So Nick Saban Doesn't Like NIL

WOW! I would place a wager this dude has paid players illegally at BAMA without getting caught since the day he set foot on that campus. Now that it is legal what is he concerned he'll have more competition for the best players?

OFCOURSE he did. It's literally public knowledge. Where do you think the Bama charger meme came from...

Saban and Bama have literally had the entire SEC office and NCAA in their pockets. They are masters at playing that game.

The NIL is Saban's worst nightmare because it greatly levels the playing field against them.

The Nico recruitment has left him flustered. Cheating illegally, he had top QBs waiting for him to miss on higher priorities (like Arch Manning), now they’re gone and recruiting for other teams who prioritized them earlier. The promise of that bag by one of his fellow dwarves is no longer the closer that it was previously. He obviously never saw this coming.

WOW! I would place a wager this dude has paid players illegally at BAMA without getting caught since the day he set foot on that campus. Now that it is legal what is he concerned he'll have more competition for the best players?

I have doubts Bama has been doing anything different from other schools in that regard. Saban wins because he's a great salesman and gets the best players. As a coach he isn't much above average.
Same as Fulmer.

I have doubts Bama has been doing anything different from other schools in that regard. Saban wins because he's a great salesman and gets the best players. As a coach he isn't much above average.
I don’t think he’s ever taken a back seat on either X’s and O’s or installing fundamentals to any HC in history and in installing culture and winning mentality (the Process), he has no peer in the college game. So I disagree with you.

Same as Fulmer.
That’s absolutely patently false. Saban is one of the best coaches regardless of talent in the NCAA. He’s a cheater but give the devil his due.

Same as Fulmer.

Saban is the greatest coach in the modern era (post desegregation) and it's not even close.

Saban is upset Jimbo is taking advantage of NIL to do what Bama has been doing for decades: being the highest bidder

Saban lost to Jimbo and unlike the last time he struggled with a coach (Freeze), the NCAA won't send multiple Bama grads to College Station.

Yep, Bama's been buying/paying players going back to the Bahr's days in the 1960's. Bama's built in recruiting advantage has disappeared with the now legal NIL.

Same as Fulmer.

Saban's a great coach and Bama's been cheating at recruiting for decades. That's why there's been a "perfect storm" in Tuscaloosa for the past 13-14 years.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Saban (or his agents) get the ball rolling with his QB collecting a million bucks?

Bama can't match what other schools are willing to pay, or at least can't keep kids waiting now. Coaches are getting better all around in the SEC. Kids know they can make bank and win and not have to live in the absolute sh*thole that is Tuscaloosa.

Of course he doesn't like it.

I think this will bring the Saban era to a close at Alabama. He’s lost to 2 of his former coaches both in the same season in the same conference. He’s got nothing more to prove. He’s an egomaniac of course….but when you start matching talent tit for tat on the field everywhere it comes down to a few in game calls, player motivation/focus, and mental on field fortitude of the players to execute it. Dabo had his run doing so…Smart has some of the best athletes money could buy…Fisher has some of the best players money did buy. NCAA can’t turn a blind eye to the upper echelons paying players because they’re officially out of the way. Of course Saban hates it. If he hates it then it is good for everyone else.

With his age and legacy intact…maybe the Saban bell should toll….he will ride off into the AFLAC sunset on Deion Sanders back with middle fingers in the air Stone Cold style.

Saban wasn’t great at Michigan State. In fact, he never won a conference title in the Big 10. Doesn’t mean he isn’t the best college coach in the game, but he never won big till he came to the SEC. I’m sure he paid players at both LSU and Bama.

Reactions: sunnyvol79
Saban wasn’t great at Michigan State. In fact, he never won a conference title in the Big 10. Doesn’t mean he isn’t the best college coach in the game, but he never won big till he came to the SEC. I’m sure he paid players at both LSU and Bama.

Wasn't much at Miami. Little Nicky is 2-2 overall.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
The Nico recruitment has left him flustered. Cheating illegally, he had top QBs waiting for him to miss on higher priorities (like Arch Manning), now they’re gone and recruiting for other teams who prioritized them earlier. The promise of that bag by one of his fellow dwarves is no longer the closer that it was previously. He obviously never saw this coming.
I'm not sure anyone saw it coming. I thought something like 8 million for a player would at least take another 5 years.

Tennessee has changed the game, and it may take others a bit to catch on. Texas AM was on the right track and Tennessee reacted like you just mentioned (not seen coming).

VN Store

Back