So who do you hire?

I can't comment. I'm only saying what I read.

"Aided by the strength of the Tennessee brand in women's basketball, Warlick has recruited well throughout her tenure, luring the nation's top-ranked class in 2017 and backing that up with a pair of top-10 classes in 2018 and 2019. One of her biggest recruiting coups was persuading Zaay Green to reopen her recruitment and choose Tennessee after the Class of 2018's No. 10 prospect had previously committed to Kansas. "If Tennessee is calling on the phone, kids are still going to stop and pay attention," said Dan Olson, owner of the Collegiate Girls Basketball Report. "The Tennessee name still resonates with kids. They're still pulling some of the top players year after year." "

Why one of college basketball’s greatest streaks could be in peril Monday night

I gotcha I was just commenting on what I read and what Zaay and even her mom (she posted on twitter) said when everyone wanted to make it clear she didn’t recruit a committed kid. Her mom also said something to the effect being an educator that made her respect Holly more that she left Zaay alone until she decommitted.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
No one has mentioned it yet but since this seems
To be the coaching thread I saw today that LSU AD and coaching staff agreed to not accept invite to WNIT. Looks like writing is on the wall for NF

Reactions: feathersax
No one has mentioned it yet but since this seems
To be the coaching thread I saw today that LSU AD and coaching staff agreed to not accept invite to WNIT. Looks like writing is on the wall for NF
Interesting. But I also wonder if the reason might be financial. How much does it cost to send a team to the WNIT, and how much money does it produce for each participating team? Surely the WNIT doesn't generate much TV money...

Reactions: feathersax
Interesting. But I also wonder if the reason might be financial. How much does it cost to send a team to the WNIT, and how much money does it produce for each participating team? Surely the WNIT doesn't generate much TV money...
The Women's "Not In Tournament"? Auuugho_O

Possible I suppose but if that’s the reason it’s a bad look for recruiting.

I think Joni Taylor gave the candid reason a lot of programs don't accept a WNIT bid: "We come to Georgia to play in the NCAA tournament. So we will not take a bid to the NIT if given one."

Ark is the only SEC team that accepted a WNIT bid, and it's probably their last. Neighbors will have them in the NCAAT next year.

I think Joni Taylor gave the candid reason a lot of programs don't accept a WNIT bid: "We come to Georgia to play in the NCAA tournament. So we will not take a bid to the NIT if given one."

Ark is the only SEC team that accepted a WNIT bid, and it's probably their last. Neighbors will have them in the NCAAT next year.

I agree, NIT is great for programs on the rise that haven't been to the post season for a long time, like Arkansas. Teams like Georgia and LSU that are often in the NCAA tournament usually decline.

A lot of coaches also consider the health of their teams. No sense in playing in a tournament that doesn't mean anything and risking injury to one of your better players for next season.

I don't think LSU declining says anything at all about Fargas' job security.

I agree, NIT is great for programs on the rise that haven't been to the post season for a long time, like Arkansas. Teams like Georgia and LSU that are often in the NCAA tournament usually decline.

A lot of coaches also consider the health of their teams. No sense in playing in a tournament that doesn't mean anything and risking injury to one of your better players for next season.

Alleva and LSU are known for declining. Pretty sure Fulmer would have done the same. Nikki's gotta be feeling the heat, though.

Entering it would put her job in jeopardy to the real LSU fans

Man I really like the way Drake's offense looks, they have a great young coach, Jennie Barancyzk. She has done a really nice job there. If we decide to go the cheap/young route she deserve a look.

Their offense is miles ahead of anything Holly has ever put together. Tons of movement, good transition game, lots of slip screens and nice crisp passes.

You know there are plenty available. And, let’s admit, Tennessee isn’t close to the team they used to be. Struggling to break even in the SEC or make it to the NCAA’s. Unthinkable a few years ago. I’ll just mention one coach that could make a difference in the LV program...Betsy Harris. Look her up!!
I really like Betsy Harris. I like Mark Campbell also. BTW, neither of these coaches are members of the Trade Federation. LOL

Reactions: Bighairlol
He’d be my top choice, for sure. I fully believe that he is capable of leading next year’s Lady Vols — as long as noone transfers this year — to near the top of the SEC, to at at least the Elite 8 in the NCAA Tournament, and to the Final Four in his second season.

And I imagine he’d actually love the chance to coach at Tennessee and, particularly, this underdeveloped group of Lady Vols, if it weren’t getting so close to Blair’s retirement.
He’s building something great at Miss State, why would he leave?

Reactions: BUBear
I’ll admit haven’t paid much attention to the LV since Summit retired, but I’m an alum of Union U. In Jackson, and have thought about their WBB coach wondering would UT even give someone like him a sniff. Won the NAIA Ntl Championship multiple times and they have moved up to Div. 2 and been successful there as well in their first couple of seasons. I’m guessing he probably won’t get any consideration, but he’s definitely been successful at multiple levels.

Reactions: Nute Gunray
Well, the first hire Jeff Walz thread of the day. Jeff is very happy and well compensated at U of L. What makes everyone so sure that he would jump at the chance to coach UT? I'll hang up and listen to your answer.
No one is “sure”. He’s done a great job at your school and that makes him a desirable candidate.

I’ll admit haven’t paid much attention to the LV since Summit retired, but I’m an alum of Union U. In Jackson, and have thought about their WBB coach wondering would UT even give someone like him a sniff. Won the NAIA Ntl Championship multiple times and they have moved up to Div. 2 and been successful there as well in their first couple of seasons. I’m guessing he probably won’t get any consideration, but he’s definitely been successful at multiple levels.
Absolutely. Mark Campbell - Head Coach - Staff Directory - Union University Athletics

He's an Aggie. His dream job is in College Station. If he ever leaves MSST he'll trade maroon and white for maroon and white.
Far as you know. You’ve been known to be wrong...a lot.

VN Store

Back