So who is gonna come through with $$$NIL to keep a few guys around.

Volnation we need a big money man to put Hooker, Evans, Mays and possibly Young to stay. They are all NFL maybes accept for Mays and would do them good to stick around and up stock.
If they get a high enough draft grade they are gone and who can blame them? If they do get that high draft grade, from their perspective why would you hang around for another year and risk injury or a poor performance and have their draft stock fall?

Basillo is speaking of 5* basketball guys at Ky & other places. I don’t know why they aren’t. They been getting 6 figures plus up there for decades.
Even there it’s probably just one or two guys tops getting that. Not the whole roster.

Set up a go fund me for 5*-1. The first 5* that commits get the fund at signing. Get 25 running and see how fast they top out. There’s a lot of Vol fans that would donate $5 each. That’s a stack.
Fairly sure this would be illegal

Set up a go fund me for 5*-1. The first 5* that commits get the fund at signing. Get 25 running and see how fast they top out. There’s a lot of Vol fans that would donate $5 each. That’s a stack.

LOL we couldn’t raise $100k on the Volunteer Spirit Go Fund Me.

Off top of my head, these Knoxvillians are pretty loaded.

Littons
Proffitts
Goodfriends
Regal movies
Regas
Dolly Parton\Sevierville

What you guys need to remember is that businesses aren't going to shell out money for these athletes unless they see a clear ROI. Boosters filling a duffle bag full of cash is a different thing entirely.

Having said that, I'd love to have athletes out for NIL events at Dick's House of Sport. Our first is 12/4 with Evan Russell. He'll be coming out to play wiffleball with folks on our field. He'll sign autographs and take pics. It will make him some money and bring clear value to the store. https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/...t#id=wiffle-ball-tournament-with-evan-russell

I'd love to hear ideas on NIL events that you think could work there. Like I said, I've got an idea for Hendon Hooker, but he's waiting until after the regular season to make the commitment.

Off top of my head, these Knoxvillians are pretty loaded.

Littons
Proffitts
Goodfriends
Regal movies
Regas
Dolly Parton\Sevierville
Well at least of your list - I think Dolly is still operational and hasn’t filed bankruptcy- most of the others not so much.
Litton’s is still around. You go back to the 60’s to come up with your list.

Well at least of your list - I think Dolly is still operational and hasn’t filed bankruptcy- most of the others not so much.
Litton’s is still around. You go back to the 60’s to come up with your list.
Lol. Yes. I’m a 60s baby.

there have been rumors of discontent at Bama for exactly what you're mentioning.

I read young takes care of the Oline. Besides people are dreaming/wishing this stuff up. If a guy doesn't do his job he's not only hurting his stock but he's liable to end up on the bench

I read young takes care of the Oline. Besides people are dreaming/wishing this stuff up. If a guy doesn't do his job he's not only hurting his stock but he's liable to end up on the bench

the NIL is not going to be what 95% of the fans envision at all. 98% of athletes will get little to nothing..

Reactions: CAVPUT
What you guys need to remember is that businesses aren't going to shell out money for these athletes unless they see a clear ROI. Boosters filling a duffle bag full of cash is a different thing entirely.

This is well stated. NIL is not a charity or back room recruiting satchel. Businesses will want the services of great athletes to tap into the sport fan market and now they have this new source to tap into this market. Lots of misunderstanding of NIL.

Reactions: Panthro
Reactions: AdoptedVOL

VN Store

Back