So Nick Saban Doesn't Like NIL

I was just trying to figure out who Nick Sabin was 🤷‍♂️I kid dudes a douche canoe honestly and from what I hear he's prob a couple years out from stepping down.He ain't got much else to prove he's not going to ruin his resume trying to fight everyone over NIL.Just makes him look foolish after his million dollar remarks last year.Hes quiet literally the one coach who has no room to ever talk about players get paid period..!

I have doubts Bama has been doing anything different from other schools in that regard. Saban wins because he's a great salesman and gets the best players. As a coach he isn't much above average.
Same as Fulmer.

This is incredibly dumb. Saban is the gold standard of coaches. You don’t win like he does if you can’t coach.

This is incredibly dumb. Saban is the gold standard of coaches. You don’t win like he does if you can’t coach.

What did Spurrier say when he was still coaching at S. Carolina? "He ought to be winning more championships; he gets the best players every year," or something similar to it. Why didn't he win big in the NFL? Maybe because everybody else had equal or similar talent?

That’s absolutely patently false. Saban is one of the best coaches regardless of talent in the NCAA. He’s a cheater but give the devil his due.
IDK, if you look at that team talent composite which formulates the talent on a team each year after roster movement (it only goes back to 2015), he's had the No. 1 most talented team 5 times but he only has 3 national championships in that time. I'm half kidding. I think he's a really good coach and recruiting is a huge part of coaching in CFB but he wasn't THAT dominant as he is now until he got to Alabama and had the most talent almost every year. I think Bama had the #1 recruiting class on the composite 5 out of 6 years between 2009 and 2014 and he won 3 in that time period also.

Last edited:
I would not be surprised to see Alabama lose 2 games this year in the regular season. I think NS will soon be out in retirement life living it up somewhere and Alabama will come back to the pack a wee little bit. Tennessee is about to awaken the days of the 90s and own the SEC again.

Ok i can dream

If you have mastered the rules for one game, of course you’re going to be upset when everyone else switches to play another.

I was just trying to figure out who Nick Sabin was 🤷‍♂️I kid dudes a douche canoe honestly and from what I hear he's prob a couple years out from stepping down.He ain't got much else to prove he's not going to ruin his resume trying to fight everyone over NIL.Just makes him look foolish after his million dollar remarks last year.Hes quiet literally the one coach who has no room to ever talk about players get paid period..!

He is an old dog and this is a new trick. Doubt that he ever learns the NIL game.

Plus, always remember....Tennessee has eleven billionaires. Alabama has zero.

I have doubts Bama has been doing anything different from other schools in that regard. Saban wins because he's a great salesman and gets the best players. As a coach he isn't much above average.
Same as Fulmer.
No bama fan but that's just wrong. Saban will change what needs to be changed on the field where as a lot of coaches get stuck in their way and it's not changing

What did Spurrier say when he was still coaching at S. Carolina? "He ought to be winning more championships; he gets the best players every year," or something similar to it. Why didn't he win big in the NFL? Maybe because everybody else had equal or similar talent?
Franchise QB. Didn’t have one. That’s on him for picking Daunte Culpepper over Drew Brees, but if he had a Tom Brady like his mentor did, I’d forecast similar success.

I don’t think he’s ever taken a back seat on either X’s and O’s or installing fundamentals to any HC in history and in installing culture and winning mentality (the Process), he has no peer in the college game. So I disagree with you.
No doubt. Stats don’t lie. If it was as easy as just talent UGA and OSU would have more championships.

Reactions: butchna
Because you can dictate to college players but that doesn’t work with NFL...unless you’ve won enough to be a jerk. Patriots have been the beneficiary of this exception.

I would not be surprised to see Alabama lose 2 games this year in the regular season. I think NS will soon be out in retirement life living it up somewhere and Alabama will come back to the pack a wee little bit. Tennessee is about to awaken the days of the 90s and own the SEC again.

Ok i can dream

Hopefully we are 1 of the 2

Reactions: cwbytruckers
I think that is the most clear-cut sign yet that NLI will be good for college football. If Sabin didn’t think that it was going to chip away at his massive talent advantage over everyone else… He wouldn’t be rooting against it. And as always he is a hypocrite. He went out of his way over and over and over again to let recruits know how much their quarterback made before he ever played a game. But no we’re seeing other teams such as ta&m and even us land recruits that might not have looked at us a couple of years ago.
A couple of years ago I really theres nothing that can be done to take away this monopoly of recruiting they have at Alabama. Aside from Georgia nobody else really even should be able to compete with them based on talent alone. But I am now convinced that NLI is what’s needed. They can’t create opportunity for their entire roster. So imo that means the talent is going to more evenly distributed going forward. Awesome Development!!!

WOW! I would place a wager this dude has paid players illegally at BAMA without getting caught since the day he set foot on that campus. Now that it is legal what is he concerned he'll have more competition for the best players?
When his players have flashed 100s like a deck of cards on Twitter and Instagram. They've been paying players since he's been there.

Reactions: butchna
little Nicky stood proud at the SEC meetings telling everyone his QB, who’d never started a game, “already has a million dollars in NIL money”. It was a recruiting pitch to all other players “come to Alabama, see what we do”.
Now that others get to play, Nicky don’t like it.

Well that’s too bad. FNS

No bama fan but that's just wrong. Saban will change what needs to be changed on the field where as a lot of coaches get stuck in their way and it's not changing

Of course nobody knows because it's impossible to create the situation to prove one way or another but I believe he wins primarily because he has the player talent advantage.

I would bet that Bill Snyder or Chris Petersen would win 8 out of ten games against him if they had equal player talent with which to work.

No doubt. Stats don’t lie. If it was as easy as just talent UGA and OSU would have more championships.
Since 2015 when 247 started doing the team talent composite, Alabama has had the #1 most talented team 5 times, Ohio State has had the #1 most talented team once and Georgia has had the most talented team once. In that time period, Alabama has 3 national championships and Georgia has 1. Ohio State has 0. Pure talent advantage says Saban should have more. The other 3 national championships 2015-21 belong to Clemson and LSU. LSU was ranked #5 in 2019 (but had the best QB) when they won it. Clemson was ranked #9 and #6 in 2016 and 2018 respectively when they won it (but had the best QB).

Since 2015 when 247 started doing the team talent composite, Alabama has had the #1 most talented team 5 times, Ohio State has had the #1 most talented team once and Georgia has had the most talented team once. In that time period, Alabama has 3 national championships and Georgia has 1. Ohio State has 0. Pure talent advantage says Saban should have more. The other 3 national championships 2015-21 belong to Clemson and LSU. LSU was ranked #5 in 2019 (but had the best QB) when they won it. Clemson was ranked #9 and #6 in 2016 and 2018 respectively when they won it (but had the best QB).

Different source but you can check this site, click on a team in the upper right and see the results for the past 15 or 20 years. Nobody close to Alabama.

https://public.tableau.com/app/prof...tballRecruitingClassRankingsbyYear/Dashboard1

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol

Do you consider Spurrier a good coach? Look what he did in the NFL. The NFL and college is totally different. So Saban should win more? That’s laughable. He has built the greatest football dynasty ever. You don’t get that without the ability to coach.

So you think Fulmer could have had the amount of success Saban has had if given the same talent? By all means, what in your opinion constitutes a good coach in college?

While true where did OSU rank in talent those years Bama was #1? #2 maybe #3? It’s not like they were 10th or 15th. It’s incredibly difficult to win every single year. Virtually no team in any sport can do that.

VN Store

Back