rather than performance, comfort, and reliability. They are in the job of making your feet look good and less concerned with everything else. Look at what most runners wear( that aren't being endorsed by Nike) and you will not see many swooshes.

JMHO

Reactions: 6 people
So out of the hundreds, if not thousands, of games played in a season this only happened 3 times and yet your upset with those odds. Trying to see the logic, got a whole lot of nothing.
So it happened 3 times and all with Nike shoes and no other shoe maker had this issue and you don't get the logic? :unsure:

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah Nike has just about killed bama, Florida, lsu, Texas, USC.. Not sure how they're hanging on...

I bet Usain Bolt isn't fast without his Puma gear.

Nike is great at marketing. You can look at VN and see that. The athletes make Nike look good, not the other way around. That's why they pay big bucks for the greatest athletes to wear their gear. Its about money

Reactions: 6 people
For Running

New Balance, Saucany, Inov8(my personal favorite), Asics, Brooks are all better than Nike

The selections are so limited for Athletes in other sports since Nike, Adidas, and UA corner the market, its not much choice. It is well know that Nike puts more effort into design and style and catching the eye of people willing to line their pockets because of the name rather than performance, comfort, and reliability. They are in the job of making your feet look good and less concerned with everything else. Look at what most runners wear( that aren't being endorsed by Nike) and you will not see many swooshes.

JMHO

For basketball, Jordan's are the best IMO. I have had ligament reconstructive surgery on my ankle, and I can tell you Jordan's are by far the most supportive for my feet. I always liked playing in high top Reebox as well. They aren't flashy; however, the comfort is very good for the cheap price. I was never a fan of Addidas or plain Nikes. For running, as you stated, Nike nor UA or Addidas, hold a candle to brooks, asics, etc.

So it happened 3 times and all with Nike shoes and no other shoe maker had this issue and you don't get the logic? :unsure:

It was never stated that other brands did/didn't have any problems. Wait a minute, my brooks just came untied I better get ahead of this buy a different brand. :loco: Also, you know its the off season when this actually passes for a topic worth discussing.

they're all pretty much the same. anyone who thinks one is any better than the other is easily duped

3rd time this season it has happened, apparently. Imagine the explosions that could occur when football cleats dig into to the turf on a quick cut.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/embed/LZ_d05Lp-s8[/youtube]

Dang bunch of women sewing together those nikes. Figures.

For basketball, Jordan's are the best IMO. I have had ligament reconstructive surgery on my ankle, and I can tell you Jordan's are by far the most supportive for my feet. I always liked playing in high top Reebox as well. They aren't flashy; however, the comfort is very good for the cheap price. I was never a fan of Addidas or plain Nikes. For running, as you stated, Nike nor UA or Addidas, hold a candle to brooks, asics, etc.

I don't absolutely hate Nike as far as gear. I've never had any Jordan's, so I can't give an honest opinion on them

they're all pretty much the same. anyone who thinks one is any better than the other is easily duped

When it comes to running, believe me, there are big differences in any shoe you wear. Some provide comfort, but are too heavy with no flex in them. Others are light, with no support. Then there are those that are just right.

A runner is the best test of a shoes comfort and performance. If I can run a 5k and my feet and knees don't hurt, then I'm sold on that shoe.

:unsure:
I'm pretty sure basketball is going Nike. Nike needs to get called out on this if it did happen three times this year. Lets not act like there is nothing wrong here.

better yet, let's try not to act like this is some kind of epic disaster. Even the best companies have a design or manufacturing issue from time to time. So, Nike has a problem with a shoe line. If it was a car blowing up, freak out. It's a shoe falling apart. Not what I call a major crisis.

Nike is more fashion than function. Basketball shoes are ok, cleats are ok, but everything else is subpar functionally. Golf shoes are terrible and are smoked by Taylormade/Adidas. Running shoes are smoked by Brooks, Asics, NB, and others.

Nike is junk and gained popularity in the 80's with celebrity pimps selling it. Their golf clubs and balls are total trash too. Nike is popular because of two people. Bo Jackson and Michael Jordan.

Yeah, football cleats and basketball shoes are the same thing.
THIS JUST IN...oranges taste just like apples.:)

GO VOLS!

Nike is junk and gained popularity in the 80's with celebrity pimps selling it. Their golf clubs and balls are total trash too. Nike is popular because of two people. Bo Jackson and Michael Jordan.

Appreciate the fun fact of the day. Guess the 80's was the last time you wore pair???

And your problem is probably not with your golf clubs but the guy holding em. Keep that front shoulder straight captain Hook. 40 hours a week and Barkley's golf instructor couldn't fix your funk.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back