So Mizzou is going 10-2 apparently

Kelly Bryant is no Drew Lock. Mizzou isn't winning 10 games even with that schedule

Still feels weird having them in the SEC. TAMU fits in nicely but Mizzou feels as wrong as West Virginia in the Big 12

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
If we had that schedule we’d be predicting 10-2 as well. When you win 50-17 in the last two meetings why the hell wouldn’t you be confident?
Freaking Dooley put 50 on this team. Yes, it really is this bad.

Reactions: 08Vol
My favorite lol:

October 19 @ Vanderbilt
This will be only the second road game of the season for Missouri and playing in front of 25 or 30K fans (most of which are yours) should be just what the doctor ordered for a third straight SEC victory to open the season.

Reactions: dduncan4163
With that schedule 10-2 is pretty realistic. Georgia and Florida are the only games they have that are for sure losses IMO. I think they wind up 8-4 as they'll lose one of those OOC games they shouldn't and drop another division game (here's hoping it's us).
Missouri will sleep walk to a 5-7 record in an NCAA probation season

Reactions: dduncan4163 and MAD
We could go 6-6 and still see a considerable amount of improvement if we close the 25+ point deficit that we saw in most of our 2018 losses.
I was actually talking about Mizzou. IMO, UT and Mizzou are two programs passing in the night. I don't think Odom is as good as Pinkel but he is a favorite son.

Missouri will sleep walk to a 5-7 record in an NCAA probation season
If that were the case I would have expected to see a lot of defections, the fact that there have been none indicates to me that there is a lot of buy-in and Missouri will be motivated. This is true especially considering all Missouri seniors had the ability to transfer with no waiver process, no questions asked. There were massive defections from Ole Miss under the similar circumstances.

If that were the case I would have expected to see a lot of defections, the fact that there have been none indicates to me that there is a lot of buy-in and Missouri will be motivated. This is true especially considering all Missouri seniors had the ability to transfer with no waiver process, no questions asked. There were massive defections from Ole Miss under the similar circumstances.
Kelly Bryant is no where near as good as Drew Lock was and everyone who thinks Missouri will be so great in 2019 will be disappointed:D

Reactions: dduncan4163 and MAD
Kelly Bryant is no where near as good as Drew Lock was and everyone who thinks Missouri will be so great in 2019 will be disappointed:D
I don't think they'll be 10-2, probably not 5-7 either. They'll be somewhere in between most likely, 7 or 8 wins. That's a very manageable schedule they have. Arkansas and Ole Miss out of the west? That's as easy as it gets.

No Kelly Bryant isn’t a great Q.B., but it looks like he got beat out by one at Clemson. He is a very good Q.B. And we would be lucky if he had transferred to u.t. We will see how season plays out but Mo. has beat us like a drum more often than not.

With Games against Southeast Missouri, Troy, Wyoming and cap it off with the rivalry game against Arkansas they should win 10 every year. But safe space U will get triggered along the way and have a meltdown.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
They also lost Emanuel Hall, their best WR by far. Mizzou struggled mid-season with him out and it cost them against KY and SCAR. Unfortunately, he was healthy and torched us early and often last season.

Crockett left but they still have Rountree.

Beckner their best DL is gone too.

Plus, Dooley has another year to screw up a well oiled offensive machine!
Dooley sucks as a HC but he is a great OC

10-2 is the top end for us. I could see us being 6-6 as easily as winning 10 but I expect 7-9 wins.

Kelly B won’t be as big a drop off at QB as some of you are predicting he had a better comp% than Lock and he is mobile as well. He is also a better leader than Lock so that bodes well.Our offense should be darn good.

I ain't sayin' a damn thing about Missouri until we don't get skull drug by them.
This. We can't say anything after the last two years. Heck, they've had our number since they joined the conference. Barry Odom is a very good coach who wins with 3-star talent. Period. Yeah, Locke is gone, but they have Kelly Bryant, an easy schedule, and their line play and defense is always solid.

That schedule is laughable. How in the hell can some of you see 7-5 with that schedule? Georgia is a loss for them, other than that it’s possible that they win every game.

Reactions: 08Vol and UTwild82
I had to laugh......

Don't they only have 3 true road games this year? That's 8 home, 3 away and 1 quasi neutral (Little Rock). Add in the fact that they return 16-17 starters and play 4 true cupcakes and I think its easy to see a path to 9 wins for them. Things rarely go as planned though and they are more than capable of laying 2-3 eggs each season based upon their overall talent and depth. I'll chalk them up for an 8-4 season, 4-4 in the SEC.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83

VN Store

Back