So who is gonna come through with $$$NIL to keep a few guys around.

Volnation we need a big money man to put Hooker, Evans, Mays and possibly Young to stay. They are all NFL maybes accept for Mays and would do them good to stick around and up stock.
So....how much are you tossing in the pot?

Volnation we need a big money man to put Hooker, Evans, Mays and possibly Young to stay. They are all NFL maybes accept for Mays and would do them good to stick around and up stock.

Evans likely would not be eligible academically. Wouldn't waste money on him

Wonder how it will work when games like EA NCAA comes out.
Will students have to contract through the school or EA?

school cannot contract NIL deals for players. Players can have agents or representatives who get them deals and the student is required to then complete documentation to give to the school on their NIL deal. But the school risk sanctions for getting involved in procuring deals for athletes.

school cannot contract NIL deals for players. Players can have agents or representatives who get them deals and the student is required to then complete documentation to give to the school on their NIL deal. But the school risk sanctions for getting involved in procuring deals for athletes.
Ok was just wondering since the game would have the school name and logos, how would that work with the players/students

Ok was just wondering since the game would have the school name and logos, how would that work with the players/students

INSTITUTIONAL MARKS/LOGOS AND CONTENT

Student-athletes may request use of UT-related marks and/or logos for NIL activities by contacting the Senior Associate Athletics Director for Revenue Generation & Strategic Initiatives. Marks and/or logos may only be used with the express written permission of UT. Inquiries regarding personal content (e.g., logos, graphics, imagery) may be directed to the Senior Associate Athletics Director for External Operations.

they had those positions named but I removed the names..

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
We have some opportunities coming soon at Dickā€™s House of Sport. Our first NIL event is with Evan Russell in two weeks, and Iā€™ve proposed something for Hendon. We we shall see!

Reactions: 1985Vols
How much effort is a lineman that isn't getting any money going to expend to block for a QB or RB that's getting ten's or hundreds of thousands of dollars?

How much effort is a lineman that isn't getting any money going to expend to block for a QB or RB that's getting ten's or hundreds of thousands of dollars?

there have been rumors of discontent at Bama for exactly what you're mentioning.

I would seriously consider offering NIL deals to UT athletes for my business, but my concern is that none are very recognizable. Fulkerson and A. Taylor have deals right now because they are the most recognized athletes.

Serious question - what current UT athletes would you recognize if they were included in an ad for a business?

I don't get why we are behind the 8 ball with NIL? When I first heard about it, I thought we'd be a program that benefited from it greatly

I have no clue what some of you look at but Hooker can't leave and the UGA game showed that, Evans can't complete an entire game so he can't leave, Young hasn't done anything to expect him to leave, and Mays will go and likely be about a 4-7 rd pick.

I don't get why we are behind the 8 ball with NIL? When I first heard about it, I thought we'd be a program that benefited from it greatly

Why would you think that hell we haven't brought in many prize recruits in a while now. The boosters been lost their love for the BIG payouts in football. We'll never get the Zach Evans, Nolen types when we can't guarantee them benefits when it's now legal. It's embarrassing to see how cheap UT has become when it comes to helping football.

Reactions: Godfatha
Basilio would have you believe kids at other sec schools are getting 6 figures. They arenā€™t

Basillo is speaking of 5* basketball guys at Ky & other places. I donā€™t know why they arenā€™t. They been getting 6 figures plus up there for decades.

We have some opportunities coming soon at Dickā€™s House of Sport. Our first NIL event is with Evan Russell in two weeks, and Iā€™ve proposed something for Hendon. We we shall see!

will you be discussing it on the Dick's House of Sport podcast?

I would seriously consider offering NIL deals to UT athletes for my business, but my concern is that none are very recognizable. Fulkerson and A. Taylor have deals right now because they are the most recognized athletes.

Serious question - what current UT athletes would you recognize if they were included in an ad for a business?
Hooker and Tillman. Tillman a likely All SEC player at the end of this year

VN Store

Back