So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place?

I think the problem is it would have to be somebody that would work for less than a million a year. That really narrows the pool of coaches would more and likely have to hire an up and comer not an established coach.

Maybe we could steal Michael Schwartz from Barnes I think that guy is a fabulous coach. I think he is a huge reason the men's team broke out this season. We could get him for what Holly makes and he would do a far better job than she ever will.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Honestly feel like if it does come to that they need to hire someone outside of of the Tennessee family. Part of what makes coaching Tennessee difficult is they run the same sets and play the same style of play they have for 20 years.

Really need someone to look at it with fresh perspective and build a more modern brand of basketball with the same great branding and legacy that has made Tennessee great.

Even Pat was having a hard time keeping the winning up the last few years she coached, not just because of the disease, but because teams had the scout on them and weren't intimidated anymore.

Highly doubt Kelly Graves would leave Oregon with what he has going now, but I absolutely love the style of basketball they are playing. He gives his players the opportunity to make plays, and mixes things up offensively really well. Having Ionescu and Cazorla helps of course, but they look well coached. Hebard in the middle keeps it simple and just puts the ball in the hole when they get it to her.

He'd be a good get.

Reactions: 3 people
Dawn Staley, give her what ever it takes, watch the return to glory afterwards.

No her offense is terrible

Couldn't have said it better. Look at her accomplishments at Missouri St. AD Fuller can start and stop his search by bringing Kellie and Jon to the Rockytop. Her resume speaks for its self.

I love kellie but her offense is like Tennessee's remember she was at NC State and they got rid of her

Honestly feel like if it does come to that they need to hire someone outside of of the Tennessee family. Part of what makes coaching Tennessee difficult is they run the same sets and play the same style of play they have for 20 years.

Really need someone to look at it with fresh perspective and build a more modern brand of basketball with the same great branding and legacy that has made Tennessee great.

Even Pat was having a hard time keeping the winning up the last few years she coached, not just because of the disease, but because teams had the scout on them and weren't intimidated anymore.

Highly doubt Kelly Graves would leave Oregon with what he has going now, but I absolutely love the style of basketball they are playing. He gives his players the opportunity to make plays, and mixes things up offensively really well. Having Ionescu and Cazorla helps of course, but they look well coached. Hebard in the middle keeps it simple and just puts the ball in the hole when they get it to her.

He'd be a good get.

Graves is a great coach and no way he leaves the west coast and that program he is building right now

Some coaches in no particular order

Wes Moore - NC State but how much does he have left he is 60

Robyn Fralick- Ashland University(D2) Fantastic coach her teams score in bunches...Don't let the D2 thing fool you...she can flat out coach

Courtney Banghart- Princeton she wins at Princeton we all remember how she did a few years ago

Karl Smesko- Florida Gulf Coast University tremendous coach

👀👀👀👀...

Come home Tamika!!!

Chicago State reportedly interested in Tamika Catchings for its head coach opening. Whitney Young HS head coach Corry Irvin also mentioned as a possible candidate..

Twitter

Per Raoul

She was fired by NC State. Whenever we do finally replace Holly Warlick, I think it would be a mistake to limit our coaching search to women and to someone with ties to Tennessee.

Yep, I would rather just keep Holly compared to most of our fans choices for a replacement.... they are either former Lady Vols that have struggled as head coach or former Lady Vols that have never coached or attempted to run a program of any sort.

Reactions: 3 people
No her offense is terrible

I love kellie but her offense is like Tennessee's remember she was at NC State and they got rid of her

Graves is a great coach and no way he leaves the west coast and that program he is building right now

Some coaches in no particular order

Wes Moore - NC State but how much does he have left he is 60

Robyn Fralick- Ashland University(D2) Fantastic coach her teams score in bunches...Don't let the D2 thing fool you...she can flat out coach

Courtney Banghart- Princeton she wins at Princeton we all remember how she did a few years ago

Karl Smesko- Florida Gulf Coast University tremendous coach

I agree, I don't see Graves leaving the West Coast.

I really like Wes Moore, but I agree with your sentiments on his age, really need a great up and coming young coach who can stick with the program for 20-30 years if you want a dynasty again.

Smesko can definitely coach, but I'm not sure how well he would translate in the SEC, their style of play is just so different. Seeing what Cam Neubauer does at Florida will be interesting, he coached very similarly at Belmont relying heavily on the 3 and a 5 out offense.

Banghart would be right up there for me as well, I watched several of their games this year and they play great ball and are very physical for an Ivy team. Bella Alarie is one of the more versatile players I've seen play this year, looks really well coached.

to say that he coaches like an aau coach is a huge insult to the best coach in wcbb. Imo (and probably auriemma's) is that most aau coaches are just guys that couldn't get a job coaching hs basketball. They are not even in the same bball galaxy as top d1 coaches.
You are also 100% wrong about how auriemma coaches. That may be your impression - but it's wrong. I've been watching and listening to him for 25 years. He teaches how to play the game. Not "point differential and win or go home."
you really need to listen to what auriemma has to say about aau. Yeah, he has aau players and he constantly complains about how poorly prepared (by aau coaches) they are to play at the d1 level.

😆

I agree, I don't see Graves leaving the West Coast.

I really like Wes Moore, but I agree with your sentiments on his age, really need a great up and coming young coach who can stick with the program for 20-30 years if you want a dynasty again.

Smesko can definitely coach, but I'm not sure how well he would translate in the SEC, their style of play is just so different. Seeing what Cam Neubauer does at Florida will be interesting, he coached very similarly at Belmont relying heavily on the 3 and a 5 out offense.

Banghart would be right up there for me as well, I watched several of their games this year and they play great ball and are very physical for an Ivy team. Bella Alarie is one of the more versatile players I've seen play this year, looks really well coached.

No coach in today's game is likely to stick with a single program for 20-30 years. It's not going to happen and, even if it does, with very few exceptions that kind of longevity can lead to decline all by itself. Most coaches get stale with time and need change to recharge.

If the Lady Vols decide to explore a change, Wes Moore is something of a no-brainer to at least call. He's been a winner every where he's been from DIII's Maryville College Fighting Scots to the Wolfpack. He certainly knows how to coach women's basketball.

And, oh, for the record, 60 years old isn't synonymous with being dead. It isn't even the same as having one foot in the grave. :no:

Reactions: 2 people
No coach in today's game is likely to stick with a single program for 20-30 years. It's not going to happen and, even if it does, with very few exceptions that kind of longevity can lead to decline all by itself. Most coaches get stale with time and need change to recharge.

If the Lady Vols decide to explore a change, Wes Moore is something of a no-brainer to at least call. He's been a winner every where he's been from DIII's Maryville College Fighting Scots to the Wolfpack. He certainly knows how to coach women's basketball.

And, oh, for the record, 60 years old isn't synonymous with being dead. It isn't even the same as having one foot in the grave. :no:

You tell em boss...I am just shy of that age and can still knock a stuck ball out of the rim-backboard...I can touch rim on a good day...Landing's the difficult part.

:yikes:

what's the fascination with him? He's stocked up on AA too and exactly what has he done that is so great?

To answer your question he has taken the program to two NCAA Championship games, has won almost 300 games so far, is a #1 seed in this years tournament, consistently signs top recruiting classes, the program is top 5 in attendance every year now.

I'm not trying to be a smart*** but I don't see Coach Walz leaving the U of L program. He is currently in talks with the AD to do a contract extension. His current contract is worth about $1.15 million so I don't think money is going to be an over riding issue for him.

1) He is in a great basketball conference.
2) He consistently gets top recruiting classes.
3) He is one of the better paid coaches in WBB.
4) His team gets to play in the KFC Yum center.
5) Team is currently ranked #3 and is a #1 seed in the tournament.
6) His team plays in front of almost 10,000 awesome fans every home game.
7) He's from Kentucky.
8) He's stated many times that he plans to retire from coaching here.
9) He by all appearances is very happy here.

Being a Card fan and season ticket holder I can fully understand why some LV fans would like to hire him. I just don't realistically see that happening.

Whenever Holly is replaced, hopefully the new coach will understand offensive basketball in the year 2018...This pound the ball inside stuff has really gotten old..And they will love the 3 ball too.

Ya'll keep posting coaches names to replace Holly. I enjoy it.

But keep this in mind; UT is paying Butch Jones $10 Million, and John Currie $2.5 Million, plus Pruitt's $3.8 Million annual salary, and coach Barnes $2.25 Million salary.

You basketball general managers better remind yourselves of what your budget is while you are out recruiting a coach to replace Holly.

Soon!

Last edited:

But keep this in mind; UT is paying Butch Jones $10 Million, and John Currie $2.5 Million, plus Pruitt's salary.

You basketball general managers better remind yourselves of what your budget is while you are out recruiting a coach to replace Holly.

Soon!

I laughed 😂 because I was pretty sure you were being sarcastic with your "Soon!" . 😊

But keep this in mind; UT is paying Butch Jones $10 Million, and John Currie $2.5 Million, plus Pruitt's $3.8 Million annual salary, and coach Barnes $2.25 Million salary.

Soon!

It's sweet to be a $10 million dollar intern.

Champion of Life!

VN Store

Back