• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

So is Pruitt a great coach again?

I have to say pruitt will be exposed next week against Florida. JG will go back to the halls of shame with the next series of SEC games. UTC may be a bright spot for wavering fans but we all know deep inside that this is still a disaster of a coach and program

Reactions: PhilFulmersGut
To be fair, it could have been whatever we wanted to score, but we got a lot of young guys a pretty significant amount of reps early on. That should pay dividends later.

So these backup QBs couldn’t move the ball much against UTC but we’re expecting them to be better than JG?

I will say this, the man has an eye for talent. His cruits are good. They are freshman. It's no surprise they'll make mistakes, but it's obvious they're the best on the team. He's also a coach learning on the job. You can argue his success as a DC coach was due to the talent he had to work with. That may be true, but it's also true that that's what he's used to. He knows what kind of players it takes to make a competitive team and he knows how to get them. We need to give him time to get them and time for these kids to gain experience. I don't know if he'll have what it takes to put it all together and run a program, he's only had a season. He also has very high football IQ, and he eats, sleeps, and breathes it. I've heard that mentioned by himself and others including his wife. The man cares eventhough his demeanor leaves something to be desired. I'm not going to judge him on that. The jury's still out. We'll see.

Jury is still out but here's what we know.....It appears the team quit last year down the stretch, we were told it was the bad apples left over from Lyle and Pruitt weeded them out wait till this year. Fast forward to this year, team not prepared to play, talent/experience gaps all over the place. Lose two games that we needed as wins to become bowl eligible, which was the stated goal. Now as long as the team is progressing and building toward being better his job is safe for now. Come out next year like this one and the writing will be on the wall. Next year will be interesting, we may be breaking in a new qb which will be a challenge, Pruitt lost a lot of good will with the start this year, he may not survive long term with another one.

Reactions: PhilFulmersGut
On the job training then? Sure would be nice if we hired someone who actually had experience in the job requirements. I think this is a pretty common hiring practice especially considering this person is the highest paid employee in the state, including the governor.

When someone on the outside looks at our dysfunctional administration with all that change, our constant rotation of head coaches, strength and conditioning, etc, it really sends a strong signal that things are unstable and volatile. No established, successful head coach would uproot his family to dive into a cesspool like that knowing the he'd be expected to win in year 2 or else.

Given that this program has been languishing for over a decade now, what successful, established head coach in their right mind would even consider it? When you have even lower tier D1 programs offering multi million dollar contracts, you can make a ton of money with a lot more job security and much less stress at any number of programs. They don't need to join a dumpster fire for a few extra bucks. Just not worth it.

Show some patience with Pruitt. Let him rebuild the program and brand. Flip the roster and get us back on solid footing. Then if he's not challenging in the east, I suspect we could get a lot more interest from some of the talented head coaches out there.

I don't expect them to be better, I think JG proved why he's the starter, or more specifically they proved why they aren't playing more.

I admit I like what Mauer brings to the table. I doubt he starts, but I could see Pruitt putting him in if JG struggles, which he will

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Pruitt wasn't a terrible coach because he lost two games. Obviously that's not good, but everyone loses games they should win. This win doesn't somehow turn him into a great coach. It does hopefully give our team some confidence going into our biggest game so far this year. I do like how much they've improved from the first game. They're playing smarter, faster, having less mistakes. We just have to keep getting better.
He's lost 9

Is Pruitt a great coach again?

Lol

Wait til after the season and the record will tell you that.

We beat ONE team so far that we were SUPPOSED to beat.

Duhhh big red truck!

Let's not get ahead of ourselves boys. Need to release the hound in the swamp and get that gator meat!!

GO VOLS!!

I'm the only one that will ADMIT IT is guess but yes,
I said Pruitt was a great get...a great coach...and we had one of the best coaching staffs in the NCAAF
There I said it.........I am let down slowly week after week but I haven't quit on him just yet...but very critical of was is very obvious...
By the way...........where is all those BIG D LINEMAN recruits coming in....

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I've never been out on Pruitt namely because it's only his second year. However clinging for dear life to JG is a real head scratcher for me and I'd love to be a fly on the wall to know who ultimately is making that decision

Reactions: awaitingawin
I think he's done a decent job of working with what he's got.. please remember what he inherited, but the same could be said of every vol coach this past decade and look what happened with them

Reactions: awaitingawin

VN Store

Back